Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Shaer,

I’d recommend getting the book “Trading in the Zone” by Mark Douglas (I’m in no way affiliated with the author). I wanted to address overcoming emotions as well and stumbled across this book. You often hear traders talk about “knowing yourself”, this book helped me with that.

The author describes how to eliminate emotional risk by neutralizing your expectations of the market and adopting a probabilistic mindset. He lists five fundamental truths to trading which, in my opinion, all traders should remind themselves regularly.

I’ve had some success trading options and am broadening my horizons with Forex. In my experience there is no way to overcome emotional trading once and for all. A daily reminder is needed, after all we are human, right?

Check out the book and post the five fundamental truths on your monitor. Good luck!

SNAP! :slight_smile:

Good trading today guys! Its nice to see everyone trading in sync using ICTs concepts! That says a lot!

Those MMP concepts were illustrated so nicely today! My black arrow wasnt too far off either! (see old post :))

… but it is developing you ever the more. Submit to it. :57:

Revelation is being experienced after the time neccesary. Good perspective and analogy. It’s not going to come to everyone on the same timeline. Submit to the process and it will happen. It can’t be forced… but you will know it when it happens… Enlightenment.

:57:

I’ve been trading full time for years, but this is on a different level.

All,

Has anyone could download the most recent livestream presentation by Michael on Mon Nov 19 2012?
Thank you.

Csk.

Hi cskrishna,

I ve not downloaded it but in case you are also searching for the link
Live Show [Procaster] Mon Nov 19 2012 08:08:13 AMon Babypips.com Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

555shoe,

I saw this video and it’s amazing. I am just wondering if there is a way I can download it.

Thank you.

Csk.

Another nice surprise this morning.

During the move up yesterday I was planning to take full profits at the 1.2830 level. Before that happened I thought I would open another small position to see if we would make it up to that 1.2860 level.

Woke up and the order was closed :). Before I went to bed, the trade was about 5 pips in profit, so I didnt take any initial profit. I thought the trade had been stopped out.

Yet another example of patience and waiting for the price to get to it next level of consolidation!

This MMP concept has fully blown my mind!

Michael

On your latest Livestream five minute doodle you demonstrated an OTE Long entry using a 70.5 Fib from the 00 to the high.

I missed that Long entry by a few pips due to pulling the Fib from the swing low, which was slightly below the 00, by a few pips (funny about that!).

Question. What made you pick the 00? Was it merely a matter of more confluences (which there were, eg previous day’s low) at that level.

EDIT: PS would you have pulled from the 00 if the low had been above 12700?

Any one on short fibre? I’m on short at 1.2840

5 key indicators the Australian dollar will depreciate | Resources - Business Spectator

Careful, we havent taken out the old highs yet on the left (around the 1.2870/80 level).

As ICT says, if they’re coming back for the stops, they’re going to make it worth your while. Providing we are reversing and going back down again. So a turtle soup style entry might work. However, I think we may see a bit more upside in general before we start moving lower again.

I probably wont be looking for long term shorts until the 1.2930 level (OTE area of the current range on the 4H - 31st Oct. - 13th Nov.).

I guess we will probably consolidate for the next few days until Monday, as the US will be off until then. Holiday markets arent as predicable.

We’re always getting questions about Livestream video, thought this might help - Livestream Videos

True, Micheal is not trading during the holidays he advised us not to do so either.

Cheers.

Very kind of you PPFX!

I’m watching the 61.8% (1.2880-90) retracement for an initial bounce down but as you say there are more interesting stops above between 1.2940 - 1.2990 which I’m more interested in.

Again I am looking to next week for the full retracement.

Hey I was eyeing the aus/usd today and on 4 hour time frame the pair has broken MK STR to the downside. I think all this rallies up are just deep retracements to go lower and also it seem’s like price is winding down to in a coil for a big move. But i could be talking a lot of mumbo jumbo… :smiley:

After a wrong Short on Tuesday, I entered yesterday Long at 1.2750.

Took 50% off at 1.2780 and let the remaining run. Was initially targetting 1.2880 because it’s the next resistance level on HTF, but price is stalling today, so I choose to close it at Market instead. Just exited at 1.2763 with 112 pips to cover my previous string of 5 losses.

There is something I want to mention. After many months of trading ICT material, I keep hearing him talk about “Look at where price had traded from”, but I don’t get the point and can’t seem to understand the significance though it may look very simple to a lot of you.

Now, I seem to get a light bulb this week on what that means. :slight_smile:

So this is what’s supposed to happen now? Right? That 1.28070 resistance can’t be that solid no?

I won’t be trading, I just want to watch what unfolds, get my Market Profile skills honed.