Gypsy Pippin (System)

It appears that quite often the T-sen and K-sen come together for several bars before separating. It looks like it is usually a good entry point when this first happens. Do you enter when they come together or wait until they separate? This is assuming the QQE is on the correct side of 50.

Thanks

I wait until they seperate before entering. And you’re right, usually that is a good entry point as well.

One more thing, if I get a valid sell signal for example and then at some point the 2 lines come together to me that’s not a signal to close the trade. I’ll wait until T-sen actually crosses above K-sen (if price is still below the 2 lines). If it crosses down again then I might add a position…under normal market conditions.

I just have to demo a strategy that was posted on my birthdate and also have to ask a question: what 6 pairs?

Hi! The six pairs that I’ve tested are the three commodity currencies (AUD, NZD, CAD) against USD and JPY. Though my most commonly traded pairs are AUDUSD, NZDUSD and CADJPY.

Probably a dumb question but where can I find the Tenkan-sen and Kijun-sen lines without having the senkou span line?

All you have to do is set the colors to senkou span and chikou span to “none” and then you will just have tenkan-sen and kijun-sen on the chart :wink:

thank you gypsy. i want to ask what am i suppose to do with the yellow signal on QQE? i just started to use your strategy on my live account. hope i will benefit.

Gypsy i checked your Aussie trade. i want to ask how did you decide to exit trade? what is the rule for exiting? i really did not get why you exit trade at that point.

The yellow line could serve as extra extra confirmation. For example after you’ve entered a trade following the rules and it’s an uptrend, if the blue RSI line is above the yellow line then that’s extra confirmation for the uptrend. I personally dont use it, but you could :slight_smile:

I exited that aussie trade at the “00” mark…in this case, 1.0500. ere are the exiting rules:
-When Tenkan-sen crosses Kijun-sen in the opposite direction
-Next Daily/Weekly Tenkan-sen or Kijun-sen S/R level
-Next round number ex. 1.05000

Hi digitalgypsy,

I have been following your thread and done some testing on a few entries myself.Must say quite a unique and simple method.Thank you for sharing it with us.I was wondering, ever thought of an indicator on when the tenkan-sen and kijun-sen comes together as for the working class it’s difficult to keep an eye on the charts all the time.

Thanks once again

Jacques

Hey Jacques! Im glad you like the system. I havent thought of such an indicator, but it’s not a bad idea. I’ll have to look into that :wink:

I’d like to say that is not so simple to watch and decide to put the money in the game. the system it’s very ok but i think is better to specify this is not for WHO is not trained to see all the elements on the graph’s…

it needs mounts of watching and understanding the evolution of the price and the indicators…

all good things for you!

Thanks! I appreciate your comments :slight_smile:

Hi digitalgypsy!
thanks for sharing your system
what session/s do you find this system has an advantage?
whats your winning to loss ratio roughly?

Thanks
Christina

Hi Christina
I would say that I prefer to look for trades during the second half of Asia session or beginning of Europe. I does work during the US session, but there tends to be too many big news events so I prefer to try and enter early to get my pips and get out :slight_smile:
For this system I didnt record any of the results :-/
I will definitely be doing that in the future though.
Im glad you like the system!!

Thanks for the reply!
and how many trades do you see for your 6 charts in the second half of asian session/beginning of europe. do you get at least 1 trade per chart everyday?

Yes, at least one easily. I don’t trade them all though. I dont want to be overexposed in the market, but yes about 1 trade per pair.

Ok that’s good to know
how do you choose which trades to take and which to miss?

And do you find that price will cross the Tenkan-sen and Kijun-sen but then retrace and come close to your stop loss (or hit your stop loss) and then shortly after going in the direction you were hoping for at the start? Do you find this happening sometimes? Does this happen a few times a week? If it does that means we could wait for a retrace and then enter. that way we could tighten our SL margins.

Also I notice your alert indicator, alerts as soon as the blue line crosses the 50. so do you trade as soon as you get that alert popping up? (if the blue line is crossing in the right direction of coarse)

and you keep on moving the SL up so we are just using a trail stop basically as the exit? because the exit -Tenkan-sen & Kijun-sen cross could result in a loss no? and the daily/weekly Tenkan-sen or Kijun-sen S/R levels are subjective and they would be a lot of those they would be everywhere no?
and the next round number’s are obviously not solid every time. So maybe just make it once price reaches the profit of the same amount of risk we move to break even and just put a trail stop and that it, that’s all for the exit strategy. I dont know that’s why im asking you. if I did this would it still be the same amount to profitability? because much simpler

Thank you so much again for sharing your system