šŸšØ GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT: Which social media platform do you use the most?

I got to agree with this, comparatively LinkedIn has a good community.

May be this is the reason, most people thinking itā€™s just for careers. Itā€™s good actually.

4 Likes

Twitter Hands down, Best feature is Authentic accounts, So you can have some sense of accountability there. At least for me, I feel that way.

5 Likes

Tiktok, May be because they are short and sweet and full of tips and tricks, Thatā€™s more my speed.

Love food vloggers, can you recommend some?

3 Likes

The ones I watch mostly are, Mark Wiens, Best Ever Food Review show and Food Ranger.

4 Likes

I personally find proposing BabyPips as a social media platform very interesting. The fact that we are interacting on a forum rather than a social media platform (Facebook/Twitter) is still participant to the same activity that the mentioned platforms partake in: connecting users. It is to be noted that the forum may be considered as the precursor to the social media platforms of today. My rationale follows.

The difference I see between a forum and a modern social media platform is the ease of commenting, that is, the formality of creating a thread with options to format text is no longer explicitly present on modern platforms that connect people. Another notable difference would be the ease in sharing videos and pictures besides text not to mention sharing a link with an automatically generated thumbnail. In short, the social media platforms of today favour ease of access, usage and availability rather then submitting tools for a properly formatted thread of comments (pictorial/textual).

So, if I had to vote for BabyPips in the context of a social media platform, I would vote for it albeit not in the top spots for the reasons explained in the previous paragraph.

As an all-purpose social media platform that does not necessarily connect like-minded individuals (for BabyPips being those interested in trading and investing), then I would not vote for it despite dedicated sections for leisurely talk. I would vote for a more modern social media platform as I did for this thread.

4 Likes

I tend to prefer Facebook. most of the traders and trading groups I have encountered there are really interesting. for market commentaries and rundowns of what went down during the week, I generally like to go through some of my favorite Youtube analytics channels.

lol. the best place to show your hate is on the charts. I wish you success in the giveaway though. cheers!!

1 Like

I am kinda surprised that no one has mentioned tradingview yet. in my opinion, they are one of the best sources for market news and their chatrooms are also great.

3 Likes

same here! Real-time search engine and you can easily follow trends and hashtags.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true I guess they can also count as a social media platform - at least the chatroom / trading feed partā€¦

2 Likes

2yrs down after being introduced to FX by my cousin I lost my job resulting from redundancy and Covid-19 related effects, Iā€™ve been on Demo trading and it has been very interesting for me to learn that practice and getting enough information on trading really pays, my names are KEN MALDEAN KISIANGANI whoā€™s trading FX now full-time and itā€™s paying my bills under circumstances of losing my full-time job. I thank Babypips.com team for providing basic free education for all level FX learners. Iā€™m a beneficiary of that. Iā€™m informed through the portal of GIVEAWAY and I wish everyone whoā€™s participating good luck in this community. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I use youtube because itā€™s a cesspool of information. Anything and everything you wanna know about, you can find it there. Sign language, dwarf stars, rare insects, etc.

Everything from cat videos to celebrity gossip to Indonesian politics.

However, the danger in having such instant access to so much random information is that you get sucked in and time can fly by.

I have to deliberately stop myself from going on youtube and wasting time. Youtube short videos and tiktok short videos are the worst. It keeps feeding the brain in short bursts and the next video comes in before you even get a chance to think about what youā€™re doing. I stopped watcing youtube short videos by deleting the app. I stay far away from tiktok. Sure thereā€™s lots of information, but it comes at a price. It feeds your short attention span so much that you start to lose your long attention span. Eventually, you have trouble paying attention past 5 minutes.

No bueno.

2 Likes

Information very watered down. Tiktok bad for the brain. Definitely avoid.

3 Likes

This is psychologically correct :clap::clap: short videos makes our brains lazy and we canā€™t concentrate on long educative videos.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that when watching a movie, after a few minutes I start checking my phone. As if the movie wasnā€™t providing enough stimuli.

This could be a result of getting used to watching different videos and getting different stimuli on youtube/tiktok short videos.

Anyone else feel like these short and continuous videos affect their attention span?

2 Likes

The wait is finally over!

We now have our forum giveaway winners!

As always, thank you to everyone who participated and shared their most used social media platforms! With most of our lives now spent online, itā€™s interesting to see where you prefer spending your time. And with so many platforms out there, we appreciate that you still choose to share some of your time with the BabyPips community! Youā€™re awesome and we love having you!
Now, I wonā€™t keep you waiting any longer. Itā€™s time to meet our lucky giveaway winners!

Letā€™s begin with the 4 lucky winners from our New Members (TL0) who will each be receiving $10 USD!

Congratulations to @Simoney10, @Yhana, @Bossgee01, and @aspectxavi!

We also have 4 winners from our Basic Users (TL1) who will each receive $15 USD!

Congratulations to @Benettel, @10650, @brandleesee, and @Mohommadasif!

Of course, we canā€™t forget 4 lucky winners from our TL2 members who will each be receiving $25 USD!

Congratulations to @AVSH, @Nick1864, @dushimes, and @HeavenRobinson!

And ending this wonderful list are our 2 lucky winners from our Regular (TL3) members who will each be receiving $50 USD. May may just be your lucky month!

Congratulations to @Johnny1974 and @steve369!

Congratulations to all of our winners! I will be reaching out to you shortly to ask for your email addresses or BTC wallet addresses (depending on your chosen prize format).

*Please be reminded that failure to respond within 7 days will result in automatic disqualification. I hope you stay tuned for more surprises, and if thereā€™s anything you want us to try for our next giveaway, please feel free to send me a message!

If you werenā€™t so lucky with this giveaway, donā€™t you fret! We have many exciting plans coming up, so stay tuned for those!

17 Likes

Congratulations to all winners and big up everyone that participated. Thanks for the opportunity,

2 Likes

Same here! Thanks to Babypips!!

1 Like

Wow. Thank you for choosing me! It means a lot! Congratulations to all the Winners! and Thank you everyone participated! Such an amazing giveaway.

Thank you again Penelopip and Babypips team for organizing this event!

Amazing!

6 Likes