Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Hi ICT and all,

Would appreciate some help.

I saw the divergence between Cable, Fiber and USDX, and entered a short at 6210. It got stopped out. What did I do wrong here?

Thanks
Palmy

Hi All ,

Like many was eyeing the OTE out of the asian range on GU. Suspected it as too obvious for the third day and didnt take it , but marked on for 1.6230 area based on 25 Sep high. 1.6230 also is a move towards re test of monthly trinity , move towards weekly fair value also coincides with a resistance area. Measured and taken at 1.6233.

AU very tempted , but seeing that the AUDindex is the most strong today decided not to short at 1.0425 area.

There has been much divergence on EU and GU both today and yesterday. I suspect this is end of month squaring up / re positioning by the big brothers so that they can start afresh on Monday. I did play the divergence between GU and EU yesterday during the pre NY open ( long GU ) but had to suffer through a drawdown before is finally made it in the green. Needless to say that when it happened again today , i didnt do anything .

regards to all. Thanks ICT.

Cable Long Review 092712on Babypips.com Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream ICTā€™s Livestream Latest

cant believe this . I took the short. Used the fibs to get a TP of 1.6060. And when i see after a bit the price is backā€¦right to the pip 1.6230 !!!.. Did I miss something here ?

guys ?.. ICT ?

Nope I too took that OTE despite looking at the higher time frame OTE earlier on.

Got stopped out at 30 pips but got back in when I reverted back to my original entry I was looking at @ 6230.

Still 0.5% down for the day and I will wait for next week now probably before trading again.

Its just one of them losses that sometimes happen, Iā€™m not overly worrying about it (for now) but Iā€™m definitely sticking to my original 1hr trading plan.

GLGT

Sell half at 30 PIPS ?

This is how I read it this morning, I wouldnā€™t go short at 1.6200 because itā€™s not OTE, then youā€™ve got the red circles, so wait until it follows something closer to the blue line path.

I didnā€™t trade it, I was on the EURO.

Just gonna requote myself, howā€™d you do jonnycab?

Tansen - my thoughts nearly exactly, the GBP will be bearish for a while.

Not bad, entered this morning at 1.62, OTE short, risky Iā€™ll admit (considering I had the higher time frame limit order placed at the same time - broke my rules too and went down to the 15M to see what was happening :27:), but as said, 80% off at 20pips, took the rest at 30pips (just below the asian range low) as it seemed to be struggling, then it reversed.

The higher time frame OTE short limit order @ 1.6230 placed last night after yesterdays low. Triggered and took off 80% again at 1.6180 (TP1) this time. Stopped out on the rest. I was panicing a bit with this one, it seemed to gather steam and then started running back up! (another reason I took of most of the profit at 1.6180)

I took the majority of the trade off on both cases as Im not 100% convinced weā€™re going to continuously slide lower, the Cable has bad habit of ranging/consolidating for weeks on end :33:

It looks like its trying to retrace back to the 1.6260 level for another OTE to get short (from the 1.6310 high -> yesterdays low). Quite possible for it to take out any stops around that 1.6270 level before it heads back down againā€¦

GBP/USD chart:

As you can see, no evidence for getting short at 1.62, it could have ended badly, lesson learned!

Bouncing off the pre-marked levels nicely, will still be looking for shorts next week, still bearish for nowā€¦

Think that USDX rejection at the resistance, and OTE for short could suggest us bullishness for fiber and cable (in addition, there is a bullish divergence on brent and wtc). Also US data doesnt look good, on the other hand euro not better, especially in Athens and Madrid. Concentrate on observing yields and other things for clues. We shall see.

Yeah I kept oversleeping the LO kz lol

Luckily this happened outside and seemed to have happened in the LC area which was weird
Anyways caught a long at 1.2850 I didnt realize what had happened i just had an inkling to check price

If I hadnt been so bearish, I might of had the guts to make the long from 1.6150. I marked that up last sunday night when I was doing my analysis. On the 1H or 4H, there was a nice swing low point (13th Sept, 17:00 or so - retest of the 1.6080). From there up to the high at 1.6310, the OTE was hit and lo and behold, it bounced off it and rallied back up :slight_smile:

EDIT: Link to updated levels, posted a few days ago: 301 Moved Permanently

Gained and lost today. So kind of no loss no profit day for me.
Though i feel that i have a good method taught by ICT and all the toolā€™s. I donā€™t have a clue why iā€™m losing on silly tradeā€™s. Itā€™s not that i havenā€™t practised or such but every time i lose, iā€™m not only losing money but also my confidence. Couldnā€™t get out of this. At the end of the day i beat up myself for losing.
Sometimeā€™s i feel that i should give up or should follow some signal serviceā€™s. Damnā€¦!!

If youā€™re winning and taking profit, then entering in again, try to stop doing that.

Take the profit and sit on your hands until the next day :slight_smile:

This helps you to focus on making that ā€œone shot one killā€ ICT style trade. It also reduces the amount of trades you make. Therefore limiting the amount of potential losing tradesā€¦

Controlling yourself is definitely one of the biggest challenges! Keep at it!

Just watched the ICT vid on livestream on the Cable.
On his feed his r2 pivots are at .6245 mine are at .6192. I have my pivots set on daily.

Ict Is your pivots a weekly setup. Thank You

I use oanda and it looked like my numbers where pretty different from his too. I think itā€™s because his feed is Gmt and mine is ny. That seemed to align it a bit better but still off. Shouldnā€™t matter to much long as the swings are the same.

Just looked at your chart, are you guyā€™s or girls trading the SPOT currencyā€™s , or the futures currencyā€™s?

Thanks

not sure about this but my limit order for short GBP was hit @ 1.62400
The reason why i chose 1.62400 and not 1.62350 is because i was hoping prices traded up to fridays high of 1.26420 -ish.

1. OTE + Pivot R2 + TT mid point area
  2. Type 2 Stoch Div
  3. USD traded into support + OTE
  4. Insti level 1.6240
  5. Bearish market structure.

Forgot to cancel my limit order and as a result have an entry outside a killzone. Not sure how this will go thoughā€¦

GLGT :slight_smile: !

I think its a daily pivot setup. My R2 comes in at 1.6245 as well.