Ict

So does this mean that the person in my avatar isn’t ICT :frowning: ?

I am disappoint.

Oh wells.

Good Luck Good Trading Goys!!!111

I’ll eat it. I’m probably the biggest ex-defender of ICT.

nom nom nom

It’s kinda gamey, no Christmas goose by a mile :frowning:

Lol!! Chapeau, nicely done.

Dear Jack,

would you be so kind to share us the username of the fxbook you are looking at? I think it is Puremuscle’s. His performance is in line with what you are saying here. Just so that we know on what facts you based your statement.

Thank you!

Dont’ worry… I always knew it was you.

So, did you get that job in Rome as a “Judas Priest”? If you needed references in your resume, you can direct them into this site and other thread(s) with “ICT on it” and you should be good to go :wink:

I don’t really have an issue with seeing your results. You also mention that you don’t want to be a mentor. So why the price action hero thread where you mentor others? Seems to be a contrast there.

“The few people that have found initial success with my methodology is enough to keep me entertained to provide more for them.”

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Isn’t that the definition of mentoring? Isn;t that a following and needing an ego boost.

Ok, aside from that obvious aside which shows you ARE interested in mentoring despite your denials. I don’t think that you are like ICT because you have realistic expectations of what can be achieved.

But, you asked for an analysis of yourself: and this is what I have ascertained from reading your posts.

You say that you used to be an inner city kid who broke from the mold. Thats admirable. Lets see here, so you didn’t have much opportunity growing up, I take it that you didn’t have the richest family, Ivy League education etc. Thats just extrapolating from your words - nothing really analytical there. I take it thats the truth there.

Now from your youtube history, and your post history combined with your hard upbringings is that you struggled to find a decent job. Not saying that you were on the breadline, but you had a few unfulfilling jobs. You took youtube to try to make an income for yourself.

In 2007 on babypips you struggled with forex. The initial posts you made for yourself indicated that you were a losing trader and you tried to pass yourself off at times as being a successful one before reality brought you back to earth. Like so many babypips traders you thought you were the man when you were successful, and tried to pass yourself off as a successful trader. Of course, a kid from the inner city growing up to be a successful trader? Thats great - something to aspire to. of course when it didn’t work out, that was quite crushing. Nothing to be ashamed of because that has occured to 99% of traders here. You took a break from forex because you realised that it wasn’t the career you thought it would be. It certainly would not give you that fulfilment in life, nor that feeling that you are worth something more than your upbringing.

Recently over the past year though, you did land yourself a job. Working for a pensions fund or something. Now you have only been there a little over a year. You are a rookie at the job, yet you are already giving advice, shelling out investment advice like you have been doing this for years. In fact you probably talk about this in social situations. Because you feel that you belong somewhere. You have broken out of what you used to be. You are worth something now. I see the same thing happening in every intern in any profession. They come out of college, and then they have money, an existence, knowledge and a calling. For their first year or two its all they can talk about. Their knowledge is so much more than ‘normal’ people have - it sets them aside, it makes them feel special.

Of course, as you progress in your career and your job, the technical terms and technical knowledge become secondary and you realise that all professional jobs are the same. Relating to people, sizing people up, making them happy, influencing them. The higher you go up, the more this matters, and the more you realise that your job talk and rhetoric matters very little. You will probably see this as you are 3-5 years senior in your job, and more as you get higher.

But for you, you are still at that newbie stage. You got a job! You got a career and a purpose that the street kid could not aim at and you want to show it off to the world. You have a family, and you feel invinsible - all is well in the world.

Its very similar to your forex attitude. You have made money because the LDP have directed the Yen in a one sided move not seen since 1995. Now, you want to stand on the rooftops again, you want to show off to world you are more than the failed trader you were in 2007. The reality is, that thsi attitude is very similar to you finding your job. You have a success. It feels good, you want to brag about it, and you want to say I told you so - inner city life I BEAT YOU.

Of course you want to brag - this is a basic human emotion. The need for validation, the need to feel that you mean something. You bragged that you were right about ICT did you not? Of course you brag, we ALL brag. Without validation, our lives lack purpose. Without feeling good about something, why would we do it? In the end we do things because they make us feel better, or they fulfil a need, a curiosity, boredom or a hole. Of course, you could as easily analyse why I am analysing you.

This is of course not individual. Nor is it bad. It is just my observation of people over my life and how they react. Of course there are inaccuracies but this is generally how people who react in the way you do are.

I am only writing this post because I need an ego boost. I need to know how right I am about working out your character and motivations from very little material, because that is what I think I am good at. That is my own little piece of validation right there.

Your ideFx one.

The seasoning really didn’t add to the flavour at all

But hey, I just hate seeing food go to waste!

Ake,

I’m looking forward to subscribing to your thread, and am glad you’re back. Can I ask, will you be using the same methods you’ve been using (which worked well) or a combination of methods. My honest reason for asking is that I am also trying to hone my approach, and I’m just currious if you’re going to try different things. This is an off topic question.

Aahh, yes I see. You included December. This system test started January 2, and actually made +100% in January, as only half of the equity was assigned to this system. You have to double the ROI to see the performance of the system tested. Fxbook doesn’t show you that. Read the comments!

So I actually confirmed my claim of 100%.

I want to focus on Cable/Fiber intraday trading setups. You already know all the tools i will be using :wink:

Same here. I feel that I need to either switch up the trading approach or at least switch up some of the “tools” that we all have been taught over the past years, and I’m still not 100% sure on what’s the best way to go about them. I also look forward to the future threads with some helpful advice from one learner to another.

I am interested in helping, not mentoring. There is a stark difference between the two and I’ve made that quite clear. I have no qualms sharing my methodologies and my perspectives in the market that have helped me create a profitable edge. And that is exactly what both of my threads have accomplished.

Incorrect. In 2007, my job was just dandy. I didn’t struggle to find a decent job, I had a decent job and I was able to support a family of four on my sole income with that very job. However, I have always had the entrepenurial spirit. As a result, I was always looking for something bigger and better that fit more of what I wanted out of a job.

Youtube however, was started out of passion. I was a film major in school and always wanted to find an outlet to express myself in my interests of writing and film. Youtube fit the bill at the time. However, it wasn’t for purposes of profit. The partnership program wasn’t launched until after a year I was making videos. At that time, I think I had already made close to 100 or so, I can’t recall.

And even after the launch, I didn’t participate until they personally reached out to me. At the time, they picked up a video series I had called, “Lifestyles of the Bland and Boring” and featured it on Verizon’s VCast network. Shortly after that, they featured my “How to Shave your Head” video on their front page, and it garnished close to a half of a million hits in a week’s time.

Thereafter, I was invited into the program, which I accepted. However, when my children were born in 2008, I didn’t find as much time to make videos as I had prior. You can see the progression, from getting engaged, to getting married, to having kids, and then you start seeing where my videos started tapering off as my life was getting more hectic raising twins daughters.

Not quite. Yes, I had a few good runs there that bolstered my confidence. It wasn’t that I was trying to pass myself off as successful, I believed I was successful at the time. However, my break had nothing to do with my successes or my failures in Forex. It had to do with my professional transition. I was entering an industry that disapproved of outside business activity especially when it pertained to securities and finances. I had to shut down my brokerage accounts and I stopped trading Forex until I was certain I wasn’t violating any rules of my contract.

When I briefly returned, I wrote a post about what I learned at an institutional level and how my mentalilty as a Forex trader had changed. As I was still new in my contract, I was careful about what I was able to say and what I was not able to say. As I worked to build up my practice, I took a breather again from these forums, but I started trading again.

My profitability thereafter began to skyrocket as I was able to continue to develop my trading methodology. However, I had not returned to Babypips. Every now and again, I would poke my head in the chatroom, but didn’t create much of a precense on the forum at all. Then this ICT business started up on my radar, and I kept poking my head back in here. And then, well, that pretty much brings us to present day.

I just celebrated the beginning of my third contract year last week. The knowledge I have amassed in that time is ridiculous. I’ve always been in the markets to some extent, just never at the level that I am now. My practice is running on jet fuel now as a result of not only the knowledge I do possess now, but the tools I have at my use to implement. I’m quickly becoming a subject matter expert in retirement income and asset liquidation and people are now reaching out to me for advice and feedback. In fact, next week, I’m giving a talk on the subject to my peers by request of higher ups and a local university has invited me to be their key note speaker on the topic in May. I don’t solicit myself to give talks. Both were independently brought to me, and me solely, and were independent of each other in their requests. A lot has changed over these last three years for me, I’ve grown in many areas in my life and I’m quite proud of the accomplishments I’ve made along the way and the people that have helped me move forward.

Perhaps, but I wouldn’t know as I am not employed by the firm. I’m contracted with them. I’m self employed. I come and go as I please and all that fun stuff.

The only thing I brag about is my drop dead gorgeous wife. I mean really, have you seen the girl. Smoking HOT! The rest of what you infer to as bragging, was solely done in ICT’s thread as a measure to rile him up. He kept talking so much smack to me that I wanted to show him that I was able to beat him without as much work as he puts into it. Prior to that, I hardly talked figures at all, and now when I do it’s by percentage. Never by actual dollar amounts.

Oh yeah, this was working for me, before the Yen tanked too. FYI. The yen was a bonus I didn’t anticipate and I’m quite happy I was able to have a methodology that was could absorb most of the movement.

Overall it was a pretty good assessment, based off the information you had. It was inaccurate in a lot of parts, but that’s to be expected. You were going off of information that was there, and you weren’t able to actually see the entire picture. But you did better than a psychic would I would say.

The only part you really nailed was that I didn’t grow up in favorable environment. My mom did her best, but it was welfare and used clothes for most of my childhood. I remember even drinking powdered milk, because a real gallon cost too much. So yeah, I’ve come a long way from that.

You missed out on the military experience all together. I figured you’d at least touch on that as my name here is Master Gunner 99 after all. That was a very pivotal point in my life. I used the Army to escape a world I hated and launch me onto a better path.

This was a fun exercise. Had you a bigger presense on here, I would try to make an assessment of you in return.

I assessed that was going to be a long post in reply…and I was right!..:30:
(Good stuff MG…not meant to dismiss or diminish your accomplishments)

Well there are limitations to what the internet can achieve. I’m not sure that I would ever attend a talk with someone with just three years experience in a field. Certainly I would not consider them an expert. But, it could happen. But its nice that you have posted back. There is an strong impression of validation in your thread - note that I am not contesting anything you say, since this is just a character assessment that you invited. In my experience, I find that the truly successful do not brag, or feel any need of bragging. That is always what got me about ICT in the end.

If I made a million, I would never feel the need to boast about it - in fact I would keep it under wraps. I don’t like to talk about my earnings, yet he bragged about everything. I don’t know anyone who is truly wealthy who likes to brag about wealth because once you have wealth you find that is nothing to boast about. Same with intelligence, good looks and other ‘desirable characteristics.’ I have always found that people tend to brag about things they are unsure about or need to validate to themselves. Perhaps this is why I need to validate my analysis to you, to try and convince myself that my analysis is correct. Just a bit of introspection there.

I can’t comment on the military because I know no-one in any great depth who is attached to the military so I cannot comment on how it would affect someone.

Are you going to share something about yourself Jack. This looks like a one-way communication. And honestly, I still haven’t figured out why do did this to MG99 and myself.

You are an absolute low-life to play it on a personal level where all we did was just discussing the use of myfxbook.

It is arrogant, disrespectfull and totally out of line.

Actually, my experience is that people that talk dirt about someone actually try to compensate some jealousy. Wouln’t it be more fun if you could show something yourself that would show that you are better yourself? Sure, you will say no to this. But I think we know better. You have nothing to show for yourself so you just attack what other people give you about them.

I will keep it simple. My favourite tool is a horizontal line. LO will be the main hunting ground. Hope to see you on the thread…

Just a heads up though… I will not be doing any predictive analysis (but you guys can) and I will not share open trades. These are rules I made for myself so that my ego doesn’t screw up my results :slight_smile: I have weaknesses that need compensating for heh

How do you know it is bragging? You decided that for yourself, so it must be true?

I’m sure if you did share I would use it and win more trades, but in all sincerity I want to be a better fisherman, not treated to dinner.

I have found that people will listen if you know more than them about a topic. I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself an expert as of yet either. My credentials are pushing me that direction as I begin to add applicable letters after my name for designations that align with my areas of current knowledge and the focus of my practice. I’m not sure if it portrays over the medium of the internet, but in person, I carry a relatively strong presence. This is by design as I worked hard to develop my character and persona to reflect that which garnishes attention.

And I agree, as I float in circles of people that have relative amounts of wealth, I find that you have no braggards on the street shouting out their successes. I find them to be very humble in nature and only speak of their personal finances when it’s needed to for purposes of conducting business.

Their relative successes are evident.

In terms of validation, of course there’s a need to validate to some degree. You had me out as some guy that couldn’t make ends meet and that I jumped from one thing to the next. I don’t want people having that impression of me, unless it was factual. It was natural for me to retort and provide more accuracy of your assessment.

This is were it’s a matter of opinion I suppose. I think it’s healthy for people to speak well of their strengths, provided that they acknowledge and own up to their weaknesses. That provides for me, true transparency into an individual. I find that people shy away from speaking well of themselves and are prone to only speak of their weaknesses. Both should be acknowledged and talked about in appropriate environments.

As for bragging about my wife, that’s more of a joke on here than anything else. It started when I posted a picture of her on the Mugshots thread. From there, I continue the running joke in mainly just the chatroom. But there is some truth to what you say in regards to validation. The girl is outta my league by far. Why she’s into pudgy bald guys is beyond me, but I’ll take it. So I suppose if I were to analyze from your perspective, I brag of her because I necessitate a validation that I deserve to have her or something. No reply needed for that. I pay good money to see a therpist monthly. It’s her job to tell me how hot my wife is and that I deserve to have her. :slight_smile: