Ict

oohh yes there are still people seeing him as Jesus

you have got to be joking by saying pity him. The guy comes in and fool new traders in here. Those guy who is looking to fool people for gains does not deserve any pittying or anything at all. there should be no place for scammers, but hey that would be too optimistic of an idea i guess

Actually I have to stick up for ole PPforex in that he was a great contributor to ICT’s threads & had good quality posts, really a shame that it’s ended like this for him.
I also feel bad for Clint & Petema, they put some real work into cataloging & referencing everything, Michael should be ashamed for undoing their hard work (by pulling the vids & I highly doubt he will re release them)
Hope we still see you guys here, enjoyed your input!

Had he stuck to the trading posts I’d agree with you. However some of the personal attacks and unpleasantness were indefensible and had little or nothing to do with ICT’s teachings. Even in their post-moderation by the Mods form many of them make for pretty unpleasant reading.

WOW…I haven’t been on this forum in months and decided to stop by and see what’s been going on all I have to say is wow just wow.

I know there are a lot of people on here that are knocking him and that’s fine everybody is entitled to there own opinion but when I read some of the post bashing SOME of the tools that he preached your post becomes comical. The core of Michael’s teaching was S/R he didn’t invent this, trading with S/R has been around forever. Time and price theory trading in the kill zones was not something he invented it’s been know for a long time. He didn’t invent these tools and he never claimed that he did he just did a good job in my opinion explaining them in video format. Do I believe in the judas swing because Michael said so NO I believe in it because I’ve seen it unfold hundreds of times. Do I believe in OTE because he told me to NO I use the OTE because it is extremely accurate. Michael never took credit for inventing these tools he just explained them in a way that was easy to understand. His lessons on money and risk management are in my opinion some of his most important lessons. Michael was always up front with what was his and what was not his and the fact of matter probably 70% of the stuff that he taught he got from other people and he always admitted to that so if you want to disregard all of the stuff he taught just because you feel that Michael is some kind of fraud that’s fine but as the saying goes - Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

There’s still some things that still don’t make sense to me if Michael did lie about everything success/profitably why the heck would he have started a myfx account if he knew that he would not be able to live up to the hype why would he put himself out there like that. We all have heard Michael speak he sounds like a pretty intelligent person he had already said that he was going to be winding down his teaching role so why would you want to go out like this. When he preaches never risking more then 2% and then going out and risking 5%. Not taking trades in the kill zones - Not putting a S/L on your trade when we can all see it. Trading in the opposite direction that he should be trading in. Not reducing risk after a loss. Revenge trading. Not taking first profit at 20 or 30 pips. It just doesn’t add up to me, if Michael traded exactly the way that he preached and was unprofitable thats one thing but to do the EXACT opposite of what you have been teaching for 2 years plus just does not make sense to me. Putting 1000’s of hours into recording/editing videos doing livestreams taking part in his threads all for NOT A SINGLE PENNY it just does not add up. And for the people that think that he is going to come back and start charging some kind of fee that’s a joke if he was going to do that he would have done it like a year ago I doubt now if he would get any takers after all that has unfolded in the last few weeks…again something just does not add up. I’m in no way defending what has unfolded in the last few weeks I think going out and deleting all your accounts and cutting all ties with a lot of people that still found some of the things that you were teaching useful was not a way to go out and honestly it makes me lose a lot of respect for you as a person. That being said as a trader I’ve learned a lot from him, he sped up my learning curve more then I can even measure my trading over the last few months has grown by leaps and bounds and my patience waiting for the proper setup has become Zen like and I owe a lot of credit to Micheal for that.

Well Said NinjaTrader.
As well as the specifics mentioned in your post I still remember the single most important aspect that ICT taught on:
[B]S&R Trumps Everything.[/B]

There, I cant believe i made my first post on BP on this thread - as Ive been lurking for years.
I have been involved in FX for the last 3 years - mostly trading breakeven until recently and the Intermarket Analysis that Michael presented was the biggest single wake up call to my trading. I cant beleive i had ignored it until i came across some of the ICT vids. He presented it simply and made me do my own research. As a result my trading improved.
Im taking the best parts - as i do of all the trading methods that abound on our internet - and sifting the rest.
Im not going to be part of taking this guy (or anyone else for that matter) down for fun.

Cheers
Prophetable.

ICT has closed his new twitter and myfx account so I believe we can assume he ran away…

Sad story… and I lost my bet!!! shame on me!!! :slight_smile:

I’m just disappointed I never got to see the Judas Swingers. What a swizz.

Anyway yes, clear all this ICT stuff out. I need room to introduce a full tutorial on the revoutionary TraderTit strategy to guaranteed success. Now with added chaffinch power!

True dat.

One thing’s certain though. His methods may work, but ICT certainly can’t trade. -20% over a 7 day period is terribad. A coin flip trading strategy would have outperformed him. Most people would have been fine with his teachings and the challenge if he had just admitted upfront that he wasn’t profitable and let the members decide for themselves if they still wanted to study his methods. Sure, sifting through crapola may be their own responsibility but being honest is the [B]right[/B] thing to do.

Yeah mate, I agree with you, but like you say it just doesn’t make sense…
He taught such a lot & for nothing in return which is absolutely admirable. But when you’re at my early stage of trading & the guy you’re learning from can’t seem to trade his way out of a brown paper bag… What do I do now??

Worse still for me was his total disrespect to others calling them his little b**ches etc, this is what disappoints the most for me.
It actually concerns me that he has a liking for his guns & displays so little respect for others.
Seriously I think I would be scared to be part of his family… you’d never get a firearms license in my country with traits he’s displayed & I know because I’ve got a license & the powers that be profile you & interview your relatives & work colleagues every ten years… not a show mate.

I respect him for the time & effort he genuinely gave for no gain, Thanks Michael!
I totally don’t respect his attitude & if he’s a real man he’d offer his apologies to those concerned & he would get my respect again, We all stuff it up at some stage & have to eat “humble pie” but those who stand out in character are the ones that can openly accept their faults… I’m afraid he doesn’t even care.

Anyway Michael whatever’s going on where you are, I offer you the best of the best, thanks for your time & I’ll give you the credit due if I make it at this gig, just as you gave due to those that helped you.
Take it easy, tomorrows another day & I hope your life in all respects is a prosperous & fulfilling one :57:

He did a lot for the community granted but those left sided analysis did very little helping us to tie all those tools together. When it was time to trade the right side of the charts and see them work…boooom.
And when people say the tools work, how do they mean. It works 1 in 10 or 1 in 2 or 1 in 100 times. And again do you get an edge using the tools at once?

If [I]S&R Trumps Everything[/I] why don’t you just trade S&R?

I guess I never got to see the posts you mention, I remember PP been amazed how ICT’s tools helped his trading & he was already doing fairly well I think. He wasn’t really an ICT worshiper in the extreme but gave credit where it was due… Oh well we live & learn :20:

I guess his goal was to become a TIMSYKES.com

Pro blogger, cant trade.

I do.
However now with more of an intermarket analysis bias to help put into context S/R areas. Started with PA/SR went round the merry go round looking for something better and ended back with PASR.
Just refined it with experience…and chart time. Lots of chart time. And losses…lots of losses.
Dont tell me Im all alone here?

He tweeted that he’s going to be a guest speaker at Chris Lori’s Florida workshop. Who wants to go and find him? hehe

Lori tossed him out earlier in the week.

Why did Lori do that?

Because ICT melted down financially and emotionally these last two weeks. Lori probably decided he doesn’t want that type of attention on what he’s doing.

I do agree to NinjaTrader. I think he did teach some core technicals basics. I still use them today - OTE, pivots, asian session, holy grail, fib levels. But thats about it. I have integrated them with other tools. And i do give him credit for that.

There was this quote about people who can analysis markets very well, but cannot trade them. I think it might been the case.

I still would have wanted for people to stay quiet a month or two before bashing. I mean, the least, it was entertaining. If he really didn’t understand what he was doing (those weeks looked like that) he came up with funny explanations about why he traded. And trades themselves were very good examples of how now to trade (intentional or not) :slight_smile:

All in all, its a pity that it turned out this way. BUT, i mentioned somewhere earlier that Babypips became very dangerous place to be. A lot of scammers, haters and other individuals who are out of control.