Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

in what timeframe and how much risk per trade do you take if i may ask? very impressive! and i think you should not stop posting. others can still learn and maybe it’s even better for you. because the trades you post are maybe better and more carefully picked than possible trades you might take when you don’t post :slight_smile:

Well done mate. Love your analysis as well. Simple and you can see what you’re doing by just looking at the charts you post.

Keep up the good work.

Hey guys, At the beginning of 2012 ICT started this thread: http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/42343-2012-forex-goals-targets-dreams-some-bucket-list.html
Many of you posted your goals for the year in it. Its now 2013 and I am interested (as is ICT I believe) in hearing about your progress for the year. I know many of the people that first posted in it aren’t even around anymore but those of you who are; please update your progress. Good, bad or decent its nice to hear how people are advancing. :slight_smile:

From December 19th, to Jan 9th. 2% per trade.

Thanks Azadali!

Out of curiosity, does anyone use Ichimoku indicator here?

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

I think ur in the wrong forum, just because its most popular doesnt mean its good 4 u.

Who said that I use it?

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

Nice one Dodge. I’m purely S&R with OTE accompanied by MS. Divergence is my next step.

Piece by piece.

Sorry. I was away from the computer for several hours, so I’m just now seeing your post from 8 hours ago.

Regarding the Kill Zones, here is some perspective. Times shown below are in [B]your time zone[/B] (GMT+5½ hours).

• Three of the four Kill Zones “bracket” the opening or closing time of a particular session. These three are the London Open Kill Zone, the New York Open Kill Zone, and the London Close Kill Zone. It looks like this:

12:30pm - London Open Kill Zone begins
1:30pm - London session opens
2:30pm - London Open Kill Zone ends

5:30pm - New York Open Kill Zone begins
6:30pm - New York session opens
7:30pm - New York Open Kill Zone ends

9:30pm - London Close Kill Zone begins
10:30pm - London session closes
11:30pm - London Close Kill Zone ends

These Kill Zone times represent the minimum 2-hour periods which Michael (ICT) suggests. They can be expanded, for example to 2½ hours or 3 hours, if you find that expanding one (or more) of them improves your ability to identify trade set-ups. Generally, I would not recommend reducing any of the Kill Zones.

• The Asian session is more complex than either the London session or the New York session in the following way.

During the first five hours of the Asian session, four major markets (Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia) and four minor markets (Korea, China, Taiwan, and New Zealand) are all open, but they open at different times, as follows:

12:30am - New Zealand opens
2:30am - Australia opens
4:30am - Japan and Korea open
5:30am - Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan open

Generally, the “Asian Session” doesn’t get rolling until all eight of these players have come to the table — which means 5:30am (your time). The Asian Kill Zone begins one hour prior to this time, at 4:30am.

Here is another factor which makes the Asian Session unique. It’s traditional in Japan, and certain other Asian markets, to divide the trading day into a morning session and an afternoon session, with a recess period in between. The major stock exchanges in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka), for example, close for 90 minutes each day around “lunchtime”. Financial markets in Singapore and Hong Kong have similar recess periods, but they don’t coincide with the 90-minute recess in Japan.

All of this makes for a very extended trading day in the region; and this is the reason why the Asian Kill Zone (unlike the other three Kill Zones) is four hours long, rather than two hours long.

So, to the list of opening times for the Pacific/Asian countries listed above, you can add the following:

4:30am - Asian Kill Zone begins
8:30am - Asian Kill Zone ends

Note that the Asian Kill Zone basically captures the extended opening of forex markets across the Pacific/Asian region. (Michael didn’t name it the “Asian Open Kill Zone”, but he could have.)

Over the next six hours, after the Asian Kill Zone has ended, forex trading begins to close across the region.

9:30am - 2:30pm — the 8 countries listed above close trading for the day (in the order in which they opened)

• One other thing for you to be aware of: Beginning in March, certain countries will start going onto (or off of) daylight saving time. This will change some of the times which I have given you, above. I will post those changes here on the Forum, when they start to happen.

[B]Edit:[/B] In the Pacific/Asian region, the designation of 4 countries as “major” forex players, and 4 countries as “minor” forex players, is not arbitrary. That designation is based on the daily forex trading volumes generated in those 8 countries.
Here is a list (with volume figures taken from the BIS 2010 Triennial Central Bank Survey):

[U]The major Pacific/Asian forex players:[/U]
Japan — 312 billion USD per day
Singapore — 266 billion USD per day
Hong Kong — 238 billion USD per day
Australia — 192 billion USD per day

[U]The minor Pacific/Asian forex players:[/U]
Korea — 44 billion USD per day
China — 20 billion USD per day
Taiwan — 18 billion USD per day
New Zealand — 9 billion USD per day

ICT’s new Wolfe waves video helped me take advantage of the sell off in crude today. Point 5 was the 161.8 fib/ICT Reflection entry. I love this stuff.

You guys have probably all spotted this, but I’ll post it up anyway: (Daily TF)

USDX:

EUR/USD:

GBP/USD:

Quite obvious divergence occurring at keys levels…

1.30 - Fiber
1.60 - Cable
81.00 - USDX

Dollar weakness, indicated by the lower high. Confirmed by the Fiber with its higher low. Not so in the “stronger” Cable.

Highlighting a potential move higher… peterma, does the bond market concur? :slight_smile:

Higher High again today, the new high posted at 20.00 gmt (4th day rise sparked at NFP release last Fri)- the higher highs pointing to higher usdx.
Ah the fun of forex!

Sorry, late reply. Unfortunately I do not have an indicator, I understand statistics and calculus but know nothing about MT4 programming, therefore I perform my calculations in excel. I use the basic statistics such as standard deviation and average, and add chisquare and tscore’s to construct confidence intervals (which are the bottom and upper lines in the chart I posted earlier). Also I construct an equation on tick prices when the price reaches statistical extremes, I differentiate that equation to the second degree in combination with ICT’s OTE to find my entry. I realized I might be in the wrong thread though to go further into this, but if you want to discuss this more you can always contact me via PM.

Good luck trading all!

Hi Kenp240,

Sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been having. I notice you are in the UK. Do you know whether your demo account is denominated in British pounds or US dollars? I ask because while there have been tech issues with the MT4 demos, some demo servers have been affected more than others due to the sheer volume of demo traders on them. We’re working to improve capacity on the busier demo servers.

In the meantime, here are some steps you can take:

[ol]
[li][B]Register for a demo on a different server[/B]. This link will let you set up a demo account on our Australian dollar server which has fewer users. You will still be able to trade all the same currency pairs. The only difference is that the P/L will be displayed in Aussie dollars.
[/li][li]
[/li][li][B]If you would prefer not to run as administrator[/B], try reinstalling MT4 in a different location outside the Program Files folder. Windows 7 in particular does not like it when regular programs try to write to that folder. That is why my colleagues suggested that you try running as administrator. For example, you can create a new folder called “C:\FXCM MetaTrader 4” to install the program.
[/li][li]
[/li][li][B]Keep your demo account active[/B]. MT4 demos generally expire after 30 days of inactivity, but if we run into a situation where more space needs to be created for new users, then some demos might be purged after a shorter period of inactivity.
[/li][/ol]

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working towards a long term solution. If you have any further questions, feel free to hit me up in the Broker Aid Station.

Jason

Dodge… [U]your[/U] trading showcases you are the real deal… nicely done!

[B]Continued GLGT [/B]:57:

Awesome… thank you for sharing its effectiveness in Futures and not merely in Fx.

GLGT :57:

I have a question regarding smt divergences , which follows which?;

IF usdx makes higher highs,

and cable makes lower lows ,

but fibre fails to do so and makes higher lows, what does that indicate? underlying buying pressure?

Cheers.

It is my pleasure sir. Also TST still plans on reaching out to you. There are other snipers there.

Dodge

Tip of my hat to you

I especially like the way you used the SMT divergence (USDX and EURX ?) to indicate that it was time to TP. Looking carefully I (retrospectively) also found some Fiber/Cable SMT Divergence.

My feed fell a few pipettes before the 80/OTE, so not sure whether or not I would have made that TP before the slide. Nevertheless it was bedtime and I decided that retreat was the best tactic as things were starting to look bearish.

Please keep posting. I like the way you approach your trades. Simple, clear and concise.

PS TopFroxx - how did your trade transpire? Interested to compare your exit strategy. Mine was simply time based/constrained.