How much money did you start trading with? when you first started trading

ixs,

I don’t know anything about “Nano” accounts. What brokers have them?

I think I still have a few $10 bills that I haven’t wiped with yet… :wink:
Maybe I’ll be a Big Shot and start with crisp clean new $20!

edit:
I was typing the same time you were.

Thanks,
Glenn

lol, i dont think posting brokers is allowed here but you could google for ‘regulated nano micro forex broker’ and take your pick it doesnt really matter if you only spend a few tens to start out, if you like where you are you can stick around and if not theres about a hundred others, and if you feel youve grown too big at some time in the future you can go for the ones that cost a lot i suppose, im not nearly there, if i were i wouldnt need any forex broker probably. Its the leverage that gives the chance of making a lot with just a little but the risk is equally high. Thats why my uneducated arse keeps telling people to not spend their kids college fund in the hope of being the next Warren or they might end up like walter ‘breaking bad’ heisenberg in the process out of desperation and to just never start with money you couldnt just piss away
i dont think billionaires do an actual lot of forex trading
its more for starters, people playing 10ks and hundred thousands and maybe millionaires … billionaires might wanna put their money into a bit more of a longterm relationship or invest in stocks probably
i had like 10 or 15% monthly, most of the time its more like 5% or 2, and sometimes its minus, at the end of the day i think its the broker who makes the most even if they dont make it by taking yours. Its very possible, im quite sure of that but not without losing as well
for instance in real numbers i have one account this year starting out with 50 euros by now i have about 4% on that because the arrow of usd/jpy is pointing up and i take small lots, no stop losses, the profits are small but i have like 20 trades so far, no bank gives me that in a year over here, if that would have been 5000 i would have made 200 …
if i took a big lot on the first dip down, then put in a long since the trend is up according to all sources i could find and it dipped down further 500 points, my 50 euros would have been gone, or 500, or 5000, greed is usually the killer as far as i have seen for myself here
its not the only account i have and its like my second year of trading this, i still dont feel secure in predicting what will happen, take last june, the fed tapering debacle, first time it dipped almost 1000 points, second time less, third time even less, now if this happens again it might either be less since no one cares and investors just do what they think is best, or it might just trigger a once too many kind of reaction so personally im gonna avoid moments like that for the time being and just stick to my ranged program on one single pair i have been watching for over a year now almost five days a week every week
and im still not sure :slight_smile:
Albeit quite positive about the possibilities, maybe not burning out needs to be the premise of every thought had before trying anything at all. I did my research in december, all the major players agree it is most likely for usd/jpy to continue up and for eur/usd to get down by the end of 2k14 but even they dont know what will happen in the meantime and for short term trades you might be actually left to statistics, so before i talk so much the internet runs out of words, i think: the trend IS your frend, a stop loss is not a necessity and it should be relative to what you’re doing on which pair and when youre doing it and
sometimes it will just fail :slight_smile:
did i motivate you yet ? people who are spending **** they shouldnt shouldnt do this, you gotta sure about your **** man, i dont think its for everyone, only desperate ****ers like me and financial geniuses like the rest of the ancients here (you see im a noob right)
i am

2 Likes

I think we shouldn’t get carried away with what those who have jumped into FX because they got tired of the office say.

Trading currency is like trading eggs or milk, you want to know the best rate to buy or sell. You alone can’t determine the market price no can any one broker. This is determined by large banks who set the rate based on what they get from the central banking system. On the retail side you are simply following the trend by seeing what other sellers and buyers collectively doing in chart that tells you the highs and lows.

Speculators don’t influence the market more than commercial trades or interbank trades not to mention government trades. In fact hedge funds are at the bottom of the pile.

Realistically all you have to do is money manage and follow the trend. You can’t predict the market. That’s like saying I know what you will have for breakfast. I may be right a few times but it will be a guess instead I am better off asking you what you had for breakfast everyday for the past week then assume you will do the same next week hence a trend.

That’s Forex…

1 Like

Great quote.

that’s right, alchemists have been looking for the philosophers stone since the european dark ages , probably longer since most western history stops there after being altered in the name of jesus. However, if one of them had ever found it, the price of gold would have plumetted to nothing so we can be sure that up to this very day it does not exist. Its staying on top of it, empirical and going with what works, and the quantum leap of genius you get in science is not applicable here since conditions, unlike the laws of nature, are changing all the time, theres certain patterns, but they are not limited to pure numbers, the real situation always has to be taken into account, i wish some actual genius who is good with words and numbers came up with a sheet that tells which candlestick patterns work best in which situation, stuff like that, generalisations are known to be bad all around and that in itself is a generalisation.
The best bet to be had here is the dollar was at a low, the euro as well, but in the meantime all others are trying to get up, now which one will gain the most from having a stronger currency, and which one will want theirs to go down. In case of my favourite pair (im starting to turn into a cliche here) the americans seem to want to rise, while the japanese seem to be in the middle of an easing program, that ‘should’ be an uptrend, other than that … i can only read what ‘expert’ say will happen
in terms of numbers for me right now that means im going long on usd/jpy as long as it doesnt go above 105, i can do that since i dont have rollovernights and i work with little money, if it goes above that before august im gonna have to sit it out for a while, its the only pair i have been looking at for over a year
and whatever you do, dont take my words as advice but if anyone gets a ponder off of it id be not worthy yet honoured, im sure theres something in there

1 Like

Focusing on one pair is not so much of a bad idea. I like EUR/USD because it is liquid and not as volatile as some pairs and of course when converting back to sterling it is still great money. Looking long enough at pair immerses you in its peaks and bottoms, its resistance and supports. Easier to trade at that point.

1 Like

all the best indeed, i got off of the EUR/USD for exactly that reason, it jumps on me too much and i dont have the capital to keep a negative trade going deep for too long, once its negative im left waiting even without rollovers, USD/JPY is less jumpy, it has less chance at making the lottery but it is just a little more predictable imo

Don’t get me wrong volatility is what makes money and EUR/USD has solid trends.

Whatever pair works for you…I have traded that pair for 2 years,.occasionally AUD/USD pair. I do trade daily and higher.

if we ever get together after ten years of trading our own singular pair … i dont have a lot of money, but the micro accounts suit me just fine i dont think id let them go if i had millions i dont think id be doing forex since i could wait a little longer then
its too complex to get the whole picture, personally i believe you can get a feel for a situation although not the whole market since two interjecting economies will never act exactly the same, i find my patterns repeating themselves not on charts but on timezones combined with events, its a different statistic but im not a mathematician or any kind of -ician
the eur-usd poses a lot more risk to me, the conditions of movement arent that deep so yea, theres more volatility , but that means more uncertainty
otherwise it would be more steady
like the swiss franc
im surprised they caved in halfway to europe by now i dont see a reason why they should there must have been some serious threats covered up by
raison d’état in order to get that
it doesnt make sense BUT
they are stable
a rich country
low volatility

i dont speak cyrillic, if you were to write it in my alphabet i might be able to make some sense out of it if you dont im not gonna take the trouble to translate it see

ik ken uk gewujenweg klappen in mijn eigen toeël en nimmand gotter ne zak van verstoeen verstojjen mor tes ten toch leesbor ???

wtf man ? this is the internet , theres a non spoken agreement, i dont speak my language, you dont speak yours, we all make it easy for the english and the yankees since thats how it grew and everyone can understand and reply
sorry for this, the message i respond to seems to have been deleted by the time i clicked the link in my mailbox

I started with £10000 nearly 3 months ago. Not had a losing day yet and currently on just under £42000

1 Like

Incredible results. Would you like to share the secret with us :smiley: ??

haha no real secret I’m afraid, I use a mixture of the 3 duck system and Nial Fuller price action. My risk profile is generally higher than other traders though, risking up to 10% per session (two sessions per day).
It could be luck and may all come to a crashing end for me but I never do things by half. I left a very highly paid job (100k) to become an FX trader so I need to match my earnings. If it all goes belly up, its back to work for me!
I am currently creating an EA to automate this for me and am happy to post it here when complete.

$100 is a safe amount to invest in start. with this amount traders can get better idea about their skill in trading. In low lots he should trade so that they will do trading for a long time using this amount. I also invested this much it remain safe for me because i loose half of my amount in just one week.

I start with $20. I think initial deposit is not important than ur money management. After u get profit consitently with ur trading system, U can start increase its value next.

Where did you learn more about forex? Was it here on babypips?
I’m also trying to learn.

Anywhere you can get education is helpful. Just remember you are buying and selling an asset (or some will say a derivative), so the same rules apply to any form of trading i.e. buy cheap and sell to make a profit meaning you have to develop a system or pattern of trading that offers you low risk and high return.

Read a lot of books that guide you in that direction of building a trade plan. The rest is like art, practice makes perfect…

I started with 50$, I lost it, after some demo time I opened another account with 50$, I lost it too… After 2 accounts killed I finally opened an account of 300$, after a good feeling and a nice results in demo, so let’s see this time.

I tried DEMO first. $100,000 was feeling too much to open positions. all gone in only couple of weeks. but I could not let it go, gosh the early days!

for Live account, I started with $500 as I finally made money from my DEMOs!