I tried to stay away from the internet or social media

Hey P, I have, it is not very pleasant, unfortunately, sometimes it can cause “going postal”. In fact it is surprising that workplace violence is not more common than it is. When you threaten a persons livelihood because of arbitrary and capricious reasons, it can get hairy.

The Ever Levelheaded VIPER

Oh man. I’m so sorry. This would be me all day if I had to work with one:

Hope you weren’t in there for too long. I’ve read some workplace stories where they just ended up copying how mean their bosses/coworkers are. They start off thinking they can change it to something positive but they just get eaten alive by the system and start spreading that caustic behavior around to the people they go home to/interact with outside of work.

Glad to hear you’ve stayed levelheaded even through all that!

1 Like

Hey P, well fortunately, at the time, my skill level was virtually irreplaceable, I finally told this psycho, “be a man, grow a pair, and fire me”, he turned and walked away, Believe it or not I outlasted him, hehehehe. But I feel bad for folks who are caught in a bad work environment and can’t get out, 8 hrs or more a day with that nonsense, like I said “postal”

The Ever Outlasting VIPER

Lbr8 _bob

2 Likes

It’s always best to balance your time between the virtual and in-person friends. The reason I can’t ignore the social media is because, there are various importance like daily work information, keeping in touch, etc. If there are irrelevant posts, or disheartened news, then

The problems always come from the mentality of using the social media, or lack of responsibility. I often see that they scroll the news feed and I call them “Scroll feeders peeps”. It isn’t healthy as it just burn up the productivity easily and starting to make you feel bored. It’s all mentality problems.

1 Like

That’s amazing. Happy to hear he didn’t rub off on you or anyone else at work! What an experience! I hope to only read about it. But if I do end up dealing with that, now I know who to message! Ha.

1 Like

I have a rule, you’ll meet two morons a day, a-holes who’ll go out of their way to upset you. Social media magnifies that problem.

Hello @ria_rose this is really good thread as many comments here are really encouraging and pretty good advises, not only for you but everyone here. I agree that social media is a big mess, thrashed lots of our times and minds, it’s hard to resist for sure. But I can’t ignore the importance of using Whatsapp, no way.
It’s better to break up with Social Media (esp. FB, TW, INSTA) for sometimes to build us self-control. :smiley:
I think it also helps when we start working on something other than gadgets/devices, like cleaning house, reading books, or spending time with friends (or roommate) that will make us spend less on Social Media.
Btw, thanks for this useful thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t meet that many new people per day, but as a whole I agree.

Right, addiction of social media is too bad. don’t even know how much time we have killed on social media till now and will be wasting in the coming years.

1 Like

I agree! :smiley: I think it definitely helps to not just be on your phone or laptop all the time. :open_mouth: It’s very challenging, though, since sadly, we connect people just through social media. :frowning: :frowning:

Anyway, thank you for your nice words! :blush: The people here have been really amazing, sharing their opinions about this. :smiley: I would like to say that I’ve gotten better with resisting social media, even just a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When we think of social media, we usually think of Facebook. :open_mouth: And I just think that avoiding social media becomes even harder as Facebook expands and becomes so many things. :frowning: They have the Market Place to replace other online marketplaces. They have the FB stories to replace Snapchat. They have the video call to replace Skype etc. :frowning: It could become hard to avoid, especially for those prioritizing convenience. :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s great to know, even I can see that you’re resisting technological stuffs these days. Keep it going. And indeed, sharing is caring.

It’s more sad that many people take it to their deeper level, no doubt it’s a big advantage for technology world but it’s destroying in humanity world. I can conclude with a suggestion that people like us need to examine ourselves, prioritize meaningful work first and have self-control over trap applications (surely this isn’t easy).

1 Like

I am a huge inspirer of the social media as it is the source of information, entertainment, discussion, and knowledge as well. Moreover, I can buy my favorite items from the social media platforms as well at a reasonable price. I really cannot leave it at any cost! Thanks!

I guess that’s understandable. :smiley: I mean, it was really hard to stay away (cause that would mean staying away from BP too! :cry:) But, I think lessening my exposure to social media helped me feel better since my feed’s usually just filled with toxicity. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Keep it going, you’re walking on a fresh road.

1 Like

Frankly speaking, you have taken the bravest decision of the current age as it is quite difficult to stay away from the social media. I, personally, am a member of almost every social media platform including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and etc. I can’t stay away from them!

What good are these things?

Sometimes, if you’re lucky, they can connect you to people with similar interests or hobbies. It’s what I use them for.

1 Like

But you’re here. And we’re here.

Right! I have met few genuine friends through social media.

1 Like