Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Fiber H1
worth watching, for practice, whether or not the above develops into a Stinger Short

Below is a chart explanation on the Stinger Short, from an old ICT video (my notes added)

Fiber H1 Stinger Short (demo) end LO KZ 13213 (mid Fib 79/70.5)

Hi ICTer’s

Mentioned below is the torrent link to all of ICT’s livestream vids that i could ferret out.
Right now there are only 16 recordings on ICT’s livestream channel. However i was able to download most before they were probably purged or deleted.

Apart from that it also contains the webinar “Higher timeframe analysis part 2”. It was there in Clarkfx’s torrent but audio/video were out of sync. This is the synced version. Special thanks to Javapro for providing the synced verison.

ICT LIVESTREAM

GLGT

Looks like price went up without needing to tag the support levels I indicated earlier.

The NY KillZone offered me an entry to get in line with the move.

Normally I would see this as SMT divergence to get short EUR/USD, but not under these circumstances, with my overall long EUR/USD viewpoint. I view this as EUR strength, quickly breaking through a daily resistance, then that resistance turning into support.

Edit: Hit SL.

Fiber H1 Stinger Short (demo) end LO KZ 13213
took my 30 demo pips for an early exit, it being Xmas.

add chart H1 Fiber Xmas end trading

EUR Strength

Now that I see the strength, let’s look for confluences in EUR/USD.

1.31800 support
OTE Entry Point
Last Friday’s Asian Low

I believe this to be a much stronger trade than my last one, where I was not patient enough to wait for confluences.

Long EUR/USD.

I use ETX Capital in UK - they have reasonable charts - although seem to have recently removed USDX so back to mt4 for that.
ICT uses barchart for his videos.

Closely watching your analysis …interesting and fingers crossed and see what happens next …being Xmas…

Don’t worry, it’s only Demo :slight_smile:

One year after I stumbled for the first time in ICT and in this great community: a big big thanks and especially a safe and merry Christmas everybody!!
:slight_smile:

Thanks peterma

Have a wonderful Christmas to all.

I look forward to what the new year will bring!
Your work to date has been truly insightful and greatly appreciated.

If you guys haven’t seen the Market Mapping video yet, please do so. I’ve seen it 5 times already and will watch it 5 more at least. It establishes how to establish a daily bias. We are nearing a seasonal change in direction but this time of year is pretty inconsistent. If you can get in at a predictable seasonal time, you can continue to buy or sell in that direction until the next seasonal change.

Check out the cable 1h at 1.63. Since that is a key resistance having been hit several times already it is logical that in an uncertain time of year the banks are afraid of each other and would be afraid of running past that line lest the other 14 market movers take their money. Market structure breaks first on the 15, then on the 1h, logically and several guys on the thread saw it and got short, even though we might have otherwise been expecting a NYO long.

Since we are in an uncertain time of year, it seems the banks are unwilling to break the sell 1h market structure other than maybe a stop run. This is why over the last week the NY open wouldn’t have worked. For NY to continue the up move would have meant breaking the 1h structure. Since Asia didn’t run the stops, it meant London had to in its morning session, then they could run the market down with NY to maintain market structure.

It follows that breaking market structure by a few pips is permissible to take out stops but really breaking it (by say 20 pips) means commitment by the banks to run opposite the trend to accumulate more positions in line with the trend. Since we really haven’t retraced far enough to be a legit retracement in this down thrust (at least the 382), there’s been little reason to think the banks will be running the market long until that target is reached.

In most weeks, expect counter trend 1h structure on Mondays and Tuesdays, then the weekly range move starts Tuesday or Wednesday in line with the overall seasonal trend. Or if Friday retraced enough to put PA in OTE on the hourly, expect Mon-Tuesday to move with market structure, and Wed-Friday to retrace and accumulate. This implies often waiting a couple days before getting in every week to see where we are. Expect this early week retracement to put price in a 4h (or just 1h) OTE. Larger retracements in the overall seasonal trend can be expected at key S/R lines and are often signaled by COT open interest change and bond yield divergence. Expect price on the higher TF to REALLY change direction at the next seasonal change time range.

You never know if you are going to be right but you trade the plan, don’t get surprised, and manage risk. And let the higher TF analysis give you a bias. Statistically speaking this will make for more winners than losers and grow the account. ICT risk management permits being wrong and still making some money. If you keep adding to your positions with the trend, you will find you have a few no risk positions that have long term institutional support that can accumulate pips until some confluence S/R, seasonal change, COT OI change, etc.

Get off the 5m chart and do the higher TF analysis.

It’s coming together. Hoping for a good new year of trading. Hope everyone enjoys this time with their families.

This sounds good to me. Maybe it makes for a stronger S/R at 1.3144-50. This is the 382 retr and the mid figure and the top formed at Oct 17. Since this is a real retracement of at least a few days, I think the market would need to pull back to at least the 382 of the last swing.

Will be looking for a break of 1h MS to the north at this point and get in at the OTE pullback for a long.

i am looking through the youtube videos that threadstarter have posted, he mentioned about bond yields on the first part of his video, can i know where can i find those charts?
dailyfx.com and pricecharts.com dont seem to have them…

U can find it on Bloomberg

Hi Vince, just wondering which are the other 14 market movers you mentioned in your post? Thanks

thanks! i found it!

I am trying to learn ITC’s way of trading and therefore I was wondering whether there are any successful traders using this method. Did anybody make any real money in 2012 using this trading method? Thank you!