Forex MegaDroid

why would it cause just long term losses? means what?

i’ve set up MegaDroid but there is no single trade until now, what is the problem?

thanks guys.

Most robots are designed to work well during certain market conditions (when the robot is sold). Then market conditions change, and these robots can no longer produce the same results, or even worse: they start producing more and more losers.

Take the world championship for example. The winner robots worked quite well during the championship, but you can read more and more negative reviews about them now. This is normal. If the chanpionship would be NOW, it is very likely that other robots would be the winners.

Notice that I said MOST ROBOTS, not necessarily all of them will fail. There could be robots out there that trade based on conditions that are always present.

But market conditions change, and they always will keep changing.

That said, MegaDroid does not trade too much. 1-2 trades a week maximum, but sometimes you can go a week without a trade. Remember that it does not even attempt to trade on Fridays, Sundays and the last 3 days of the month. Trading also depends on your broker. If you have a high spread, MD will simply not trade. Also remember, that MD only trades in the evenings (GMT).

I agree this is how most robots work. But doesn’t Megadroid adapt to the market condition itself? Like the last few weeks the market conditions were not right and MD didn’t start loosing, it just didn’t trade.

thanks for this great and very informative answer, i think i trash this robot-stuff, i just wanted to try it because i couldn’t believe something like that truly works.
it sounds surreal that you can make money just because you buy (or download) such a robot, if its true, everyone in this forum would be a millionair and not here sitting in front of the screen but rather relaxing on his own island with a ****tail in his hand.
so, my conclusion is, dont rely on those robots rather make efforts and learn and practice. correct me if i’m wrong.

pip it, chris :cool:

From all the robots I’ve seen, I have the most trust in MD. It goes for short scalping trades, that should be present most of the time, no matter what the “bigger” market conditions are. It also seems to be intelligent enough to try to go for breakeven if the trade goes bad. The only problem with it is the recovery mode. Wendy pointed this out, and I think I’m beginning to see it with another version (not MD, but an MD-clone on another pair).

But we have to keep in mind, that this does not guarantee 100% winning results. When MD loses, it usually loses big. If you get 2-3 of those in a row, that can be a problem. As far as I know, this has not happened yet, and maybe it never will.

You don’t necessarily have to trash it. Well, MD anyway… Some robots you should trash, yes… Ever heard of robots you buy that you need to buy extra “good” settings for? Fore more money, of course. And even then, you should optimize the robot for even more money? I’ll be honest, I’ve never tried if these work or not, the whole setup seems like a total scam.

MD seems to work quite well. Obviously, you will not become a millionaire overnight, and not even in a month. That’s just marketing ******. If it makes 5-6-7% a month, you should be happy with that. If you’re not, remember that other robots might LOSE twice as much. :wink:

And I totally agree with the learning and practice part. I constantly learn and practice, yet I am not happy with any trading method yet. :frowning: I’m still searching for THE method that suits me.

Im having good use of 2 robots together. I use megadroid onn one chart and forex funnel on the other. Funnel can blow a account if you dont have deep pockets. They say $2500 min for each 0.01 traded. I have set it at the min amount and with MD also IM doing well. I get to see 3 to 5 trades a day and I know MD is waiting in the back ground for a calm trade. I also turn off the funnel on all fridays and the monday after NFP. I havent gone wrong yet ande its been 6 months. Just down push the bots higher than your deep pockets can allow. remember, funnel uses martingal system, but, MD dont. Seems likje a safe bet to me so far. By the way, both are used on the same account number and they share the money.

I went with MD because it doesn’t use that method. There are two types of traders: those who think Martingale is the way to go, and those who think it’s only a matter of time before it wipes out your account.

I was a guy who thought this is the best thing in the world. Luckily it was only a demo account that was blown to prove that it’s not. :slight_smile:

You really need to have a lot of money for it to work. If you do, I guess it can work, I personally don’t feel safe with it. (Probably because I don’t have that much money in my real trading account.)

this md works better more trade more profit symbol eurgbp,usdchf for best result .

allmost all commercial ea’s are not profitable this one is the best.

MD works pretty good … no matter what … you just have to know how to tweak it.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones

OK, OK, HOW do we tweak it??? You need to share…lol WE all need to know.
Garry

anybody using this ea? you can tell if this ea is about to loose the next day

Yes this EA is gonna loose the next day, dont use it!

My MD is doing well, It just hasnt traded much the last 3 weeks. ( only once). Also I have 16 wins to one loss, and its way ahead.

set your times on auto or change it so it matches your broker. This is a main reason for losses if your lossing. I trade with everything at default and set my risk at 10% or .1 setting.

Garry in Naples FL

Did any ones trading provider change there SWAP pricing? Just hear that the market is almost time to move in the other direction.

FXDD put a charge on there buy option for there EURUSD.

hilarious newbie thread.

Well it is [B]baby[/B]pips right? So that explains the newbie part.
But why are you bashing this thread when you are obvious a newbie yourself?
When I look at your posts you posted somewhere that robots don’t work. So why do all the major hedgefunds and banks rely on robots to trade forex?

MD trading LATE again and is doing bad (again).
Anyone here with me? Might hit a very big SL.

I just had MD stop out on my US account and my other non-us Accounts have room to fall but the thing doesn’t trade for over 10days and when it does, it has a big loser??? It undid all the kick ass work I did this week. I need to see some serious recovery over the next few trading days or MD will be shelved. I’m doing much better than it is right now.

Edit: Buy order entered but with less money as I can’t match the original lot size due to the earlier loss. non-us orders still active. News I’m seeing on what’s out there on the order books looks like a bumpy ride if we do go up.

Not happy!!! :mad:

Same here…
just seen that we have a wider SL… the others hit it already at -75… mine would be 140 :o
There might be a retrace from the current fall. but not sure if it will reach all the way back up to out entry… As MD doesn’t close the losers before SL this could hurt badly today… grrrrh