How much do you have to earn to be satisfied?

I’m starting this topic and I’m waiting for your opinions if it can be related to the capital for trading and the profit reported in percentages annually or monthly compared to the capital for trading.
Trading for a living?
depending on the answers received, I will offer trade for 4 weeks with a minimum profit of 5% per month with the help of fxblue tradecopy, I mention that it refers to a minimum leverage of 1:100

2 Likes

Unless you’re really really good, this seems like a bad idea.

But who doesn’t like winning, everytime we win we feel the joy, it’s different when a trade is going your way from the moment you put the order, it’s sweeter when we win a trade we thought we’re gonna lose. at least for me.

Trading for a living with a strong economic position—sure, why not? But when you don’t have that much to compensate for possible big losses, how will you recover from that?
It’s certainly not a smart thing to do, as you want stability in your life, and this is not the most stable place to earn from.

I’d say nope. It’s super stressful and unpredictable, even with years under my belt. I do trade, but I’ve got other income streams for stability. It’s all about balance and not putting all your eggs in one basket, you know? Stay cautious and diversified :wink:

The headline caught my attention. Honestly, this is the toughest question i have ever come across in the forum.

How much do you have to earn to be satisfied?

In all my years I have never come across anyone who was satisfied with what they were earning. Take a look at people like Bill Gates and others who are making billions. Last time I checked they were still trying to earn more than what they were currently earning, lol.

1 Like

Nobody can say how much someone else needs to be satisfied. All I can say is that for me, I want to earn 100% of what my strategy could earn. It’s all down to the strategy, not the ambition.

I don’t understand, are you offering a copy trade system for us to buy? No thanks.

Why does what you will trade depend on the answers you receive here? This is a beginner site and the vast majority of posters have no idea what they’re talking about.

2 Likes

it’s a survey that I do for me to see the opinion of other traders and it’s related to profit compared to capital. I don’t think it’s a site for beginners. I’m also not trying to sell anything. I have some scripts for sale but I’m on Mql5 and when I needed it, I looked there too. There is a lot to discuss, starting from what answers I will see. For example, I feel comfortable between 5% and 10% per month in terms of the time allocated, but I do not feel comfortable in terms of the capital that is with the broker . I would have preferred money to stay in my account and be blocked during the transaction period in favor of the broker, than to stay even in segregated accounts of the broker.I would have more confidence if I did it through a banking entity where I would have a guarantee for 100,000 euros or dollars, but the only one I know is saxo bank and it is a disaster. also for my trading technique, a lower leverage is 1:100 is not good,because in the case of the euro zone to which I belong, with a leverage of 1:30, I am forced to invest 3.33 times more money as capital for the same profit, that is, if with a capital of 100,000 usd, I have a profit between 5,000 and 10,000 usd per month which, as I said, thank you, in the euro area I am forced to put 333,333 usd for the same profit. On the Broker’s side, there are enough safety belts for my transactions through margin calls and hedging made on my transactions, so I don’t see the opportunity for leverage 1: 30, that is, at least from my point of view, it is a disadvantage, especially because that is why I came to trade with leverage.A large part of the capitalization of these leveraged markets comes from us, traders who make price speculations with our money and our risk and with expenses that are sometimes abnormal, from the swap point of view of some brokers who act like pawnbrokers, for that those who regulate play their game .Through this leveraged trading, In fact the virtualization of transactions from the real world, only a financing of the real world is done which is beneficial for the real world and reduces its financing costs

1 Like

Satisfaction is not equivalent to being comfortable. There is no upper limit on a human’s threshold for satisfaction. Our minimum requirement for satisfaction can easily keep pace with any amount of income or wealth that is created.

In other news, that wall of text was brutal to read and paragraphs are actually a thing.

I looked at your posts and saw that in 2023 you brag about your income, but not from the trading activity but from the sale of a property sold. Property paid for by tenants over a period of 13 years and you also say that you did not make transactions in most time 2023 So without trading income

Not sure what that has to do with this topic but I wasn’t bragging, it’s just the facts of my journey and that’s all in my trading journal or other posts as you have read.

Getting back to the topic, I’m not satisfied until I find my ceiling of being the best trader that I can be. If I chase mastery over money, I’ll get the money through mastery but I won’t necessarily achieve mastery by chasing the money.

As I wrote, I expect many interesting topics to start from this question, as I am aware that there are traders who have much better results than this 5-10% per month and I would like to see everyone’s opinions shared here. Definitely that any long-term gain with a certain repetition is the result of preparation and is not just a matter of luck. Normally, every day I seek to improve my skills and evolve and yes I said money but I could say the number of pips made or the percentage of gain compared to that of loss A simple observation when I leave by car from point A to point B I usually want to reach the shortest route, while in forex I would like to reach the longest, that is to catch as many as possible pips between A and B

Confused. Is this a question or an offer?

It is an offer. You will have to have a broker with a leverage of at least 1:100, tell me the broker’s name so that I can set up an account with that broker, as you know how many brokers so many quotes, my trading algorithm depends on the spread broker as long as positions are open on the platform from the signal provided by me do not open other positions to benefit from free margin Trading on a currency pair will be completed when the positions are closed at a profit You do not have to pay anything it will be free I trade on mt5, so the method of copying transactions could also be a signal.

Trading for a living is feasible with careful planning and risk management. Aim for realistic profits and remember, high leverage increases risk. Ensure you’re well-prepared for the volatility and discipline required in full-time trading.

This is a site for beginners, very few people here are long term profitable. And that goes for all public forums.

Have you got a link to a proven track record where you’re profitable over years? People shouldn’t copy trade from somebody that they know nothing about.

I’m not interested in the copy trade part, but I am interested in your strategy and track record.

As you report in your own diary, you started in 2010 and we are in 2024, I hope you will finally achieve your master’s degree and successfully trade. The subject was Profit relative to invested capital relative to the month or year, which would please you? (a few minutes ago I was reading on another forum an answer from a trader who achieved a remarkable performance of 596% profit in one year, trading forex and indices, interesting isn’t it? He wasn’t doing it to brag, he was interested in the taxation of this profit obtained))

I wasn’t referring to mastering a strategy or the act of trading which amounts to mastering a recipe or a set of instructions. My pursuit is mastery of myself as a trader and for that my appetite is not easily sated and can’t be measured in dollars.

I’m not interested in the copy trading but I appreciate your goodwill of making it available for others that might want it or need it.

i think it is something from inside
it is impossible to say after making $1000 you will earn it
but i think the sweet taste of winning will do its work
i cant mention an exact win rate and all i can say is that works for you