Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

so quiet today. in here and also the markets. although i have to say that i expected it to be like this at least until after the finance ministers meeting on greece today. nevertheless, already took some porfits from eur short at 1.2980 and eur long afterwards and still a little position open from 1.2952.

Oh cool, I was thinking about posting about it bouncing off from the ‘levels’ in a market like this, but I was wondering if anyone would take the initiative, I scalped from 50 to 80, nice little scalp to start the week off :slight_smile:

To get short @ 1.2980 did you pull a fib from swing hi1.2990 to swing lo 1.2940? If so what else was your entry reason? i take it you took profit and then pulled a fib from that swing that you entered to get long? was there anything else that influenced your decision.

Dude this is damaging for me, i mean i watched the market today and it mostly made no sense for me at all. Just ranging up down, i guess you seeing what i am not./ May i ask what was your reason for entering?

Been quite busy all morning, havent really got near the forums, but I did have the same idea :slight_smile:

Manually closed at the 80 level.

So we have all been acting quiet as one Sniper would :33:

the short reason were (if i can remeber them all): 79% level, 80 insitutional level, smt divergence, my expectation of a somewhat calm and sideway market to start the week, and also the 1.2978 looked “too clean”, so i thought that would be nice to be taken out and then expected a retracement there from 1.2980 to 1.2950 (gotta love these institutional levels).

the long was also from 1.2950 institutional level, ~79% retracement, asian range low, (sideways market still), smt divergence. also the mentioned level of interest 1.2978 was previously broken to the upside by a couple of pips. thus a “little” break in market structure to the upside (but not “real” upside, as we are in a sideways market imo), but at least back to the 80 level was expected.

ah yeah, and both, 1.2950 and 1.2980 are some historical support/resistance levels that i have marked on my charts.

Just a slow market, like you say ranging up and down, if the market ain’t moving, the levels really come into play, it will find it difficult to find any momentum to break through, I do expect it to break Friday’s high to 3020 though at some point.

NICE that makes a lot of sense now, but something i did not really consider at all. When you say smt was it USDX smt or eur smt?

the smt divergence was with the cable, which made a lower low, while fiber was forming a higher low

hi would u miond telling me where can i find these yiels charts

sorry would any body tell me where i can find yields charts like that

If you wouldn’t mind what time frame did you see the divergence i.e 15 min 1hr ect?, I am looking at the overlay of cable, fibre and for the life of me can not see divergences? I found the overlay chart @dailyfx, but on a line chart i can’t see it? what am i doing wrong?

I think you want the bond yeald charts
if so here is the link
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/perf.html?$UST5Y,$UST10Y,$UST30Y,$UST2Y

hth

i’m not looking at any overlay or indicator or something. you can see it by just looking at the 15m fibre and the 15m cable chart

2 things come to mind when looking for divergence and might be your issue

1. spreads and different price feeds can cause a difference in spotting divergence (unlikely but can happen)

2. When looking at a line chart you must keep in mind it shows the close (unless you chose differently) so when topfroxx sees divergence he might be looking at candles where divergence forms on the wicks of the candle. This you will not see on a line chart. I personally use line charts for spotting divergence but keep in mind candles and say something different from time to time. (not sure this is your problem here but would be the most likely cause)

Now the mystery is, which way will it break?

First of all though, it’s likely to pop the range on both sides.

thanks for helping me but i want those charts where we compare usd with euro and gbp yields

Sorry to cut across on this, but I see it so often, traders looking for the extra bit of information to clinch their strategy, I’ve done it myself so many times, although these can be useful, it is an absolute per-requisite that you are familiar with the longer timeframe charts and the Market Maker Profile before delving any further, if you are not 100% familiar with this, all the extras will be mostly useless to you.