Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

When you say buy pattern, you mean MMP Buy model.? How would that have looked like today ? I am watching price today as mentioned no trades, just sit on my hands. I can see why price shot to down side now and reason for that is retest of that usdx 80.20 level. I guess i am trying to understand the premise behind people taking trades, but not at predetermined S/R levels…

Gee man sorry to hear that. One the other hand -10 pips is very healthy S/L! was that your S/L when you entered? or did you manually exit after seeing price moving against you>?

Ps i am with you on the entry at 1.2720 not trading just in agreement is what i mean :smiley:

Moved the stop 5 pips under the penetration wick. Would have moved stop tp BE later, took a 10pip shower instead. Half expecting it would go lower, hence planned for second entry. Close, although still not hit

EDIT: initial stop was 30 pips

Nice one! Had the same idea this morning, short @ 1.5886:

Wouldn’t it be smarter to at least wait for 1.2700?
The confluence is this entry is at the sweet spot, and the number matches with the ADR

Just for info.

Edit 1 - re intramarket analysis been watching the Dow all week and its bounced off the 12500 level 3 times in past 2 days - might indicate a bit of a rally in equities which could help currencies move up as we move into NY open. So with USDx at monthly highs and Dow at a major level we have some important levels converging.

Edit 2 - on the other hand… if the Dow breaks 12500 …?? - I’ll keep quiet a while now - phew never been so talkative on the forum!

Possibly, but the reason i was in agreement is purely due to usdx retesting that 81.20 level and i expected no follow trough , just yet, its proven to be very important Resistance and we have been ranging this week from 80.90 to 81.20. If price closes with the next 15 min where its now we will get very nice hummer wick which was unable to close above 81.20. So that my reasoning behind going higher.

Looks like classic sell program on GU this am
dip below asia consol to pick up shorts
price pushes up to week range ote at 1.5889, also taking stops above yesterday hi
15 min showed the reverse
was hoping to get in the ote on the retrace at 1.5885 - price lining up with left hand pivot, but price never got up there
Price now spiked below Asia lo
Price hovering below 1.5950 - wonder if it will go to take out yesterday lo as well
Back to see GU bounced off the OTE at 1.5848 - thurs lo to fri hi
and has now stopped at the OTE of the move down - tho broken thru now
Always wondered why GU does what it does - now I understand!
Classic stop runs in both directions - if an OTE lines up with a stop run, looks like a good entry
Not sure what it is going to do now
If it follows previous Fridays, likely to run down after clearing the stops from this am

London looks like it intends to push the Fiber down too. As I understand it, a stop run is generally short, tries to break a H/L. What we see now on the Fiber, to me, is no stop run. Market has shown intention. Remember, the banks will have to unwind their longs and form the other wick of the weekly candle. Don’t get sloppy, guys. I would love to see everyone bragging about how they showed discipline even on Friday. I’m out today. I got in another small short in OTE range of the little high formed on Friday last week 1.2855, and have a pending at 1.2810 - the OTE of the next swing high on the 1H.

If the weekly candle becomes a doji, it would keep in line with weekly candle PA as we haven’t hit a big enough target to really turn around yet on the weekly chart, but it would have been nice to see us hit the bottom of the last consolidation zone at 1.2810-20 area, before continuing down. When I do my analysis Sunday, I’ll probably call for a rally monday and drop next week.

Last year, this same week was a pinbar bouncing off a S, allowing the banks to accumulate more shorts. The next week was a 600+ pip drop.

Can anyone access the livestream? The page never loads for me

Can someone please explain how you find ICT on livestream
thanks
Just seen fiber retrace to OTE of recent down move

I just typed in fx trader for the search and found him

thanks jpblack

Yep, its working here, make sure you dont have any adblockers blocking some of the content (or tell the adblocker to allow the appropriate sections of the page) otherwise it wont display correctly.

works here, with delayed start from loading advertising

Your probably right about that. In the next release I will put it were it should be.
What about the new project I’m working on: The ICT style Trade control EA for mt 4. I know I have a desperate need for this But maybe some else has a need to and is more experienced in mql. We could make it a open source like project.

any got in like me? :smiley:

The indicator was the first attempt using mql4, so I’m definitely not an expert.
I know ppfx have some indicators, maybe he can help.
But if I’m correct, you’re trying to build something to automate trading? Based on the ICT principles that is?

I did… It was a nice entry… I have one question… I drew the start of my fib at the fractal just right of yours… Did I draw it in the wrong place?