I'm trying out the HLHB system!

Hi guys. :smiley:

I went long for GBPUSD today @ 1.30322. Looking good so far with +21 green pips. Letā€™s see if Iā€™d hit 30 with this one. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also long for EURUSD @ 1.16080. I got in a bit late for this one. :sweat_smile: So, Iā€™ll just closely watch this trade and maybe see if I could grab a few pips for this one.

I use MetaTrader 4. Looks like you use the Oanda platform. I have been searching online and have come across some EMA crossover indicators, when configured properly, will send you a notification to your phone whenever there is a crossover. I backtested, and it looks pretty accurate. Question for you, in your HLHB trades, in addition to the trailing stop, do you also use a stop loss?

Oh. :open_mouth: Sounds interesting. :thinking: Iā€™m just really not good with programs so Iā€™m not sure if I could configure that properly. :sweat_smile: To answer your question, the system has a trailing stop loss. :smiley: Originally, itā€™s 50 pips for that. It would be great if you wanna try out the system so we could talk about our current positions! Haha :smiley:

Good afternoon everyone. :slight_smile: Sorry I wasnā€™t able to update yesterday guys! We just prepared for the super typhoon that supposedly entered the countryā€™s area of responsibility. But, donā€™t worry guys! :smiley: The rainā€™s still not that bad. :slight_smile:

Anyway, yesterday, I went short for GBP @ 1.30640 and I got 50 pips for that. :smiley: But, I also went long for EURUSD and ended up with -22 pips. Still, I think it was a good day. :slight_smile:

Today, Iā€™ll just monitor my charts. Although there was a crossover, my RSI is still above 50 so I didnā€™t open a position. :slight_smile:

Take care guys! I hope we all stay safe! :blush:

1 Like

Got it. I will be trying out the system on my demo account to learn and i will post results and we can always talk about the trade and current positions.:smiley:. 2 questions for you;
1). In the most recent HLHB update, Huck indicated she will continue to use 150-pip trailing stop and a profit target of 400 pips. Is this what you are using or you are just using the original 50-pip trailing stop?
2). In your charts, you use the Double EMA (EMA), as opposed to the regular EMA as indicated by the system. Any reason why?:slight_smile:

Iā€™m super happy to see that youā€™re very interested in the system! :blush: I really hope you give it a go so that we could discuss our trades with each other. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha.

Hmm. :thinking: Yeah. Those trailing stops are pretty high and since Iā€™m from a third world country, the thought of losing that much terrifies me. :sweat_smile: Itā€™s just such a big amount in our currency so I donā€™t want to risk that much. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m still using the original one. I hope thatā€™s not so wrong to the system. :frowning:

Hi everyooone! :smiley: Sorry Iā€™ve been inactive mostly since Friday. It was when the super typhoon affected our area and there were a few power outages. :frowning:

Anyway, I hope everyoneā€™s safe, especially those who were along the track of the hurricane in US. :frowning: Itā€™s nice to be back here and demo trading! :blush: Letā€™s all have a fantastic week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good afternoon guuuys! :smiley: Sorry if I wasnā€™t able to update you guys yesterday :sweat_smile: I had to do a lot of chores at home. And by the time I was done, I just wanted to sleep!!! :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I donā€™t have any open positions right now. :slight_smile: Iā€™m still watching my charts though. :smiley:
Good luck with your trades guys! May the green pips be with you. :sunny:

1 Like

I know you guys donā€™t trade USD/CAD, but i went short at 1.30245 and exited at 1.29557. I will admit, i moved my trailing stop couple of times to lock in some profits, got about 68.8 pips on a microlot on my demo account.

1 Like

Wow. :smiley: 68 pips is pretty goooood! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: Good job @osasfrancis88. :slight_smile:

Ria, maganda umaga, from the ranch and estate. Be very cautious out there this week, there are Tiger Sharks in the water, very dangerous.

The Ever In the Boat VIPER

1 Like

Magandang umaga @TradeViper! :smiley: (Haha. Itā€™s still morning here. ) Iā€™ll try to be! Thank you for the reminder. :blush: You too! Take care! :slight_smile:

Hey guys. :smiley: How are you all doing?

Iā€™ve been very busy these past few days so Iā€™m sorry for not being able to update you guys daily. :frowning: I missed you guys! Huhu. Anyway, I went short on EURUSD @ 1.17805. Looking good so far with 30+ pips. :slight_smile: Iā€™ll monitor this one. :smiley: Hopefully I get another winning trade before the month ends.

Letā€™s all have a great week! :blush:

I missed a good entry for GBPUSD. :frowning: So, I think itā€™s better if I sit on my hands for now.

Were you guys able to open a position for this? :smiley: .

Oh no. :open_mouth: Looks like itā€™s moving to the other direction. I might close my position once it gets to 20 pips. :frowning:

UPDATE: Okay! My TS got me out @ 1.17567 with 24 pips. :slight_smile: Looking at my charts right now and Iā€™d probably wait before I open another position. :open_mouth:

Hmm. For now, Iā€™ll read more about the EUR on Manxxā€™s thread. :slight_smile: Iā€™ve missed it for a week, I think? :frowning:
Take care guys! :smiley: Like what TradeViper said, be very cautious out there!

Hey Ria, donā€™t follow this trade but we are long eur/usd very light size 1783 9:28:07, just see what happens.

Added 10am, stop at 13min 1770 violation

Moved stop to BE+2 10:24 am

Out +2 NoMo

The Ever Cautious VIPER

1 Like

How do you add your positions to tradingview ?? @ria_rose I havenā€™t figured that out yet

Unless I am mistaken, tommorrow in the US we have the Fed FOMC, Chairman Jerome Powellā€™s speech and Fed interest rate decision?

I would be cautious about any new USD positions ahead of that unless one is actually news trading?

1 Like