Forex MegaDroid

Another super EA that will only be available too 100 people for $1k. But the nice people of megadroid are giving it away too you ( and to a few thousand other people ) for free if you just buy “Forex Magic Bullet” thru there affiliate link.
Sounds like a good marketing plan.

I’d rather buy this EA: Your strategic solution - Dubai
$230, results verified by myfxbook.

Looks nice. I don’t want to hijack this thread, so no more questions about it here. PM sent. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Ati

Pietpatat

Like Ati I don’t want to hijack this thread however the system doesn’t seem to allow me to email or pm. I had been looking at Primeval who also verify their results on myfxbook. Primeval is $500 going up to $600 in April. The Dubai EA you have posted looks like a decent alternative. How long have you been following it and have you actually purchased it yet.

Cheers

Paul

I haven’t bought this EA ( yet ).
Altough the results are verified I still have my doubts.

• It is possible that the account is traded manually.
  • Sometimes it takes a huge risk. Normally it trades between 0.01-0.09 lots, but sometimes it trades 0.5 lots. It might be possible that these are manual trades to get the stats up.
  • It sais 30 days garantee, but I don’t know if this is for real.

I will email the owner of the EA before buying this ea.

Paul can you post the link to the myfxbook results from primeval?

Pietpatat

Here are their demo on Alpari myfxbook.com/members/primevalea/primeval-ea-alpari-uk/14434

and on FXCBS myfxbook.com/members/primevalea/primeval-ea-fxcbs/13631

The FXCBS results are quite different from Alpari - guess I wouldn’t be unhappy with either. Can you keep me posted on the Dubai EA. I too had noticed the large trades. Seems they appear just after a bad run - perhaps it is a sort of martingale recovery system. I like primeval as its uses different currency pairs as well.

Let me know how you get on.

Paul

Hey there…

I also wondered what you others think of this email…
the “Forex Scalpa” site shows lots of backtesting and results… but as this is just the “give-away” if you buy the “Magic Bullet” I expected to get some more information about that bot as well…
just some misterous video and that’s it…?!
Including “The Proof” = a screenshot of a profit-trade :stuck_out_tongue:
really strange and not what I actually expected of the MegaDroid-guys…
Think I will stick to my MD for now

Hmm, this is the first time IBFX did a trade, and Alpari UK did not. An 8-pip win on IBFX (too bad it’s only demo :)), nothing so far on Alpari UK live.

nothing on Alpari UK Demo either

Nothing on FXPro. But it is doing a upward impulse fading countdown.

Martin

My broker forex meta, traded on my pc, but not on my VPS…strange… so far…

Made $6 win.
:smiley:

Trade on Alpari UK live for me. +6.5 pips.

That magic bullet thingie is out, and it only costs 79$… I’m not that interested in the bullet, but the scalper that the MD guys did might be worth this much… :slight_smile:

That sounds like a deal… getting a 997USD bot as a “give-away” for a much cheaper one… :slight_smile:
that’s what you call marketing :smiley:
but remember…only 100copies…

The scalper being an MD product, I just couldn’t resist… :slight_smile:

I should have… :slight_smile: Anyway, there’s a 60-day money-back guarantee, and by the looks of it, I’ll use it…

Even backtests for the scalper are a disaster. 0.1 risk setting loses 10% of the account fron Jan 1st, 0.2 loses 20%. I know, backtesting is nothing, so I’ll keep it running, but I only keep it on a demo with these results…

Doing backtests to older timeframes, 2009 seems nice actually… This robot seems to be optimised for previous years for some reason… Starting from Jan 1st, 2009, it actually works quite well until the end of May. Then it starts losing lots of trades. Still closed with +600% (with risk level 0.2) until today, but in May it was up at +1400%, then the losing wave starts.

Well, this is all just backtesting… We’ll see what the demo account gives us.

So far it seems to be the copy of MD, same manual, same setup on screen, same trading hours according to the manual.

Backtesting results look nice indeed.
As they show in the page. 2009 was done with a pretty low risk setting as it seems… (starting with a 0.59 lot on a 10K account) still a huge profit in the end.
Really looks similar to MD in the style of trading. a lot of small winners and some…a few big losses.

For 2010 their risk settings seem to be much higher (Starting with 3.85 lot on the 10K account)

still looks promising to me…
but some forward-testing should really show more than all the backtests.

@ Ati: 2010 does show losses in your backtests already? on their site it looks quite unstable with a lot of losses… but overall still in profit?!

Regards, Tuner

I couldn’t get it to finish in profit for 2010 on IBFX demo. The higher the risk, the greater the loss. Will try it on Alpari UK in a few hours. Remind me. :wink:

Okay, here’s an update… Quite surprising actually…

On Alpari UK, the backtests show a +30% for 2010. (Same period, same settings as IBFX. That prodiced -10%!!! I redid the backtest there because I just could not believe this, but it still makes losing trades, no matter what…)

This is with a 0.1 risk setting. With a 0.2 risk, the result is +35% on Alpari UK.

Alpari UK 2009-2010, with 0.1 risk: +1040% (same period on IBFX: +31%)
Alpari UK 2009-2010, with 0.2 risk: +4723% (same period on IBFX: +608%)

It may not be that bad afterall… We just need a good broker…

I wonder why IBFX produces such bad results… They seem to have great features, and I never noticed their spreads to be as high as Alpari UK either. (MD trades a lot less on IBFX, too…)

Anyway, these are backtest results, live trading will produce a LOT less. But still… Might be worth looking into afterall… :slight_smile:

Nice results indeed.
What I noticed… it really depends on the time…means when you do the backtesting (as I think Strategy Tester takes the spread of the moment you start the testing?!)

I am also doing some testing at the moment… and get different results all the time.
Will also start the live trading now (on FxPro Demo and AlpariUk Demo… let’s see where it goes.:o

Strange thing on AlpariUK: price-feed on the demo is different from the real one (showing much lower spreads!) can you confirm that…? or something wrong with my demo-feed?

They DO seem to be different… Both of them update regularly, yet the prices are not the same. Not even close actually. I never watched this, so I don’t know if this is normal.

A buy just opened, first trade for me since the 10th.