Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Could anyone tell me the KillZone timings ? I saw the Clint’s post but i get confused when i look at the clock of forex4noobs cause it show’s NY opens at 6:30 pm. Whereas NYO Killzone timing is 5:30pm to 7:30pm
My country time is GMT+5:30

Long entry hit at 13047

OTE, Reflection, dS1

NY does open at 6:30PM based on your timezone. The Killzone is correct - 5:30pm to 7:30pm (you lucky bugger!)

some info for all who might be long fiber now (like rod, also myself): there are some bigger option expiries nearby at 1.3050. probably new york cut, but not 100% sure. new york cut is in 2 1/2 hours from now. don’t get scared out of that trade if it does not move much in your favor for the next 2 1/2 hours. the move might just start then (could also see a move to the downside then). just be aware of that option expiry and maybe a lack of movement

just for the sake of completeness: also expiries at 1.3070 and 1.31 and 1.30.

the problem of the narrow Asian range.
There is one, if range is narrow initial price action in LO can be ambiguous at best. Today, the 8gmt bar could have been the low of the day or session, and the 9gmt bar could have been the high of the day. It could be said 8gmt didn’t take the low of Asia while 9gmt took the high of Asia therefore a stop run, but that’s like splitting hairs in many. At this point will yesterday’s low hold resistance or give in?

actually i don’t know what ICT says to this. to my knowledge he has never talked about it so i would love to hear his opinion. probably he thinks it is of no use, but i want to know the reason. so sorry, this topic does not really belong into this thread as it has nothing to do with ICT’s teachings.

if there are bigger options expiring at 10 am NY time, that means that there are interest groups like big banks that would like to see these strike prices (1.3050 for example in this case) to either hold, or not to hold, or just to touch that level (for barrier options) or not letting the price touch that level at all. im no expert and the topic is also quite big. you can just google option expiries in forex or something like that. but all in all it just means that expiring nearby options are of interest for intraday price action, because the big players (that can move the price) want to see a level break or want to protect it (depending on their position in the option).

I can help you.

The forex trading session in [B]New York opens at 6:30pm, your time,[/B] as you stated above.

The New York Open Kill Zone begins one hour prior to the New York open, and ends one hour after the New York open.

So, [B]the New York Open Kill Zone is 5:30pm - 7:30pm, your time,[/B] as you stated above.

Here are the four Kill Zones for your location in India (time zone IST = GMT+5½ hours):

Asian Kill Zone (4 hours) 4:30am - 8:30am

London Open Kill Zone (2 hours) 12:30pm - 2:30pm

New York Open Kill Zone (2 hours) 5:30pm - 7:30pm

London Close Kill Zone (2 hours) 9:30pm - 11:30pm

thank you for the help.

Thanks for the reply. So that means, a Killzone starts 1 hour prior the actual open of the market right ??

look at that fiber/cable divergence. further indicates a reasonable long on fiber :wink:

You can use this spreadsheet, it you so desire.

I’ve entered your timezone under PC time

Trading Times Offsets15a.zip (9.28 KB)

Was looking at this trade as well but did not take it because I was thinking that we might have put in the London high for the week. Did you factor that in?..just curious…I’m new to the London high/low concept and would like to know your thoughts on this…if any.

Thanks and good luck on the trade.

there are not always BIGGER option expiries nearby. thus we can identify big fig/mid figs that could be more important than others.

quote from discussion on forexlive site:

“Hello Gary,
One observation noted over the years is the powerful magnetic attraction of market prices to large expiries of so-called vanilla (plain ordinary puts and calls) options.
All things being equal (are they ever?) prices tend to gravitate toward the strike price at the time of expiry.
Why?
Because each side of the trade has to actively hedge their exposure.
Let’s use the example of a $500 mln JPY put/USD call struck at 100.00.
One side has an exposure of $500 mln dollars when the market is at or above 100.00 and the other side has no exposure. At 99.99, the other side of the trade has a $500 mln exposure and the other side has zero. All the jockeying back and forth tends to draw prices close to the strike as each side tries to position themselves for the moment when the option is exercised or expires out of the money.
This action is most noticeable in the run-up to 10 am New York time when the vast majority of options expire.”

Monday High or Tuesday Low, pick your poison. :33:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread very informative. It is very helpful. Keep it up!

Thanks.

GBP/USD: Strong resistance at 1.6. If it break through, then maybe it’s time to really go short.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

LoL i remember ICT saying do ur own analysis and dont follow the crowd!!!

same website, option expiry information:
For the 1000 NY/1500 GMT cut:
EUR/USD: 1.2900, 1.2940, 1.3000, 1.3050, 1.3070 1.3100, 1.3200

could mean a lot of price action around 3050, ongoing now, and possibly more push towards 3000. We just blew 6000 on cable on downstructure not Judas, thats why uplevel of fiber 3100 seems too distant

haha…true :34: