Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

how did you know it was gonna drop? I think ICT said it’s more likely to pop up? Just playing the bad news out of greece?

For what its worth here’s what Im looking for today. Due to the Greek failure to agree and having now to await another talkathon on Monday, together with the US holiday and ICT comments that Holiday weeks are less ‘good’ in terms of following trade rules etc., I think the H1 short ote at 1.2820 will contain any move higher (probably wont get up there anyway) and we could see a move down to the H1 support at 12689 and maybe 12660. So I think PPF’s 20/50/80/00 strat is the one for today.

Ok - lets see what happens.

Have a good one

I had a buy limit waiting at 1.2720, so unless there is another small leg down, I’ll be done for the week as my analysis will have been wrong. But, still 7% up again yesterday so not all bad news which is why I’m glad I take the initial profits as we have been advised.

Here’s my take, quite like jonnycab’s post yesterday, this second leg down was illustrated on ICT’s livestream on Monday, and many times before when you think about it, SM making profits before on it’s day off tomorrow?

Well I’m long at 48.

Michael,

This is a quote of your Overcoming emotion article …

‘‘Many times the Trade I stressed over was entered too early and my stop would be taken or even worse… as a result of me not allowing myself to wait… I had to move my stop away from my entry point. This exposed me to a larger risk than initially assumed. Does this sound like logic that equates to long term survival?’’

My one of your favorite quote is, ‘… it boggles the mind, the opportunities that this market presents the Trader with patience & understanding’ and I think this is the core concept of Forex, yes I repeat core concept, at least for me.

It seems me the truth of success in trading lies in the first quote. I am struggling for last 3 months with this emotion, question is how long (days) it took you to overcome that obstacle? So far have read the Overcoming Emotions article not less then 15 times and it’s too hard to break but I’m determined to overcome. How fellow traders are doing, how you are overcoming? Please share!

I know, Michael you are to busy all the time, please drop a few lines about your experience.

Regards.

OK, I just realised I was actually at 5% risk for this 7% gain, so although lucky, I clearly need to work on MM also as 5% is too high!

I’m off to work just now but I’ll give you my input when I get home later as I had a disaster in demo with the same issues. In short I learnt to (or am still learning to should I say) to wait for your intended price level even if it means missing the move, there will be others. Always use a stop and never move it.

I also do my main anaysis on the daily chart and higher and move down for entries only.

Any joy, not really as I’m only trading live since September and my levels have only been hit once for a 2% gain I waited two weeks for!! I’ve had some decent scalps lately (+14%) while I am waiting for a deeper retracement to get short on the EUR daily chart which may be completely wrong but this means I don’t need to be at the charts everyday as work is really not allowing this at the moment.

Good Luck!

wow, stop raid on monday’s low.

Be really interesting to see if what you say pans out.

i have a similar view. however, i’m waiting for a break of the asian range low on fiber to see the 20~30 level before i will enter. also cable is looking stronger atm, thus my view for today is that fiber will make the daily low around 20~30 level, cable won’t make another low and will present a nice ote long opportunity around 1.5890. also looking like a buy program on cable, with the low already established. pullback to the 90 level before it will break recent highs and run to ~1.5950. that’s my view.

The hourly bars are a bit ‘pinny’ (for want of a term) for more down, and I think you need to be aggressive on this move, and the Asian range wasn’t so much of a range as a move.

Time will tell though, not me :frowning: .

You’re becoming a master bro :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve been not much of an aggressive trader lately (not anymore). this is part of what seems to let me be profitable. i want deep entries for longs so i can set a tight stop loss and get a RR of almost 3 on average. but hey, if it won’t break, no sweat. good for you, good for me because i sticked to my rules. but looking at the charts right now i think i might enter long on fiber at 1.2750 if it comes back. if not, this move is going without me

edit: btw it’s really ridicoulus this week. getting not filled or stopped out by less than a pip several times. had one micro position long on fiber at 1.27522 earlier this morning, got stopped out at 1.27410 (low at 1.27406… ) i’m not mad, because i seem to know the important levels and i still got +2% this week but hey, not kidding, could have been around 8% already.

If you look at Monday’s livestream at 18:51, you’ll see a very similar pattern to the one that’s hopefully unfolding now.

Same Sh!t different day

Live Show [Procaster] Mon Nov 19 2012 08:08:13 AMon Babypips.com Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Hi Folks,

Not sure if I am qualified to give my opinions on the markets yet but would be interested to hear views on this fiber analysis
This is a daily chart and I see a bear flag as marked out. Projecting the fall would put price into OTE in the weekly range as shown, seasonal tendency seems to push up through December (see Saisonalit�t :: SeasonalCharts.de) so this weekly OTE ties in nicely.

Web site should read seasonalcharts.com. Don’t know what happened there.

Reaction off of key resistance with multiple confluence, took out 4H higher low, retraced back to 62 level for retest providing the set up.
Limit filled at 1.2791 - 2% risk
Going for Monthly Trinity extensions into next week, if they play out, 127 has already been breached, so 1.618 next target.

The isolated candles are M W D

Like ICT’s says, TP 30 PIPS, I’m paid, I don’t care what happens now, may get a bonus may not.

Would it be possible you could post bigger charts. Try jing its awesome and easy to use.
Ps not uqiet sure if you short of 1.2791 or went long. Also What was your profit target>?

Thank you

On the live acct. I scaled in as it moved up and have taken 70% off already, hoping to keep the last 30% for the week’s range. I had a pending at 1.2790 which has been triggered. If we take out 1.2820, it was a stop run. If we don’t, the t-rex has jumped into the pool. This AM does look like we’re heading up but we’ll have to see. I’m still bearish as long as asia high holds.

Ok, I do care, watch that baby go!

Now the point I want to make here, is that is a trade that I wouldn’t even have considered before getting into ICT’s stuff, but I stalked the levels, I had my plan, and executed it.

Brilliant stuff ICT.