How much profit can l REALISTICALLY make trading starting with 500 dollars

He really doesn’t wanna say which signals he used OR what he did to earn thousands of bucks. :smiley:

1 Like

Look it’s more of a demonstration and a strategy my friend, and i tried posting a link it got deleted i don’t know any other way you can see ot because it’s on my blog and the policies here don’t allow someone to post links or email addresses

Show us your blog then

1 Like

How can i do that yet am not allowed to post any link {in regards to the policies of BabyPips.com}
If there was a way i could post my blog you would see what is making me a minimum of 400 dollars per week

What’s the name of it then? Or send me a private message… :smiley:

1 Like

Five hundred dollars account is a standard acoount and you can duble it in a month if you work with a good money management plan. You have to risk the amount according to your affordable range in order to stay long. Risk wisely, reward viably!

2 Likes

well, just to share, i have manage to double 200 account in a single day (100+pips each from multiple pairs) . However it is not advisable due to the risk and short holding time. Only go for it once in a while when you are really confident about the strategy

3 Likes

Only money management can’t bring good result by your trading amount, besides this skill you have to ensure most powerful analyzing trading strategy. Otherwise good result will not come at all.

1 Like

Use a 1:3 Risk/reward and risk only a 1% of your account daily and look for a strategy that can give a 50% win rate and you will be fine.

3 Likes

Sometimes about 2008 I was very new to the chart everything look strange about these opportunity known as schools fallout opportunity.
Like today I know who I am—
Options trader. I can remember as I feel when I first learned of my first indicator.
You can be it if you really want it.

1 Like

It’s a pretty simple determination and your trading style has a great deal to do with how much you may be able to make. Basic trading math is as follows…You should be trading 2-5% risk on your account balance. So for $500 you should only be risking at most $25 on any one trade. My trading style I average about 20-25 pips per trade as a risk. So $25 is about $1 pip value.

My typical rewards are at least 1.5, but I harvest as I go along. So with each pull back I am moving my stop loss to the next level, but my trade starts usually as a 1.5:1 reward/loss. So in this example if I am risking $25, then my reward will at least be $37.5, and by moving my stop loss I usually have greater gains.

Create a simple spreadsheet with the number of trades you expect to execute each week, I anticipate about 2 for myself, and figure about 48 weeks for the year. This gives you 96 trades for the year. By compounding your gains on a $500 account you can easily start to see what you will be able to make.

Again, this boils down to trading style and more than anything whether or not you are following your system that you have in place. All too many times traders tend to not follow the rules of their system or they start switching systems because of a few losing trades. The key is to stick to a system that is known to be true for a period of time, at least 6 months, so you get a base line of how it works for you. If you are trying to master many systems you will likely have problems and fail at trading. There’s just too much going on.

Hope this helps.

6 Likes

My first demo account for Forex had the initial capital of $50, 000.00. In three months, the account balance increased to $150, 000.00 plus. I only traded EUR/USD and USD/JPY. I did not set any stop loss. Five trades for each currency pair per day. I closed trades initially when profit is 500 plus, then 1000 plus. I have not closed any negative-profit trades. But the negative profit amounted to only $ 30, 000.00. Trade size is 1 dollar each trade. Last time I checked, account balance is already $173, 000.00. But I stopped trading in the account because I do not find it realistic since I do not have the same amount of capital. Currently, I am practicing trading in $1, 000.00 initial capital demo accounts. I am struggling with capital preservation.

1 Like

Setting your demo account to an amount close to what you plan to trade live is a smart move.

Perhaps trouble with capital preservation is a symptom that needs to be addressed by proper risk management. Maybe review your margin/account size ratio as well as lot size per trade, consider entries at market vs. pending and are the trades with the overall trend or against?

I know that these are really basic items but they can be easy to forget, overlook and not consider in the “heat of the moment”.

Good Luck,

KC

2 Likes

I know how to compute the 2% trade size. But what happens is I have more losing trades than winning trades. I keep changing my trading plan based on what works and what does not. Hopefully, I can come up with my own successful trading system soon.

@adonelle2 ,

Perhaps you could post some of your trades. Describe why you entered them and what you thoughts were for stop loss and take profit.

KC

Have you backtested your strategy? If so, what is the average risk/reward ratio? If it’s 1:1 you need better than a 50/50 win/lose ratio to prosper. If it’s 1:2 you can survive and prosper on a 35/65 win/lose ratio. If it’s 1:3 or higher…skies the limit!

5 Likes

Isn’t that more attainable on a 4Hour to Daily Charts? :thinking:The reason I ask is because smaller time frames have less daily ranges and a 1:3 would need to have positions open for more than a day or two in order to hit the target for a 3x reward of ur risk! :thinking:

Your concern seems more related to the minimum pips a broker allows for a stop loss, which limits the ability to place the “super” tight stops needed for a 1:3 risk-reward in short timeframes. If you’re looking for a 10 pip gain, a 1:3 RR requires a 3-4 pip stop. What happens if your broker requires a minimum 10 pip stop? If you raise the profit target to 30 pips to balance the RR you might never get to this target. I understand where you are coming from.

This is why, in my humble opinion, trading the short timeframes is a mug’s game. At present, you are losing more trades than you win, but that is not the real issue. A trader can survive on 1 winning trade in 100 if the winning trade is more than the combined losses!

I don’t know your personal motivation for trading short timeframes. Perhaps you crave the action or feel longer timeframes are riskier. If you add up the value of your losing trades within a losing streak, however, I am almost certain this amount would be more than, perhaps, a 50 pip stop loss applied to a daily chart where the potential might be far greater than a 1:3 risk-reward ratio. Last year, for instance, I closed a trade in the USDCNH for a 1:52 risk-reward. The initial stop loss was 47 pips, the trade lasted 9 months and presented several opportunities to move my stop to lock-in equity gains along the way and apply some of that equity to add to the position.

Backtest your strategy over several timeframes, including daily and even weekly charts. You may be surprised to learn that there is nothing wrong with your strategy, but rather the timeframes you are trading.

1 Like

backtesting proves nothing, youc annmot dip your foot into the river the same 2 times. Backtesting is only really useful for testing processes, dont think for a minute because something was profitable in backtesting that it will be profitable in the future:live.

r to r and all that other stop loss logic is flawed, it works great on paper and in your mind, but hardly applies in live markets. the battlefield is in the mind in forex 89%+ , most traders beat themselves with loss stops. Stop losses DO NOT LIMIT RISK! stop losses do not limit risk, thats flawed logic and a trick to convince you that a stop loss is "best practice: and actually it is NOT! at least not if it is your intention to make a profit.

as to the $500 question…I prefer to start with $1000, and I can show you recent new $1000 live accounts, sucessful trading is measured by the percentage gains per day/week or month.
Realisctially if you risk 100% you could make 100% but thats not really best practice. the less you risk the less you will make, so you need to balance the risk on (trades open) with some conservative leverage, so that you make steady sure gains over time.

so no matter the size of the account, your trading is only measured by % gains. if you shoot for 10% gains per month thats veryu conservatived, I think, and really bulletproof if you can make 10% gains per month 12 months a year, thats 120%.

but what is key, is that even if trading only at $500 live, if you trade for a year and make 100% gain that only puts you to $1000 balance, but you have to figure that is a huge success!

2 Likes

To answer that question.You would have to check how much did you make trading your strategy on demo.

1 Like