Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Sorry forgot the pic

Just took some off at the 100% reā€¦ Nice tradeā€¦

did I miss something? what caused this sudden move?

1.27 fiber and usdx 81.50ā€¦ this is very temptingā€¦ if it wasnt already weekend for meā€¦ gotta have priorities right? hahaha
hope it wont do all the moves I expected to happen next week already today in this late hourā€¦

have a good weekend yā€™all!

(still dont know what caused this sudden move? Hamas or what?)

Iā€™m not sure what caused the dropā€¦ but it looks like the EU 4hr is at OTE for a counterā€¦ Let me know if Iā€™m not reading this rightā€¦ Thanks in advance

I suspect Fred that the reports of a rocket landing in Jerusalem coinciding with an already nervous market at critical levels (Dow 12500, Dax 7000, SPX 1342 USDx etcā€¦) caused the. Like you Iā€™m tempted also but breaks rules and you know what happens when you break your rules!!

sorry people of the world! can somebody point me to the ICT channel? ive logged in Livestream and i cant find it, when i search fx trader i get irrelevant results!!!

btw that sudden drop killed meā€¦ i was longā€¦ :frowning:

Israeli/Gaza attacks arent doing much for ā€œriskā€ Iā€™m sureā€¦

Took a scalp, short @ 1.5875 just before the move (62% retracement), that was a nice way to end Fridays session :slight_smile:

I figured some profit taking would be occuring, but not to that sort of levelā€¦

same here although i was a BE
Babypips.com Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

No not that. Its much simpler.
You know when you trade like ICT you would have a first take profit at 20-30pips and SL to BE, a second profit taking and maybe a third portion for letting the trade ride.
I want to automate this so I can leave the charts alone. For now, I missed out many opportunities for profit taking because I was not at my computer to control the trade. With many trades I made, If I had controlled them well, they would have been profitable. Now, many times not or even worse a loss, altought the trade reached at least the firt profit taking level. So I have need to control the trade automatically. Has anyone a need for this to?

Imagine this:
You drop the EA on a chart. It draws 5 lines for you. Lines are called: SL, Limit, Target1, Target2, Target3.
Then Move Limit to the level were your limit order should be triggerd.
Then move your SL line to the SL level you desire (30pips).
Move Target1 to 20-30 pips away from Limit, Move Target2 to your pre determent second target and optional move your Target3
Then activate.
A limit order is placed. After the limit order is triggered the EA takes care of partial profit taking and moving SL to break-even.

is it just me or does it seem that more and more in here, people are leaving the One Shot One Kill principle behind?

Obviously everybody is supposed to find their own system and style. PLUS considering the previous weeks werenā€™t that great for me, trading wise - I would have been happy to at least get some decent scalpsā€¦

but still I believe it should be remembered that Michael was stressing for such a long time now, how important it is NOT to overtrade and to try and catch a nice one shot one kill insteadā€¦

take this as a reminder to MYSELF as I dont have anyone elseā€™s trading in mind;)

cheers and have a great weekend yā€™all

Iā€™ve previously collected a set of indicators that may accomplish what you require.

Trail STop EA partial profit.zip (1.61 MB)

22 of those pips today were mine!! :17:

I try to go for this style of trading too, but I also have to build confidence in using all of ICTs methods and where and when best to use them. I made about 5 trades this week. All of which came into profit, bagged about 100 pips in total, BUT, I had to time my entries and not rush the trades.

This has been a difficult trading week for me because I missed that big initial move on the Tuesday, so it was critical that I took the time to understand where price was likely to go next and how best to profit from that. Michaels tools equip us to make informed decisions at key S&R levels, market maker profiles (still learning this conept and this week has been good practice for it), and OTE levels from various key highs/lows that form during the week.

Its a good learning experience if nothing else. Which is why those 100 pips or so mounted to around 5% of the account. Limit risk exposure (I was using quite a tight SL this week, 15/20 pips - I ususally go for 20/30 and TP @ around 15/20 pips, 50% normally.), practice using the tools and hopefully come out on top!

I also hate counter trend trading :smiley:

Definitely wasnt as relaxed this week when tradingā€¦

I agree I have tried to stress this for a while now. I have not traded or even looked at my charts this week so I missed my shot. Just got to much going on in my personal life to even consider trading right now. I will be back soon posting my one shot one kill

Iā€™m currently going through the lessonsā€¦ Do you know which one he talks about OSOK?

Took a long EUR/USD @ 1.2697 - still in with stop to B/E :smiley:

For all of us learning stochastic divergence, see the cable today on 15min, stoch at 10,3,3

The first 2 highs, one at at 7.30am gmt, next at 8.45, this high is slightly higher, corresponding stoch didā€™nt make it - bearish type 1 (this one missable -very close, the next are more visible)

Next major high at 13,30 NY open, this high not as high as London open - but the stoch WAS higher - bearish type 2 - this one easier to spot.
( I learned this one by being aware that the stoch becomes over sold but price doesā€™nt have the legs, reluctant to follow so continue with the trend down.)

The next low at London close the opposite is the case - price has the legs, stoch hasā€™nt - a reversal - this case type 1 bullish.
( I learned this one by recognizing that price is making a grab for stops - so fast that stochs cannot keep up, like a child grabbing sweets, the hand is out and back in before the parent can react :))

As ICT says - means nothing on their own - but coupled with time of day, ADR levels, GMT Pivots R1 and S1 & only selling above central pp or buying below central pp in a ranging market - a different ball game.

Just my take on it - now off to dinner.

Iā€™ve been only learning Forex trading for two weeks now and it has been a massive effort to keep myself from jumping in a wasting time on junk trades. Frustrating but certainly understandable that putting in effort to learn something new and wanting to apply it and see if it really is worth the effort compared to just going with the easy way of leaching off free signals.

Studying ICTā€™s videos and doing the research and learning to put myself where I want to be feels like ā€˜Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetimeā€™ and people are handing out free fish in other threads.

If there was a way to tell Metatrader to go back to a certain historical date and demo trade live on that date with the ability to speed up or pause time would take away almost all of the temptation to overtrade. Trading in a demo account is certainly a huge help over risking a live account and real money. But I find myself too tempted to want to trade down in the smaller time frames where there is so much noise because I want my learning trades to be over quickly so I can see results.