HFT High Frequency Trading bot - BROKER?

If you are using a HFT bot, you need to find a low spread instrument. It can be done during a controlled volatile momentum (direction is “persistent”). For example to what happened to XAU last Friday. .It mostly happened after a big impact news.

Next thing, you must check your terminal latency. For target below 5 pips, latency must be 25 ms or faster, even sometime slippage may occurs and got zero or minus. Even you have an ideal environment, you need to know that you are served together with other client. So your order will be put into order execution’s pool.

For example, if you are using ICMarket, your need a VPS near their server, which is New York. If possible, find a VPS provider that has the same data center with IC Markets. New York City Server is one of the example.

The ideal environment for HFT will be a dedicated MT4/5 server. It’s unlikely to be happened for us as a retail trader. But I did it before for an trading firm. The other option is look for new broker which hasn’t have a lot client. Usually a new white label broker. But once the broker has more clients, you will face the same problem again and again :slight_smile:

HI @TYGMedia have u tried dedicated server for MT4/5 in IC markets for doing HFT in low spread instrument, how is the result?

Hi @jai_fx, there is no way to have dedicate server with IC Markets, so the answer is no. But I’ve HFT scalping bot running on ICMarkets. ICMarkets’ Raw Spread account has tight spread, with commission $7 / lot. You may try on them.

Remember HFT is a very sensitive strategy, don’t benchmark base on demo account.

1 Like

hi @TYGMedia did you bought any Forex VPS for doing HFT in IC markets?

Hi @jai_fx, if you use EA, you need VPS. Unless you are living in an area close to data center. ICMarkets has server located in New York.
You can use Canadian VPS, the speed is adequate enough to run an HFT bot.

1 Like

Ohh thats nice , @TYGMedia How is the experience of using VPS in HFT in IC markets and which VPS are you currently using. And also while trading in RAW account the commission itself will be so high since its an HFT trading. So how are you handling the account with comissions.

Hi @jai_fx , I have told you what I’m using. Can’t reveal any brand here as BP’s policy

The comission is 7 USD / lot. 1 pip equal to 10 USD. That will be easy dollar to get for just 1 pips. If you have good algorithm to repeat it in within 20 / minute, you earn 60 USD / minute.

You said you have tried HFT bot on demo, you should know the logic behind HFT. HFT algorithms are limited. As I know there are only 6 algorithms are used in HFT. Further more, you should have realized there are few methods to earn money from CFD other than the price different. I can’t reveal those here, these methods are very sensitive. Some brokers dislike the use of those algorithm. I believe you must have known them as well, since you have been using HFT bot for now.

Just be careful with your HFT bot, read carefully IC Markets Term of Service. If you break the rule, your account will be suspended. Some broker will take your money as penalty for your misbehave. :thinking:

Ok thats really nice @TYGMedia .On which insutrument are you using the HFT bot ?
and how can i contact u via telegrame

I can’t reveal here. It will be gray area between broker and trader. :thinking:

In short, HFT is easier to be done on low spread instruments. You can use instrument correlation but, it can be done when momentum come. You need to learn the instrument very well, on how it behaves and know what will be the counterpart.

I believe there is rule in BP for not allowing us to promote other link :grin: … you may DM me first.

how can i DM you…!

Just send message from clicking my picture. Please dont DM if not really important. Later I will be accused to have intention to sell something to you.
I was quit from my last forum by the same reason. I was accused to sell something from making this kind of long articles. :expressionless:

Note: I have no affiliation with any company. I don’t sell anything here. It’s better asking thing here. I don’t want to be accused for having any commercial intentions. I just got my post being flag as it breaks BP ToS.

Everything I wrote here, all from my personal experiences, bad and good.

2 Likes

i just want to ask and share some thoughts of HFT , I coudn’t able to find the telegrame link to text you

Hi @jai_fx, I send you DM

Good evening.
Please i am a newbie.
Which broker can accept 10$ equity and which bot can i use?

So are you saying this particular HFT bot runs good on this Broker with the help of vps of course if so please texting me back and show me sir I will pay

You have to analyze how the HFT work. There are many methods used by HFT’s bot.

There are HFT based on Tick Volume, this one should be simple. Any VPS can be used. You need to worry with server latency. Since most broker VPS has a low spec, it’s not advisable to run multiple instance of MT4/5

When you are using indicators, more indicator will consume more VPS resources. Some can stand a low spec VPS.

If your bot is an arbitrage type of HFT, i have doubt if broker VPS can be sufficient. This type of bot will monitor multiple pair at once, at least 2 pairs, higher specification is needed. Unlikely broker’s vps will sufficient, but you can try.

If your bot is a collaborative bot, meaning more than one EAs work together, you need higher spec. It’s impossible to use Broker’s VPS.

Many things need to be considered such as:

1. Broker Server’s location
  2. VPS Specification
  3. OS specification (Windows (version), Linux)
  4. Type of HFT bot
  5. VPS latency.
  6. HFT trading session (Asian, Europe, NY).

My best recommendation in technical aspect is using Linux VPS (Debian or Arch), at least 4 cores, RAM at least 4 GB. The cost is 9.35 USD / month. You can run 16 instances of MT4/5 moderate to heavy bot.

If you don’t familiar with Linux, Windows VPS can also be considered. Please note, Windows needs more resources, especially the latest one. I will pick Windows Server 2016, at least 2 cores and 2 GB Ram.
The costs is 17 USD / month.
You can run 2-3 max moderate bot.

So you need to asses many aspects before select what fit you the most. :slight_smile: For me, IC Market, Pepperstone and GoMarket fit me lovely up to now.

2 Likes

Is there a way to contact you brother I am really interesting in HFT and I want to use it with small accounts for little risk free profits ?? Can you help me , I am really serious.

@TYGMedia how can I contact you brother I want to know your method of using HFT in ic markets??

Hi @polat06 , before you ask further, do you have experience with HFT and coding at least mt4/5?

Without those, it will be hard to explain. Please aware many hft method will against broker trading ToS. Your account can be suspended, profit cancellation, even blacklisted for good.

1 Like

Yes I have some experience with mq4 coding , and I learn so fast , I will follow you step by step .