Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Judas higher, then prices marked down rapidly locking the longs in bad positions tomorrow!!!

It’s interesting, there is a huge bull flag sitting there for all to see - yet why had the euro not the legs today to get any stops above the 3020 - (there could be your judas.)
Also interesting to note bonds posting another higher high today on top of same on friday - both instances usdx has refused to follow.
I think I’ll sit and learn.

I use volume in my analysis and considering as much volume has gone through today as it did Friday and we haven’t moved anywhere, Makes me think the smart money might be distributing here. Like you said, a huge bull flag is sitting for all to see, the street money will see this and will be licking their lips for higher prices. Smart money will mark prices up, get them in long, then bang the prices down to lock them in losing prices!

Now I’ve said that, watch it rally 200pips tomorrow lol

I think we have Market makers profile sell in GU + USDX stuck on OTE so for me ill be selling :stuck_out_tongue:

Todays fibre and cable consolidation was tight. I would not be surprised if the market started to run tonight into Asian sessions, than take out any longs or shorts.

Good luck fellow pippers.

I enjoy this; you are seeing as much activity today as friday, yet the range is small. Makes me laugh when people are complaining about the range and lack of volitility. There is positioning going on right now as price coils/wedges/compresses itself to explode. And as the long guessers place stops below the lows and short guessers place stop above the highs, the big money is gaining positions to fill against.

Do I know where it is going, of course not. Do I see how I possibly could get whipsawed out of a guess, absolutely. I like a bullish scenario more than a bearish one, coming off significant lows to break highs with a powerful move friday, and most definitely price flagging ontop of a bullish pole.

Maybe price makes a judas down for some stops and short fake, or simply there is enough stops above highs that have established as resistance which get blown thru and then retested ( I would like this). The thing I really dont like is where the usdx is sitting, does not make the read easy.

The key to this is just to wait, we need that 30 - 40 PIP swing for the market to show it’s hand, then we trade.

my guess is a judas breakout to 1.3020 for a nice short for about 100 pips. usdx is going to be at 80, htf ote, reflection, resistance level, 20 level, stoch divergence on the daily, MM sell model high on cable 1h (also fiber but not as clean looking)… will be looking for more clues tomorrow morning.

no matter what will happen, i’ll be looking to enter against the first breakout, so if it will breach the range to the top i’ll be looking for short to break at least the low of the range around 1.2950, if it breaks the low first i’ll be looking for a long which will break the high at around 1.2990. i prefer the first scenario though.

to take an even further look into the future i would say breakout to the top => 1.3020, retracement to at least 1.2950 or probably lower. after at some point in the next 2 weeks or so another big push higher above 1.3020 for the year end rally and fullfilling seasonal tendencies.

just thought i’d give you my view for what it’s worth. my view for the next 2 weeks is not static though. will adjust and maybe totally change it with new information coming in every day.

so long

Whichever way EUR/USD goes, it is going to happen soon:

Another couple of hours at most to reach the end of the pennant.

Take a look at these 2 charts, the second one is just a few minutes after the second, it should help you put this range into perspective.

Looks pretty S&D to me

s & d ? .

EDIT: Supply & Demand, must be getting tired, no, that’s not what I was getting at, I was illustrating the scale, but also it won’t necessarily ‘burst’ out of the range.

Order sat @ 1.3010 to sell

There she goes now :slight_smile:

Support become Resistance,the most powerful tool imho.

Jumped in with first order early:

£35 per point. Spread betting here so I can pick the pip amount

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ahh yes i can see the divergence now lol. Thanks

[video=youtube_share;jfZJ7yq1s-E]http://youtu.be/jfZJ7yq1s-E[/video]

The point is not that I bought the ideal low and sold the high… it is to illustrate how trading inside the daily range “limits” your potential. Thinking a bit larger in the range of Price… leads to higher profit potential and thus… easier to erase losing streaks with wins over a few trades.

Enjoy…

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Great video ICT. I have been watching everything I possibly can the past week and trying to get a grip on it all. I have the patience part down and do not over trade I am just working on finding how to enter into trades and retain a better grasp on market structure and market flow to get a possible hint of direction.

I was going to finally poke in and ask if I could watch a live trade anywhere to see what the thought process is of getting into a trade. This was exactly what I was looking for! Got anything else similar? Will be reviewing my notes every night and trading for a couple weeks and formulating questions for myself and then I will probably plow through the videos again, rinse and repeat!

P.S. I also liked the part about Oanda’s open positions and how you can utilize that to find possible stop city.

Awesome vid Michael, I/m still going through your Trading Development Plan series and haven’t ventured into current youtube vids yet (taking it one step at a time) but had some time to kill today so watched this one.

Great to see your perspective on yesterdays activity. I was looking at it live (demo trading daily S&R, as you have suggested prior for 4 weeks) and had no idea where it was going. Great to see you pull some pips out :slight_smile:

Keep up the fantastic work!
Matt