I want to know about Forex signals

Good strategy Betty Boo!!
the greenback is getting stronger + I read some good performance on the NZD (as per Reuters data) though i did not manage to trade today, lost the 3 trades i opened manuallly :frowning:

After the recent disasterous draw down on ZTs to traders, whereby they averaged into a trade without any stop losses (and lost over 900 pips) Iā€™ve decided to implement the following - which is working so far - albeit one day but itā€™s the concept Iā€™m in favour of:

1. To implement my own stop losses
  2. To close any attempt to average into a trade - I did the sums and I would have lost 100 not 900 pips
  3. To reduce certain traders number of trades per currency
  4. To close a trade if in profit if Iā€™m happy with the amount - all too often $50 becomes -$50

Any more thoughts are appreciated.

BB

Ive had a good day today - with my tight grip on Zulu trader :slight_smile:

That is correct BB :wink: i think you might be on the right track.

i think you should close trades with min damage, imho!

any other comments on strategies?

Day 2 of keeping a tight grip on my Zulu signals. Iā€™ve added a few more traders got around 6 now - all restricted to 1 trade per currency so no averaging.

I manually closed a position today - due to having 2 traders on a long Eur/usd - one closed out at break-even so I closed the other at a +15 pip profit - ie I took the view of the conservative trader that things werenā€™t going as planned so I took all the money off the table - this is also part of my strategy - to go with the conservative trader.

I also learnt something else yesterday - quite interestingā€¦

Iā€™m monitoring my Zulu traders on my demo ac because here Iā€™ve not restricted them to one trade per currency so Iā€™m able to see any averaging into a position at which time Iā€™ll go into my actual account and close the trade - ie Iā€™m taking averaging as a sign of weakness and taking my money off the table. I did some maths and even if averaging wins 9 out of 10 times (which I think is way optimistic) the one time it losses just wipes everything out so itā€™s a no no for me.

But I also noticed something else - on my demo account a pending order kicked in - I was already up 32 pips and the pending order turned out to add another 24 - nice little earner for the day - just one problem! The same said pending order did not kick in on my actual account and was still pending - damn! I worked out that itā€™s down to slippage - ie a demo account doesnā€™t suffer from slippage since itā€™s not real money whereas my actual account didnā€™t engage the pending order since by the time it came to me the position had lapsed.

In future Iā€™ll make sure all the demo pendings are reflected in my actual account :slight_smile:

Betty boo, i did not understand quite, you sending your signal from a demo or live?
or you are following with a demo/live account?

Im following with a live a/c - Ive all on managing my incoming to send any out :slight_smile:

hell betty boo, sorry for the intervention but there is no live follower in your profileā€¦
btw u closed some nice trades yesterday :wink:

Hi Eddy - there will not be anyone following me :)ā€¦ Im doing better now Im strict with the signals I am following

good for you betty boo!! keep on doing the good job.
i like the fact that you take time and discuss your trading in the forumsā€¦hardly anybody does this anymoreā€¦

Well itā€™s a pleasure - Im here to learn and pass on any good pointsā€¦

Iā€™ve tweeked my system a tad - Iā€™m now allowing 2 trades of same currency at a time - max SL 85 in some cases 70 - Iā€™ve scanned over their past 100 trades to see that this is sufficient.

Also - only traders who take out 1/2 trades a go per day at the very most.

Im ignoring signals who:

1. Average into a trade (which Im also preventing with 2 max currencies at a time)
  2. Open 5+ trades of same currency at a go - I could limit them to 2 as above but Ive found that these guys tend to trade around 3/4 times a day with a ā€œthe more you through at the wall the more will stickā€ mentality - this gambling thesis aint for me.

Iā€™m aiming for around $100/day which Im doing since last Thursday.

You a trader Eddy?

BB

BB,
no i am a follower, onlyā€¦

You should like my Zulu strategy thenā€¦

How is the signal service going Betty Boop? Are you still doing your Zulu thing?

Hi Chris,

Yes - I am playing out a news based strategy at the moment - my latest efforts are taking me down programming an EA based around news releases so itā€™s all go - and you?
Sean

oh ok, Sean do you know any good signal service that you can recommend?

Hi Christinaa - may I recommend that you let me help you. Iā€™ve tried and looked at a lot of signal providers but none will ever trade the way you want them too.

Iā€™m developing my own strategy which Iā€™m prepared to share with you if you like. If you have any time then maybe itā€™s something we can collaborate on.

What do you think?
Sean

Sean!! Happy to read a post by you :18::18:
hows trading going on? still sending signals on zulutrade?

Could anyone assist me with some good fxsignal services ?