Happy Corner: Aussie (AUD) pairs

The Aud looks like it is trading within a converging range of 0.9950/1.0200, as per the chart, with a mild indication of a possible break to the topside, with a potential run to the 8 Dec high at 1.0380.
Interim downside Fibo support is seen at 1.0090 and 1.0010.
It would not surprise to see a continuation of the current range for the next session or two just through general lack of interest.

I can mostly agree with your analysis. I dont see the pair doing much till the new year. Like you said mostly due to lack of intrest. However I see price smashing pairty a couple more times. There is most likely quite a few stops and orders to take out around there. If price does go for those orders then I see it going to taking out that swing low at .9877 if it can get enough momentum. I think it will as that will be where those entries at pairty will be looking to cash out and again there are most likley more stops around there to take out. Then big money will be in at a good price and yes then I think you are right on price is going up and way up. Then again this pair has been playing pairty so well its been painful to my account. I have been sitting on the sidelines for now. If price decides to rally off pairty like you say it will do the exact opposite of what I think and probably use pairty to trigger some stop to take out that swing high. Sure they are some stops resting up there to. Just not mine hehe. One thing is for sure though price is about to move pretty hard around the new year. Should be fun to watch from the sidelines as the bulls and bears fight to the death. I would love to get in on the action but really dont see anything solid enough. We will se though as the days click by.

I donā€™t think it is worth getting too carried away looking for the medium/longer term direction at this stage. I do agree that there is a move coming - though which way I donā€™t really have a clue at this point. The Euro is still a concern, as is Chinaā€™s slowing economy (The Shanghai Comp looks headed to sub 2100), and either could conspire to drag the Aud lower, but for now just stick with the range. Like you, I think it best to just stand aside at this point in time. Out of choice I would not mind being able to sell rallies into the 1.0380 area, leaving myself room to add to it with a SL on the whole position somewhere around 1.0540 , but looking for a return to current levels and below to take profit. Right now stand aside - probably till the New Year.

The Aud traded up to the downtrend resistance line at 1.0203 in Europe, which was flatly rejected and resulted in a sharp move down to 1.0070, before a partial bounce to around current levels. Conditions are extremely thin and volatility exaggerated.
For the time being we can continue to use the converging trendlines as a guideline, with the indictors hinting that we may see a test of the support levels in sessions to come. 1.0050, and then 0.9970 are the areas to watch and where bids are likely to be seen.
To the topside, 101.70 and 102 remain the immediate resistance levels to be overcome.
Asia is unlikely to do too much and 1.0050/1.0150 should easily cover it.

Hi Fxcharts. Would you care to show us your latest graph?

Youā€™re never a loser until you quit trying.

Hi paragon123, I havenā€™t posted here recently as been busy on my website upgrade, where you can see the charts on a daily basis if you are interested, but soon I will be a bit more active here. In the meantime go to the website (address is attached to the chart, aboveā€¦).

This pair has been ridiculously oversold for the past few weeks and Iā€™m thinking that a reversal could be in the works. Right now, a bullish divergence seems to be brewing on the 1-hour time frame, with stochastic making higher lows and AUD/USD making lower lows.

Will the Aussie snap out of its downtrend and jump back above parity this week? Let me know what you think!

helloā€¦yes thatā€™s a bullish divergenceā€¦i think that 1.0023 could be a resistanceā€¦so we should see maybe a small rebound
iā€™m a newbieā€¦so correct me if iā€™m wrong!
have a nice day!

hi happypip, i donā€™t think reversal will form, in fact a small pullback like kaner25 saidā€¦ anyway i think still itā€™s largely depend on how possibility the outcome of grexit.

Good to see you around Happypip. So far you are correct the pair is back above pairty but not by much. Seems to have found a happy place at pairty. This is telling me that either direction it decides to go you better buckle up as its going to move fast.

Yipes, it looks like risk aversion is still too strong today and AUD/USD just made new lows. Donā€™t worry about it! The learning doesnā€™t stop so letā€™s keep studying those charts. How is your trading experience going so far?

Youā€™re right, it looks like the Grexit possibility is really the dominant theme in the markets these days and risk sentiment is relying heavily on it. For now, it does seem that the euro zone is ready to kick Greece out! If that happens, do you think itā€™ll be positive or negative for risk appetite? Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts!

Glad to be back! Looks like AUD/USD broke down already though, and as alwjmonster pointed out, these talks of a Grexit could dictate where the higher-yielders could be headed for the next few days. With the political trouble in Greece right now, do you think this means that AUD/USD is poised for more losses? And more importantly, ARE YOU JUMPING IN? Haha :slight_smile:

The pair is going up now. Previos support (0.9870) rejected well.How about entering previous resistance area (0.9925)? 8H, 4H and IH showing a Hammer. Opinioon pleaseā€¦

itā€™s goodā€¦in my frenzy for information i stumbled upon babypips, and after that it changed my viewā€¦till then i was only tehnical relying on indicatorsā€¦now iā€™m combing sentiment market and indicators
i still have to work on my strategy thatā€™s one issue that iā€™m doing right now

Iā€™m thinking this might be a retracement for now, but do you have any idea whatā€™s driving the rally today? Iā€™m thinking that positive fundamental data could be reason for some short-covering/profit-taking but the longer-term outlook still seems bearish. Might be a chance to jump in short at a good price? Unless the Fibs are rejected too, of course.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thatā€™s good to hear! Happy to be of help to newbies like you :slight_smile: I wish you the best of luck in your learning period and donā€™t be shy to just hit me up (or any of the FX-men) if you have any questions! See ya around :slight_smile:

Hey yā€™all!

Grabbed this from Big Pippinā€™s chart art for today:

Iā€™m thinking of shorting at the top of the channel, between .9950 to 1.0000. Good idea or no?

I didnt see bib pippins chart. But looks like we are all on the same page. Even though I got in for other reasons as you can see on my thread. Hopefully you got in looks to be a nice fractal high setting up and a lower high at resistance to add to it all. Good call looks like you will be one happy pip

Dang! I picked NZD/USD instead. I shouldā€™ve shorted around .9950 but I wimped out because the pair was consolidating there and I didnā€™t want to enter at market. Oh well, lesson learned.

Iā€™ve been following your thread too and it does look like youā€™ve got a cult-following. Congratulations on your awesome Aussie trade! Keep us posted!