I have found the Fx Holy Grail..NO HYPE

Aye me bucko…

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Wat settings are ya talkin bout?

Breakout lines mostly, which you don’t use. But your bar size and look is the quite similar. But then there is presentation technique and delivery method. Post chart without indication of entry and say “ITS A WINNER.”

I am sure you can extract my meaning. But if not, don’t punish yourself over all these little pip arguments. I doubt anyone is going to go all Frankenstein on you. Just don’t lose control of those pips and do not get too rumpled over all the hoopla.

Should be an easy enough fix for you. You’re pretty good at just creating new accounts and starting the process all over again.

Yuall must be smokin sum dat funny stuff.

You can’t smoke the truth.

No worries man.

My point was not alpari in and of itself nor hi lo lines (for the record, I am in favor of breakout methods). Just that all of these “different” people all seem to have the same method of “teaching.” Terse sentences, little to no actual examples, after-the-fact charts, a condescending “how can you not get this” attitude.

Maybe they are not so “different” after all. :wink:

Yuall must be blind. Dat PipPunisher fella posted trades afore dey triggered not after. Wat does ya thinks waitin means? Means waitin for da next 00 trade. Dere was plenty examples. Simple folk like me understood. Yuall too dang sensative.

One trade a day - Page 44 - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

Well, “littlejohn,” since you apparently followed that thread, you would should know that I posted to the “One trade a day” thread quite a bit. And you should also know that I often chimed in with my interpretation and defense of it. Because, unlike you, a lot of new people DON’T understand. And no. He posted CHARTS. But not his entry or exit. All he gave was rules. There was nothing to show exactly what happened in the space between his entry and exit.

But that does not mean that PP was not an alt. The language and methodology between “y’all” is too similar. Even with that ridiculous drawl ya got going on.

Yuall ain’t gots all yu ors in da wadda. Entry twas always at 00.

One trade a day - Page 43 - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

I sees 2 pips. Jest sos yualls knows I got da pic outta da google cache.

You are breaking up, man! Tone down the “redneck” filter. You are at an 11; I need you down to an 8.

2 pips, yes. And what is the spread on GBPUSD? For alpari, it is usually 2.9.

Maybe you would like to act more like a cheetah instead? :wink:

And again, I believe in the breakout method. But PP did not show many situations where HE actually WON. Just possible entries.

Buyin at 00 and sellin at 02 makes me 2 pips. How much does it makes yuall?

When the price its 00, if you enter, you are 2.9 pips down at Alpari (with the typical spread). You get out at 02 and you are not winning anything.

Ya buys at 00 not 02. Dat’s wat ThePipPunisher sez to do.

See, this is where he does not explain well.

By looking at a chart alone, when that bar gets to 00, if you buy, you WILL be down by the spread. And if you sell when the bar says 02, you WILL be losing money.

Are you having a hard time understanding spread? Those charts tell nothing about that. When you buy, you will pay the higher of the spread numbers. When you sell you will get the lower.

If a chart says price is 1.50000 and you BUY you will pay 1.5000. For Alpari, with a spread of 2.9, if you immediately turned around and sold, you would lose 2.9 pips because the sell price is 1.49971. If the chart then rose to 1.50020 and you sold, you would get 1.49991, which is less than what you paid. In order to gain a profit of two pips, the chart needs to get to 1.50049 so that you would be selling at 1.5002

Unless, I misunderstand spreads myself, that is the way it works.

So, using a chart alone and no reference to waiting for BID and ASK to reach the prices needed, the average person using his “method” would lose.

If I am wrong, someone tell me because I want to make sure I understand spread myself. :slight_smile:

0 - 2.9 + 2 = -0.9

Also 2+2=1 for those of you who can’t do math.

Let me google that for you

Let me google that for you

TalonD. I know.

But I am having fun. :smiley:

So 00 is the ASK? Even Alpari charts default to a BID chart, so when it’s showing 97.1, that’s where you’d have to buy (going with 2.9 spread) in order to get filled at 00 because “Buy” orders get filled at the ASK price. [B]Then[/B] when the BID price shows as 00 you’d be breakeven…[B]then[/B] if BID price goes to 02 you will get 2 pips profit. :cool:

I didn’t meant that for you but at those who can’t do math.

true, but no matter where you enter you still have to pay the spread before you are in profit. The thread in question clearly said to enter at the 00. not before. There were charts that showed price hitting the 00 for a loss, but those same moves also showed profit going back the other way. A point which some got and some missed.

To the OP of this thread. Sorry for joining in the off topic stuff. But temptation is so hard to resist.

I have just finished reading through this thread and find very little value here. Seems to be a lot of arrogant people posting and a few arrogant idiots I see that have been banned. I was a little surprised at some of the posts such as the one by tymen. He must of been in a bad mood that day.

With that said the originator of this thread found what most of us have found at some point in our learning and that is the use of the hand drawn trendline is a very powerful tool. If you use this tool during high volume times it’s dynamite on any time frame. If you trade the Daily and use this tool it is very accurate as well as the lower time frames as the chart shows below. If you combine this with some sort of support and resistance such as the Bollinger bands, Price Channels and/or Fibs it’s a sure winner.

Those of you who doubt the power of the trendlines are probably newbies or long time traders with long time losses. Try it and you will change your luck.

They may not be the holy grail but they are a damn site better then watching lagging indicators.

Just my two cents.

FX1