Ict

this is embarrassing

Leader?
A posters action reflects on him?

Iā€™am sorry to say but Michael did good as a teacher and a community builder, but he hasnā€™t shown that he can walk the walk yet.

I can fully understand that people are dissapointed at the moment. He sold himself as an excellent trader and people trusted him. As his results donā€™t show that in his first live trading weeks, I can imagine that they are annoyed/irritated/feel dissapointed.

As Michael received a lot of positive energy from his ā€œFollowersā€ in the past, he should also understand that he has to absorb the current negative energy.

The only actions reflecting on ICT are his own! This will be the case until he shows when he is able to show that he reaches the targets he set for him self and announced on BP. When he showed the results he promised, no-one would have attacked him and he would have even received praise from his critizisers.

What is also annoying is that people who critized him were almost stoned by the followers, but until now those critizers seems to have it right. Again, until ICT shows that he can do better.

So, I donā€™t think that people should be to harse when posters show annoyance about the situation as their ā€˜Leaderā€™ hasnā€™t shown the promised results yet.

Any updates man?

Thereā€™s a lot of ā€œI told you soā€ going on here at the moment, so hereā€™s a word of the day if youā€™re not familiar with it: Schadenfreude.

With the abuse being doled out at the moment and some followers being shaken because of the (admittedly sizable, from my uneducated perspective) drawdown on the account, Iā€™m not surprised Michaelā€™s left the forum. I certainly would if I were in his position.

Iā€™ve been following ICT for a year, maybe two. If he turns around and tries to sell us something Iā€™ll hold my hands up and say I was duped, that all you skeptics were right; but the problem with trying to spot the cons is that you inevitably also get false positives, and youā€™ll question every legitimately good man who comes along to help you.

Michaelā€™s teaching style contains some more hubris than a purely factual approach, and I guess this attracts detractors as well as followers. MG was (aggressively) skeptical in the myfxbook thread, but at least heā€™s put his money where his mouth is and opened up a thread to impart his knowledge. In time, if it turns out heā€™s full of it, we all will see.

However, logging into the forum with 8 posts and telling us weā€™re in for a long con is a much easier approach. Thereā€™s no reproach if you were wrong, and hell, if youā€™re right you get to come back on post 9 and tell us how right you are.

Or I can tell you I am right, right now. And you spent two years following a guy that has put you no farther closer to success then before the time you first heard the jingle from the Ice Cream Truck.

After two years, Iā€™d be hard pressed to admit defeat as well.

A relevant post by Buckscoder from back in 2011:
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39025-any-experienced-traders-making-least-100k-year-trading-8.html#post260259

Getā€™s more entertaining on the next page when ICT joins the fray

If I were to take you at your word, and ICT has been a fraud, then what would I have learned? Back to square one, and praying that youā€™re sitting on the holy grail.

Even if the ICT experiment ends badly it will teach us a valuable lesson: you are responsible for your own results.

I have no problem admitting defeat when defeated, but itā€™s a bit soon yet

I took a loss today trying to go long on cable off the daily pin-bar - bad trade. In discussing methods. In saying no closer to success and in keeping the conversation about methods not mentors, do you really think learning these methods brings one ā€œno closer.ā€ Iā€™ll admit that at the moment Iā€™m not using these methods well. If you really believe your last statement, can you please explain why market structure, s/r, fibs, inter market analysis, divergence, and market profiling (which are methods that are widely accepted) have brought folks ā€œno closerā€ to success.

Folks, I respect MG and follow along on his thread. I believe that every conversation needs balance, which he often provides. I also believe these methods take time to learn especially for us part timers. But do I really think MG will back up his last statement by discussing these methods in detail and explaining why learning them brings one no closer to success? I doubt it.

There is no holy grail? Is that what you seek?

After all you have seen, can you honestly not come to terms that ICT is not all that he would prefer you to believe?

What you describe is nothing unique to ICT. That information can come anywhere, and quite a bit of it nonetheless can be distracting.

I speak specifically of the tools that he alleges are unique to him that no one has been able to implement successfully, not even the grand puppeteer himself.

The sell has already been doneā€¦ in the form of Chris Loriā€™s seminars, Pro Traders Club (where I have seen that name :smiley: ) and DVDsā€¦ just USD2500 as seen on tv

Letā€™s do the math $2500x100 seats= $250.000

Good for 1 year of deception, and that it is just the beginning 'cause there is more material coming that will make you richā€¦ the Diamond pattern, the Emerald pattern, the Platinium patternā€¦ :smiley:

You miss the point I was trying to make, honing in on the tongue-in-cheek holy grail comment. If I believe your comment above, saying that you know what youā€™re talking about, then I have learned nothing from this whole saga.

As far as I can see weā€™ve got two possibilities here:

[ol]
[li]ICT is real, the critics are silenced, the students remains enchanted. Rainbows and butterflies abound.
[/li][li]ICT is not real, the critics are vindicated, the students becomes disenchanted. The sun refuses to rise the next day
[/li][li]
[/li][/ol]

The second case is the more complex, because I can either learn from the experience and be skeptical of teachers in the future who havenā€™t proven their track record (e.g. you, mastergunner) or I can take you at your word, like I have with ICT, and risk this whole sorry saga repeating.

The key word here is that I am open to accepting that not all is as it has been portrayed. However, I believe itā€™s as ignorant to dismiss the teachings out of hand, as it is to follow them blindly.

I canā€™t speak to the more advanced techniques as I donā€™t use them, but as youā€™ve said below some of the ICT teaching is nothing specific to ICT. Is it real harm, then, that heā€™s brought this to people? Or would you prefer that (because he teaches advanced tactics that ā€œdonā€™t workā€, or hasnā€™t traded profitably this month) he should not teach at all?

This is great. Thanks for sharing.

Stay tuned folksā€¦ [B]GLGT[/B]:57:

Outercircletrader

lol, didnā€™t know schadenfreude is used in the english language. and that there is no translation for it. well, guess that is a typical german thing then, not common to other cultures! haha, typical german :smiley:

As you may be aware yunny, Iā€¦ā€œfoundā€ the Chris Lori 24 hours of trading 12 DVD set lying around on the internet and passed it on to a few of the traders hereā€¦strictly to see if it belonged to them. Iā€™ve just googled the set and found Chris selling it, (obviously) on his site for $399.

I can honestly say that if I had paid $399 for the information contained within those DVDā€™s, I would be throwing myself off a bridge right now. The information truly is, regardless of whether it works or not, FREELY available in a thousand other places and easily findable on the internet

So are the theories of quantum mechanics, but that doesnā€™t mean you can fire up google and become an expert on your own. One of the keys of paid education is to be instructed by an expert or professional who can impart their knowledge and practical experience of the relevant topics. Iā€™ve never bought any of Loriā€™s stuff and have only seen snipets of his DVDā€™s so I am not saying they are good, worthwhile or not, but do you guys really believe ICT is in cahoots with Lori? I can see if anyone wants to believe he is a fraud or egotistical or however you want to label him, but if one thing is abundantly clear, itā€™s that he is not trying to make money off of this. Three years is a long time to ā€œsetupā€ a so called scam.

Yes.

You can learn from your mistakes. Thatā€™s the best way to justify it at this point. There was far easier material that you could have spent these last two years on and stood a better chance.

To assert ICT is still legit at this point is just silly. He taught universally viable concepts and mixed in his own brand of confusion.

Let me introduce you to my friend Bernie Madoffā€¦

If you want a more pertinent example thereā€™s Jacko over on the other [B]F[/B]orex [B]F[/B]orum who had been hosting a thread for years and decided to put his plan into motion on his third year. The trading groupā€™s members combined lost about 150-200K. There were also nine investors brought in by Mark, Jackoā€™s trading buddy, each of whom invested 250K, according to Jacko.

I just miss the videos where he used to shoot tin cans off a wall. They were ā€œawesomeā€.

Well it looks like he is not what he said he was. The sheep can keep following him. He has left because of the heat in the kitchen to which he created.

A mentor , teacher , not. Itā€™s funny here on the forum you must answer to people who question you.

He could not control that. But now he has the ability to do that. Now anyone that questions his ability will be erased from
his new twitter account.

You cant debate that. His challenge is b.s . How will everyone know if he succeds.

ICT is all about the false flag.