Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Wow congrats man! I have so much to learn smh. Are you an intraday trader usually?

eagle/crypto/Hugo all offer share trading since they all use the exact same backend platformā€¦ I believe itā€™s 20:1.

1 Like

Supercomputers and Artificial Intelligence, augumented
by Natural Intelligence. Thatā€™s the American Way !!! :smile:
hyperscalper

Just noticed Eaglefx and Tradersway have same exact address in Dominica. I mean I know they are just po box setups, but canā€™t they be a little more creative?

2 Likes

I knew it! Lmao! Do you have any advice for someone in my position? I saw earlier we should refrain from scalping and trading via the higher time frames is where the money is at. So do you have just 2 or 3 things to look out for or tips on how to be profitable consistently? Iā€™ve had some growth and made $432 dollars profit off of $250, but iā€™ve also lost a good portion so I learned proper risk management very fast to say the least lol.

Doubling an account is easy. The hard part is learning how to not give it all back. Most people fail over the long-term because they try to grow their account quickly, and never dial back on the leverage/position size. You have to make adjustments as you go, else you are bound to take a big hit that will be difficult to recover from.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been concerned about this too. Donā€™t want to spread risk across several brokers only to find out later that they are all owned by the same personā€¦ (single point of failure)

MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS TO VISIT ANOTHER THREAD OF THIS FORUM:

This focuses on News Event trading; but keep in mind there are several other ways
that the information can be used.

Free advice is worth every penny. :slight_smile: Access to the information is free, unless
you want some kind of ā€œbootcampā€ experience. :slight_smile: Iā€™ll answer questions in that
thread, but there is no substitute for hard work

Consider thisā€¦ If you had bought AUD against USD and held it for a while
where the mark appears, then you would have made some Ca$h .

[EDIT] somewhere between 300 to 500 PIPs was available potential.

hyperscalper

So I chatted with eagle fx, ā€œchrissyā€ insisted that was their only address. I even stated that I knew it was a non physical address and even expressed that I didnā€™t really care about that, just want a good trading experience. To boot, she claimed was not at all familiar with Traders way. I donā€™t think she really understood that I was calling her out on having the same address.

The good news is Traders Way has been on the CFTC red list for awhile and I really believe Dominica is untouchable at this pointā€¦ But cā€™mon, canā€™t you at least find a different PO Box in Dominica? I mean, I understand itā€™s small, but is that the only address offering that service.

Anyone else thoughts/opinions on this? It is a good point, we work so hard to mitigate risk only to find out our funds are iall in one place anyway.

1 Like

there are only a few drop box / virtual office in dominica so it donā€™t surprise me that many compainess share the same address not just forex brokers

2 Likes

Yeah if you search the address alone theres several that come up with the same.

2 Likes

HEALTH ALERT FROM COINEXX MUCH APPRECIATED

ā€¦but icons/emoticons mixed up :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

Interestingā€¦ā€¦.does it mean anything though?

This issue has been discussed before. It is not uncommon to see, nor is it exclusive to FX brokers. This is the nature of the beast anytime you choose to deal with companies/services that are trying to skirt regulatory compliance and/or maintain anonymity. Caution should always be used when trading via an offshore broker and best practices should be followed for risk mitigation.

4 Likes

Yes I also got this email, and was intrigued about the 150% matching bonus offer that was mentioned as a promo.

Just inquired about it with their Chat support. The catch about this Bonus is that it can not be withdrawn, so it is yours but not yours. Whatā€™s the fun of it then?

It increases your margin. In short, it helps most lose their money faster. Never accept a bonus.

HELP, PLEASE. ANYONE USING IGā€™s U.S. MT4 ??

I was helping a client, with a Live MT4 at IG U.S. and
we were absolutely unable to get the MT4 platform to
do ā€œOne Click Tradingā€ right-clicking on the chartsā€¦
ā€¦even though we explicitly enabled it, and checked
the disclaimer box.

Their DEMO account happily did one-click trading
on MT4ā€¦ so Iā€™m confused. And my client says they
arenā€™t answering the phone, and also I see they have
no Trouble Ticket system on their website, SOā€¦ ??? :frowning:
ANYONE USE IG U.S. WITH MT4 WHO KNOWS
ABOUT THIS?

[EDIT] By the way, they do not have a different MT4 version,
it is build 1260 which is identical to Coinexx MT4 so I guess
its behavior is determined on the server sideā€¦ ?? I can attach
with Coinexx MT4 (identical build) and see if behavior changesā€¦

[EDIT2] tried that, no change in behavior, no One Click on-chart Trading

[EDIT] OK, FIGURED IT OUT ! Under Symbols, they have a category
labelled ā€œC-Forex-USā€ whose Currency Pair Symbols are all
SUFFIXED by ā€œ.FXā€ e.g. EURUSD.FX . With those symbols, the
One Click Trading appears. Must be very confusing to their U.S.
clients at first !!! LOL THANKS GUYZ for reading about this
mini-mystery with IG Markets U.S. MT4 behavior. LoovYaz All !!! :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

1 Like

I believe eagle fx is improperly listed as a market maker on our page 1 list.

1 Like

i agree it was in their Terms before they change it but im pretty sure they not a market maker

Looking into it.

EDIT ā€”

The List has been edited to show Eagle FX is an STP/ECN broker

1 Like