Ict

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;478264”]

The graph clearly shows a loss of 1,800. His starting balance was 2,500. 2500/100=25 and 1,800/25 is 72. So that’s a 72% drawdown. If you want to point out where I am wrong that would be cool.[/QUOTE]

No the balance went down to 1.8k the loss was $700

I would slow up there buddy. “Shock and awe” where is you account sitting? Hell right now I cant even show profit in the market for this year. Am I worried? Of course but I am sure I will through it. What am I changing? Nothing I have added things to my system that could be the cause. I setup my myfxbook to show the nay sayers that someone that followed this guys concpets could show a profit and I will do so.

I understand the guy is still in the red but he is showing some consistency which as of late is not easy. But if he can continue I cant see anyone knocking him. Slow steady profits hell that enough to brag about in my book. I have a little. I have not made millions nor have I ever claimed to. He said he could but he has before and never succeeded. In the end who the hell cares if he makes a million all others who have claimed this went down in flames this guy seems to be coming back from the grave (again).

It is not my intentions to defend ICT as personally I think he is a bit of an A$$ for removing all of his videos. I read a few posts ago he had a reason but IMO thats crap (I dont know what the reason was and dont care to). But if this guy can pull through this then he has lived up to his hype. Not many others here can show and teach how to be consistent. For that even though I think he is an a$$ in deserves my respect.

That’s incorrect. The graph (before it was removed by the moderators) clearly said “total profit” and it started at 0 which would be consistent with representing total profit. He started the account at 2,500 and experienced a loss of 1800.

He still lost 72% of his account and is still 20% less then his starting balance.

Ok right but are you in profit?

Now lets crunch some number (assuming you are correct that he lost 72%)

Starting balance 2500-72%= 700
Balance to date 2500-20%= 2000

So from his lowest point of 700 this guy has now made a 285% gain since then. Thats nothing to laugh at. Is he still in the red? Yes Is that impressive? Not really but since when have any here on this site been able to show a 285% gain in just a couple months (since hitting his low). Now yes I get his account is still in the red and he should be up 45% (I think if I remember correctly) but if he can keep close to this he will be way ahead.

Thats nothing to shake a stick at right now. Its only the end of the first quarter.

Yes.

And at this point he’s still 20% off his starting balance. It could be tempting to view the comeback as an accomplishment but I don’t view it that way. After a quarter of a year without profit coming from a guy who asserted himself to be an elite trader with dozens of followers is a dissapointment to say the least.

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;478276”]

Yes.

And at this point he’s still 20% off his starting balance. It could be tempting to view the comeback as an accomplishment but I don’t view it that way. After a quarter of a year without profit coming from a guy who asserted himself to be an elite trader with dozens of followers is a dissapointment to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Actually hundreds of followers maybe a couple thousand.

And I was wrong I see my mistake now. I thought he only experienced 35% drawdown but I haven’t stayed up to speed he pissed me off lol

Hehe… Even more dissapointing

Well thats fine if you view badly upon that as a comeback very good. But I will warn the man seems to be on fire. So be careful kicking a man on fire. You just might get burned.

He was closer to being on fire three months ago before he even started.

And to think they swallowed all that fund manager BS he tried to pass off on one of his profiles. LOL

How many successful fund managers do you see racking up thousands of hours & posts, compiling dozens of overly long videos spinning yarns to impressionable newbies, whilst at the same time messing around with chump change retail accounts just to try & prove a point?

The lengths some folks will go to get a little attention.

Really?
You’re doing a pretty good job of it on this thread.
Then again, like many hundreds of other gullible souls on here you’re probably way too heavily invested not to.

The alternative view of course is that the minority on here saw straight through him like he was a sheet of glass, possessed a firmer grip on reality & weren’t so easily persuaded to invest their valuable time following an outed sockpuppet around the forum.

Neither were they so quick to believe he actually traded for a bank (remember that post? :)) supposedly based on a plentiful supply of flowery, postulating nonsense.

Explanation given at 10:30 into the video. Seems like the guy was “allowing” himself to lose. He never lost control tho. brilliant innit…

Good morning. I am new here. I have been reading BabyPips for a long time but just registered today. It appears to be a fabulously educational site and full of wonderful forums and I am very grateful to have found my way to it.

Regarding the man who is referred to as “ICT” or “InnerCircleTrading”, I am very interested in learning this man’s methodology. It is a gift to find experienced traders who are willing to teach newcomers without charging a monthly fee for service.

Having read through a LOT of threads, I really liked what he had to say. I tried with great interest to watch the videos he produced. Gone. I went to YouTube and found a few and spent time watching them all, including the dull and lifeless but extraordinarily important silent video.

I don’t know if this man is for real. I don’t know if I have finally happened upon a truly altruistic individual who is extending himself to others in an effort to do good with his life or not. I am hoping so, however.

I did find one thing on the Internet that really made me question his motives, and I also have noticed that his website’s promised April 10th launch never happened, but I am finding it hard not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am really hoping to learn to trade Forex well consistently. I wanna be Rahgee Horner when I grow up. :wink:

If anyone has REAL information as to why the man shouldn’t be trusted as an educator, please post it at once.

Otherwise, I don’t really understand the need to bash the guy. Jealousy is really ugly. And as he notes in his video, it is toxic.

Many of us would have benefitted GREATLY from the opportunity to watch the videos he created and shared here on BabyPips. And now, because of some haters with nothing better to do but criticize another human being, we have lost that opportunity.

This is how life works, folks. All of life. We can globally support and we all benefit. Or we can knock down and kick and complain and shoot down…and absolutely nobody wins.

I am here to learn, and once I’ve done that successfully, I will be here to teach. That is my promise.

Please don’t ruin the opportunity for me to complete phase 1 by kicking people who come here to educate me. And you, as a matter of fact!

Juliana

… ah I was gonna do some maths but never mind… heh and hey why can’t you delete a post anymore. Hey is that jcpfx guy going to be number four recruit for you headhunters or does he have what it takes? Just curious.

----sig----
There is no spoon
and paypal sux

Well if thats your opinion then good for you. Opinion are like A$$holes everyone has one and some just stink. Now if you think I have anything invested in the guy youve lost your mind. Now I will say prove one thing the guy taught that was wrong. I want to hear it.

It makes no sense. Turing 5k into a million is no big deal, but doing it after some draw down is? oooohhh kaaaaaayy???
I can’t believe people are falling for that explanation…after the fact.

Firstly, nobody shot or knocked him down but instead he did this to himself by taking on a trading challenge and failing to trade successfully.
Secondly, I don’t think anyone here is jealous or envious of the man, but we are instead in disbelief how an apparent charlatan still manages to have a following. Some are then just voicing that disbelief through scorn, ridicule and etc…

Do you understand now?

[QUOTE=“konan;478394”]
Firstly, nobody shot or knocked him down but instead he did this to himself by taking on a trading challenge and failing to trade successfully.
Secondly, I don’t think anyone here is jealous or envious of the man, but we are instead in disbelief how an apparent charlatan still manages to have a following. Some are then just voicing that disbelief through scorn, ridicule and etc…

Do you understand now?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Thank you. But do we know for sure that he is a charlatan? Wouldn’t that require that he takes money for his thoughts, advice, methods shared, etc?

How is he a charlatan? I’m not challenging your statement, by the way - I am asking sincerely - just looking to understand who the man is and how he went from a great educator on this site to someone who has made people angry.

Thank you very much for your response.

Juliana

There are those here that truly believe he is a fake and would never take any advice from him. They probably use many of the methods he teaches but they just didn’t learn it from him and don’t like the way he teaches it. Maybe his videos are too long, maybe he bigs himself up too much, whatever the reason, they don’t like it. And after the drawdown on his 5K account there is no longer any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

For me, ICT was the first mentor/teacher/guru I came across so everything he taught was new to me. And there’s no way it doesn’t make sense. Everything he teaches about money management, support and resistance, time of day, divergence between pairs, fibs etc. is followed by a lot of price action traders. Obviously most of what he teaches can be found in books and on the internet. It just so happens that I learnt it all from him before I ever started trading live.

If, 3 years from now, I’m making money as a full time forex trader, and I find out that ICT has lost every penny he has trying to turn 5K into 1M, it makes absolutely no difference to me. I won’t remember him as a “fake”, I’ll remember that he was the guy who taught me a lot about trading and got me on my way to being profitable.

Anyway, when his website gets going, you’re going to have to watch his videos and figure it out for yourself. You’ll soon know if you like his way of trading, and if it’s working for you. You’ll quickly decide which tools you like and which tools you don’t.

At the end of the day, the stuff he teaches all makes sense. He could well be lying about being a rich, successful trader, and that’s enough to put people off. But I don’t really care about any of that as long as his teachings make sense and I can learn from them. His account was up 30% for March, so he’s had one sh*t month and one good month. I suppose we have to give him a bit more time and see what happens before we make our final decisions.

But, just know, there are people in this forum who wouldn’t watch his videos even if he does turn 5K into 1M, and there are others who will keep following him even if he blows his account. So you’re wasting you’re time trying to get a definitive answer.