Ict

Once again, i mentioned that it should be [B][U]MANDATORY[/U][/B] for any other guru/trader who claims about gains to support this with real evidence. I offered this idea half year ago and still doing so. This would help Babypips site itself.

That would be unrealistic since gurus are like magnets to the masses and masses are good for Babypips revenue. What i would suggest is that anybody who wants to become a FX-(Wo)Men should provide evidence of their profitability. Don’t want the title? Sure, no problem no need to give proof.

The titles are meaningless anyway - they’re just awarded automatically on post count. In ten years’ time there will be hundreds of FX-Men! Personally I find the labels pointless.

Precisely. That is exactly why they’re pointless. It’s because anyone can become one just by posting. Imagine if this was implemented then newbies will know for a fact that FX-(Wo)Men OPs actually know what they’re talking about. This won’t be as restrictive as PipJoker’s proposition because other people without the title can still host educational threads. Only difference is that those with the title are more trustworthy. The evidence doesn’t have to be public either.

Anyways it’s just my suggestion. It’s by no means an urgent matter either.

So when they don’t claim gains, they are good to go?

Guru: I have a system that is very profitable! It works like this and this. And you do this when that and don’t when this. Look here are examples from the past.
BP: show us proof!
Guru: why, aren’t you able to identify something that makes sense?
BP: show us proof!
Guru: No, but it IS VERY profitable!! I am giving this stuff away for free. Honestly!
BP: Show us proof! We only accept advise when we are 100% sure that it will bring us money, even if it is free money!
Guru: Fine, have it your way… Good luck in the future!
BP: Hahahaha, we got him… Sucker!!
Guru continues to make heaps of money…

In theory ofcourse.

Trading is not common sense. If it was about common sense, we would all be making money. The only thing that justifies a tool working is myfxbook.

Sorry to say… But trading is common sense. You buy something or you don’t. You keep it or you get rid of it… It is the people that trade that make it complex, because they only DARE to take the decision when supported by heaps of signals.

So, when I say: I have a simple system that I like to share and brought 1600 pips in the last 4 months, but I will not give you a myxfxbook. You are not interested?

You probably say: Indeed I am not interested! As a response to the question, but are you REALLY not interested?

Common sense in 21 century is gangnam style :wink:

No. Your own personal experience can justify that. Myfxbook can only show how one person did it. That’s no guarantee of your own success.

There are plenty of systems that exist where it seems like the guy who started it is the only one that can get it to work.

Human nature gets in the way. I even look to my own trading methodology and various people are posting different trades and results, because of the subjective nature in trading.

Really not interested…

Pips mean nothing in reality, you could have made 1600 pips in four months and be at -80% equity…
I’ve made money on one of my accounts while my over all pip count is negative.

Tell us your ROI, then we can be interested :wink:

If no myfxbook backup, then I am not interested. I have seen so many people make empty claims, no point in continuing that sought of blind fate after the last event.

If Usain Bolt offers to teach me how to run the 100 meters, I ll pick that over someone who is ready to teach me how to run the 100 meters, but not ready to run the 100 meters for me to see.

Okay, fine by me… If you are not even interested to have a look at it, I’ll just keep it to myself…:slight_smile:

Good Luck Trading!

Great example. Also a good one for me to retort. Usain Bolt won’t always be able to run as he has. He also has trainers and coaches that can’t run as he has.

Likewise, the markets will always change. What might work, might not always work. The same is true of my methodology.

I’d rather follow someone who knows what they are talking about. Rather than learning from Usain, I’d want to get to the guys that taught him what he knows. And those guys aren’t the fastest men in the world.

They do however have the recipe for success. And individual talent will dictate how successful each man will be. Some could still fail miserably.

It’s not always about results. It’s about methodologies that make sense, that can be taught, can be implemented, and allow for individuals to define their own success through the natural abilities they already possess.

Hahahaha, I actually thought about that when I wrote it… lol This is a ROI orientated forum… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the honesty Jezz…:slight_smile:

We are overthinking already. Yes, subjective nature in trading exist etc. BUT i am talking about some kind of system which would filtrate real traders who want to share their knowledge from wannabies/gurus.

Despite from “bun” suggestion, right now we are stuck in the “no, it won’t be enough” phase. At least it proves that X guy who claims to make Y gains, do make them trading with Z strategy, which he want to teach/share. That gives a solid ground to build up your thread around, not other way around as we witnessed with ICT. He build up trading system for 3 years and then failed at trading his system.

How do you determine which people know-how and which don’t if you eliminate Usain Bolt? Or how do you recognize Usain Bolt in trading world, so he could led you to the people who trained him?

So if Usain Bolt never run the 100 meters for all of us to see how would we know the systems he was taught and implementing works?

You are all too much focused on the person. It is the material that counts, as you need to use it yourself.

I rather see material from 10 fake gurus and see if it gives me a lesson or two, than to skip all of them just because they don’t have proof.

Then the second fastest man in the world would be the fastest man in the world. And everything I previously stated would still apply.