Have you being sucked in by fake gurus

Hi All

Just a quick one today , have you being sucked in by fakers with rubbish course that serve no purpose but to line the pockets of the faker ?

I am talking about the clownshoes like FXLifestyle , WB Trading Clean Trader formerly know as spreadbet beginner etc who all have multi able fake reviews how great they are but can not back up their claims.

When bored I watch some of their vids and chuckle to myself and then get annoyed because as a trader I know the game is hard and takes a lot of effort to succeed with these scumbags preying on those who don’t know.

I get emails everyday or messages asking for advise and I never once think I should ask for money and happy to help someone having a hard time understanding the charts.

Anyway what is your take on these , as personally I think its snakeoil sales

Have a great weekend guys

2 Likes

There are too many “gurus” for trading these days. So many “trading rooms” that cost $300+ bucks, trading robots, indicators. It is ridiculous.

When I started trading I read a few books and finally made a contact with someone who was trading profitably and he never tried to charge me. Ultimately you learn from your own experience.

The way trading is though it can easily be marketed as “easy” money. Which trading is not. So I figure this industry is just destined to be filled with scammers, unfortunately.

1 Like

Sadly this is true, took me 3 years to be consistent profit and not one course gave any value. I look at the markets the way I look at my business that has served me well for over 20 years. A loss is just a paid for lesson , write it off and move on. I help people every day and never even consider charging like these morons on YouTube. The Part that I think should a crime is the lies they all tell " I was homeless but after a year I am A FREAKING MILLIONAIRE" Total bollox. Read the Jay Wayne team take profit or fuckwits FX Lifestyle all bollox . Bugger got my blood boiling again lol

Have great one

Langers

2 Likes

My only guru is the dollar chart :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

People should try those product in demos extensively before signing in
but greed and get rich quickly thinking make people fall as a prey

But still have to buy the rubbish course to test

I was just wondering would you be happy to share your strategy?

Most courses and mentors are scams and their strategies dont work. When I’ve questioned them or their trades, I get blocked. Which I find very suspect.

Happy to chat anything .
Best advise I can give is keep simple as most of the time it is the trader not the plan that is at fault. Dont look for the holy grail and keep emotions at a low level

As Jesse Livermore was fond of saying speculating is made up of market timing, emotional control and money management.

Most courses I suspect deal only with market timing, and maybe money management.

Whilst many trading psychologists deal purely with emotional control - and charge a nice fee to boot.

I really never got suckered into courses - but if i make a course myself - it would contain a major component on how to handle being in a trading hole, grail following, what to do if you start overriding the system and all the other delights awaiting most beginners.

This is probably where most courses fall down.

From what I have seen of courses out there they make their market timing far too complex with multiple entry variables - in an attempt to sound clever, and add certainty to a business with no certainty.

As I have said many times already now - you dont need complex trading methods as taught by the gurus - all that does is add more stress to the beginner.

Infact Id be more inclined to purchase a course if it said - a five year old can trade this - than if it promoted lots of bells and whistles.

Of course many of you simply cannot believe that the simplest methods work the best - and so are forever in search of that one new guru, or secret indicator to solve your problems.

But 90% of the problems lie with the mental side of trading not with a system.

If you learn to truly think in probabilities most of you experiencing issues will improve.

But endlessly looking at courses or systems just shows that rather than thinking in probabilities you want sure fire methods that rarely lose.

This is not how winning traders think.

There are no certainties in trading, learn to live with it.

1 Like

This is where the problem lies as people do look for the holy grail, personally anyone that charges a single penny for a so called course is a snakeoil sales person. A true trader makes there living from the market and as old quote states , those who cannot teach.

The holy grail is yourself , as everyone looks at the market different with beauty in the eye of the beholder, 1 sees up 2 sees down 3 sees bigger picture , even the great Jesse Livermore got sucked in by listening to someone else and lost a fortune.

To the new traders out , read a book on how the markets work and learn basic TA then make your own system and stick to it for at least 30 days. If you end up great if down go through the trades and see why the plan failed. The key is money management make more when you right then when wrong, do this and a coin toss can be a winner

1 Like

This from a person who demanded $500 for an hour of his time! Shame!!!

I requested him to build an MT4 indicator to give away free to forum members. I told him at the onset that my intention was to give it away for free to BP forum members. This indicator would serve as training wheels to get newbies to become profitable. He agreed to help. I gave him the design and the formulas.

He builds a rough version and shows me a screen shot. Then he demands $500 for it. Up until that point he never mentioned that he would charge me for it. I told him that I don’t use indicators and I have no need for it. Heck, I don’t even use MT4 and I have already programmed this indicator on my platform. He insists that he wants money for his labor. Fair enough. I told him that he can charge a small fee to each member who wants it to cover his cost. But he would not budge.

Zrrsys is a conniving person who has no interest in helping anyone. He’s here to peddle his fan indicator. I doubt he makes any money in trading using his fan. Why else would he be so desperate to extract $500 from me?

1 Like

Great post!

And the defence rests lol

well give it to babypips members free

I do not beleive your intentions, you want me to work for free for you

that is my right we live in a capitalist system not in a communist system

I have posted enough charts with solid signals than you (and more will come)
which makes me more helpful to people than you

your idea is just an other lagging indicator with a lot of false signals
giving it to new traders will be more of disfavor than a help

my defense is try anything in a demo before buying it

in order to test you need to know what it is first and buy the crap course

well use a demo to know if it is crap or not
here is something for you to try on demo
eurrub is facing a support line in a monthly chart
use a demo and go long
here is the mql4 template to see if it is crap or real
EURRUB.tpl (109.3 KB)

You missing the point, idiot gurus sell a course , in order to test you have to BUY the course to use on a demo and find out it bollox like the Ahole who sold it. Results lost money and back worse than when started

1 Like

you are missing my point ,
if idiot gurus do not give you something free and as long as you wish to try on demo than do not go for it
it is as simple as that

Sure. Anyone using Multicharts can connect with me and I shall help them set it up for free.

You have the source code. If you did not believe me then you could have posted the indicator on the forum, no? Your position is indefensible.

So, as I mentioned, you could have charged a small fee for it. Again, you had control of disseminating the indicator to the members. If you felt so strongly about this then why did you not clarify this with me from the beginning? At that point it would have been my decision whether or not to continue our discussion.

You wanted to know what I wanted built so that you could take advantage of it for free, is it not? If that’s not conniving I don’t know what is.

If you say so. I have not read your posts. Are people clamoring to buy your fan? :sleeping:

Very well then, if you believe that this indicator is useless then why the hesitation in giving it away? LOL. Again, you have no defense.

You are so short sighted that you don’t even realize that you’ve missed an excellent opportunity to ingratiate yourself with forum members. Giving away this indicator would have served as a great marketing opportunity for your other products and services which you hope to sell here. That was just plain dumb on your part. Tsk, tsk!

I shall stop responding to any more of your replies since I don’t wish to crap on the OP’s thread any more than I already have.