I'm trying out the HLHB system!

No problem! :blush: Haha. I thought it was a very cute question! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been demo this system for couple of months and I have a question: My understanding of the closing of an open position is when a new signal occurs you close the trade. My question is: Do you open a new position at he time you closed the other position. ie if you had a long position do you close that position and go short on the new signal.

Hey Ria, can you discern the chop?

The Ever Discerning VIPER

Hello @newengland! :smiley: Woooow. :slight_smile: Another system-mate. :slight_smile: Haha. It would be interesting to see your trades here too! Maybe we could share trading ideas with each other. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, for me, I don’t open positions right away. Some do. But I like to take breaks after my trades. Haha. :slight_smile: How about you? Do you open new positions right away? How is it so far? :blush:

Hello Vipeeer! :blush: Unfortunately, I don’t think I was able to catch that. :frowning:

Just an update on this guys! :smiley: I got stopped out with 18 pips. :slight_smile: Still pretty good. I’m just watching my charts for now. :smiley:

Happy Friday guys! :smiley: How’s everyone doing? :blush:

I don’t really trade on Fridays and the weekends but I’m just currently watching my charts and waiting for potential good entries. :slight_smile:

The indicators for my EURUSD looks promising. :smiley: I’m gonna have to wait and see how it goes.

Happy trading everyone! :smiley:

Okay. So we’re now above 50 RSI so I’m gonna put in a long position for EURUSD. :slight_smile: I’ll update you guys about how this trade goes guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember that it is the US NFP release later today…

Oh. :open_mouth: Okay. Sorry, I didn’t know about it. :sweat: I think it’s best for me to close my position and watch the moves for now. Thanks for telling me! :blush:

I wasn’t suggesting that you close it. Only that you would be aware that it is a potentially volatile release today and that you would take that into account in your decision whether to have an open USD-based position into the release or not…

Depends on whether one is actually looking for a news- type trade and/or whether one is sticking with a particular technical set up/strategy regardless of any releases, or not! :smiley:

1 Like

Dont you also use the ADX > 25 condition as well or is it only RSI you are using, with the crossover?

1 Like

I got stopped out of the trade before I even got the chance to close it. :sweat_smile: Good thing I put in a relatively tight stop loss so I didn’t lose that much when the market moved the other way. :sweat_smile: But thank you for reminding me, Manxx! :smiley: I’ll try to take note of the NFP dates in the future. :smiley:

I have that on my charts too! :smiley: I use it to confirm any trends. :slight_smile: But, usually, when my crossover signals and RSI indicators match, I just go ahead and open a position. :slight_smile:

How about you? :slight_smile: How are you doing so far with this system? :smiley:

Hi guuuuys! :smiley:

I don’t have any open trades today, but I just wanna wish you all a happy and pip-full weekend! :blush: Talk to you guys again here tomorrow! :blush:

Wow. :smiley: I just decided to check on my charts and it looks like GBPUSD’s been going up! :smiley: Anybody in on this trade? :smiley: Haha.

Good afternoon guys! :blush: How are yall doing?

It’s pretty hot over here (as per usual) but I’m looking forward to colder days since December’s approaching. :smiley: Anyway, I’m looking at my charts now and I might open a short position for GBPUSD.

I just need it to go below the 50 RSI. The ADX is already above 20 anyway and there’s already a crossover for my moving averages. :smiley:

Oooh. Super close. Haha. :smiley: I’ll let you know how this trade goes!

Well, I’ll probably do a lot of waiting today cause I might also open a long position for this once it goes above the 50 RSI. :slight_smile: Haha. Patience really is a virtue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay! :smiley: I went short @ 1.30825. Good luck with your trades guys! :slight_smile:

Good eveniiing! :blush:

Just an update on my GBPUSD position, I’m currently at 41 pips! :smiley: Exciting. I’ll be watching this trade closely. If the market starts to move the other direction, I’m gonna close my position once it just gets to 25 pips. :slight_smile:

1 Like