Ict

He was on here but now pulled all his videos off this site. He left the site and is starting his own. Those are leaning toward that fact. Soon he will have to charge money to keep his site up ect ect. Its nothing we have not seen before on here. As far as his challenge I remember him saying 3 years not 3 months. Sure he started off in the wrong direction but he got a long way to go

I understand. Thanks very much, guys. I appreciate all of your thoughts and opinions.

This was the only thing I found online that gave me pause:

(Oops - Iā€™m not allowed to post links yet because Iā€™m too new. I will do so ASAP.)

But youā€™re right - seems every teacher of trading gives his or her thoughts and education away for free ā€¦ Until they donā€™t.

They hook enough people and then reel em in for a price.

Iā€™ve seen it time and time again as well. Guess I was hoping this guy was different. But then I clicked on his generously offered videos on BabyPips and they were gone.

Thanks again.

J

No it wouldnā€™t because by def.
A charlatan (also called swindler or mountebank) is a person practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, [B]fame or other advantages[/B] via some form of pretense or deception.

cheers

Iā€™ll tell you what makes me angryā€¦ the fact that he has used so many different profiles on here since he left, that now I donā€™t trust any new member who joins up and starts his/her first post innocently asking about ICT yet in the same breath uses words of praise about him (great educator, generous etc), and inadvertently defends him.

I hope you are not who I think you are, you seem nice.

Small recap:

ict starts cursing everyone that questions he is the ā€œreal dealā€, he opens a thread where he lays down a complete trading plan, when the account grows to 3%/4% he continues bashing all his critics (remember the MFB post?) then the inevitable beginsā€¦ a string of losses he says nothing, you just have to be patience ā€¦ when the drawdown reaches 10% in 2-3 weeks he spread the rumor he is doing all the losing on purpose, then 12% drawdown he leaves BP and tell his hardcore followers everything was a jokeā€¦ from now on he will start trading only to winā€¦ he shows where his is going to buy using his magical tools (OTEs, divergence, etc)ā€¦ but reality strikes, 20% drawdownā€¦ he closes his account.

Now he shows a picture with +30% drawdown !?!? and then a quick recovery, that according with his ā€œteachingsā€ he is either taking a lot of risk or overtrading.

PS ā€œThereā€™s a sucker born every minuteā€ :wink:

Canā€™t really argue with this post. ICTā€™s either taken too much risk or jus got lucky. Neither of which help us to figure out whether heā€™s the real deal or not.

I AM nice, and I am NOT anyone connected to him. I have been reading on BabyPips since the day I started to think about moving from stocks and options to include Forex trading. It was only this weekend that I found a thread about him and I saw what looked like an awesome list of videos to watch for a Forex trading wannabe like myself. I clicked on those in an effort to watch them and they were all gone. Thatā€™s when I started looking into these threads a little more to see what was what.

I did think he SEEMED to be generous in spending his time trying to educate others. In fact, I read something from someone I think was a moderator welcoming him etc, and I took that as an endorsement of his quality as a presenter here.

Iā€™m not sure when I will have been here long enough to post a link, but I did find something online that I thought was odd, and that was one reason why I started posting here this morning - to try to figure out whether or not it is worth spending my time trying to learn from him.

I can see now that many of you who have been around these forums for far longer than I have understand the background to this guy.

There are several blog authors Iā€™m reading on BabyPips, and I am working through the ā€œcourseā€ on Forex for beginners, but are there any other threads or traders whom you folks would recommend I focus on as I am trying to learn a reasonable trading methodology for Forex?

Iā€™m upset that I apparently wasted my time watching his silent video and his video updates, thinking that it was a great place to start. But if you look back, you will see that BabyPips seemed to endorse this guy initially.

I really appreciate everyoneā€™s guidance. I donā€™t have time to waste on someone whose motives are not good.

As soon as I am allowed to post a link, I will show you what I found that made me question his motives and come looking for general forum perspective on the guy.

Okay, I got a message that says I need to post five times before I am allowed to post a link. So - I apologize for the extra post but this will enable me to post what I found that compelled me to come here and ask about ICT / Huddleston:

I will post the link in the next reply.

Here is the link I found. Look at the url and then look at the content of the webpage. I think the person even identifies himself as someone else. That is what made me question his ā€œaltruisticā€ motives:

Michael J Huddleston Forex

I am a proud student of ICT, and use many (but not all) of his concepts to earn consistent profits in the FX market.

anyone got a problem with that?

So - you just joined BabyPips today? Where / how did you study with ICT?

Congrats on the consistent profits.

Iā€™ve watched all the videos that are no longer available.

No, the loss was $1.8k as it the graph shows

Aha ! ā€¦ good old internet, nothing illegal about using names in any url, great for the google crawl - bet you found it using same ā€¦ that fap, or is it crap, well anyhow that turbo thing has been on the go a long time, many different urls to the same big sell - check the site and see if you see if his name anywhere other than the url.

I suppose Yunny is right in his last remark, thatā€™s why these guys have these sites - think they doā€™nt read the forums?

BTW Jajjv, I urge you to always keep an open mind, do not disregard any source of education, particularily if it is based on experience, never be swayed by any poster on any forum, always, but always use your own sound judgement.

This makes no sense. Why do you care about his motives?? Do you realise this is a business where the only way you can make money is if someone else loses money? We arenā€™t producing anything or providing any kind of service or value to anybody else. All any of us here want to do is make money for ourselves.

Maybe Michaelā€™s motive is to go down in history as some kind of trading legend on babypips. But if that was ALL he wanted to do, he would have gone straight to the 5K to 1M challenge. Instead heā€™s spent years making a ridiculous amount of videos with a ridiculous amount of information.

And I know heā€™s definitely taken a few wrong turns along the way and p*ssed a lot of people off. But who really cares?! As long as you donā€™t get too sucked in to whether you like his personality or not, you can learn a lot from his videos. Anyway, theyā€™re not there anymore. And if I know ICT, youā€™re going to be waiting a long olā€™ time before theyā€™re all released again. Maybe itā€™s worth itā€¦maybe notā€¦

This is the internet. A lot of people are here to entertain themselves at the expense of the newbie trader. Stop looking at what they are saying, and start looking at their motives for being here.

Why would someone be here, attacking some random guy who taught people trading tools? Why would they possibly care?

I dont believe you.

Iā€™m sure thats true! ICT has still failed to deliver on every promise so far. Even if I or other pathetic individuals your ad hominem fallacy is irrelevant.

I dont care.

Obviously you care enough to make an account just so you can write your testimonial here.