Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Hey ICT,

I am one of those who just lurk in the background but greatly appreciate and admire your work immensely. I had a question on seasonal tendencies, I recall somewhere in the videos you mentioned that we should keep an eye on them. Could you post a source where you get them and explain a little more how you look at them and what it is that you keep a watch on. I have tried to to search around the net but found varying results and not sure why that would be.

On a side note, I am big fan of your work. I look at the markets in a whole different way and not just the technical side. For exampleā€¦looking at the COT data at the moment, GBP commercials are heavily short, then seeing that there is a bearish divergence in yields, Something that I never thought I would ever be able to see in the market place (Anticipate what the next move will be.)

I think the Trade plan development series are worth gold. I have made hand written notes from them and study them every week. Before you released those videos I had actually quit trading the London open session all together because I simply did not understand it. It was loss after loss after loss. Now, am up over 200 pips already this year from catching the London express because I understand what it is that I should be looking for. Everything put together from market structure on one end to yields on the other end.

Developing into an independent thinker and not following a trade someone else is inā€¦that is what its all about.

Have a look, this may help for seasonal tendency and forecastā€¦

To learn more
Stock Market Forecast Report|Market Timing|Forecast Gold Prices

Thanks a ton Clint.That was really helpful.

There seems to be lot of material coming up. I think iā€™m going to stick to the old methodā€™s i.e whatever was taught till development series. With the new stuff, iā€™m getting confused and feel like overwhelmed to concentrate on lot of methods.
After-all, Iā€™m looking for 2 or 3 trades per week thatā€™l fetch around 60-80 pips.

Hey guys, just a simple question I havenā€™t already answered.
In a OTE, according to the rules, where should we place the Stop Loss?
And if the OTE and the entry is on the daily chart instead of 1HR or 15 MIN where we should place SL?

Many thanks

saw a wolfe wave 5 forming (red line), after that set my SL 1 pip below that, 50% off at 1.3078 (green line) and rest stopped out at about BE (blue line)

image hosting sites

Iā€™m with you on that.

Jason,

Thanks for the response, Iā€™ll try again.

As I said no complaints about the support team they do a good job.

Best regards,
Ken

If we look at the fiber and cable 4H charts, we can see that the fiber has been making higher lows, while the cable has been making lower lows.
Is that SMT divergence, and does it mean higher pricesā€¦? I know thereā€™s big news coming up soon, so Iā€™m not going to be trading right now, but I was just wondering? :slight_smile:

Bullish smt div is where one pair makes lower lows and the other does not . In this case you would look to buy at a coincident key S/R
Bearish smt div is where one pair makes higher highs and the other does not. In this case you would look to sell at a relevant KSR level.

However I dont see any divergence between EU and GU on the H4?

this divergence has already been posted a couple of times. yes, it is an indicator for bullishness (not saying market is bullish (or bearish for that matter, i have no clue and wont be trading before rate decisions)).

how can you not see that? does it need to stab you in the eye? :smiley:

MrGekko,

Sorry I missed this. If you are trying to use the MetaCot indicator, Iā€™ve had the same problem. I followed the instructions to the letter (several times) but I never get the thing to work. I either get nothing or incomplete data.

I know some of the guys have got it working but I donā€™t know how. Hopefully, they can comment?

Sorry I canā€™t be of more help.

i second mapman. i dont see it either , they are rather making higher highs on H4.

I place mine beyond the swing (or big/mid fig) - as per ICT teaching - from where I pulled the fib on 15 min for entry - max usually 30 pips - would look to protect the stop as per ICT if price gets to the 90% retracement - often if gets to there the trade is bad.

Ha - youā€™re right I need new glasses - my mistake - it does indeed stab one in the eye !!
The divergence occurs when you look at the wider timescale back to 4th Jan. I was initially looking back only one day which is how I would normally trade smt divergence - if others want to go back a few days - thats fine.

sorry i too thought they were both making higher highs on H4 ? Eur is retracing back from 8th Jan AR lowā€¦any one looking at it.

Hi, H4 divergence:

Oh - the daily - I use for anaylsis and bias - but the 15 min for more (hopefully) accurate entry -
See the market mapping video from 14.00 mins to see how ICT teaches going from HTF right down to STF

Thanks Richard87, and apologies to ToppFroxx. i can see it now.