Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Has anyone seen Larry Williams’ video “Picture Perfect Trading” ?

It goes into a lot of detail regarding the COT

Can you post a link rod?

See how the Bonds reacted to today’s news - the top is the US, The bottom The German bund.

The Bund was reacting pip by pip with the fibre, the US was more muted.

Interesting - the forex was leading the bonds which seems to happen DURING news - the key is what happens in the days that follow.

Hi, thats wierd, I dont have the spike you have drawn the line form on Cable on my chart… (dvs, the spike is muche shorter on mine)

Btw, I have a Alpari, Forex Ltd and Oanda feed, and your spike is not on any of my feeds…

(It seems your spike is over 20pips lower than the low of my spike(s) :open_mouth: )

Yeah I guess it is ,

Change broker

I just right clicked the chart , saved it , then just posted the chart on the reply thread .

That was a nice hundsky

The purple is my losing trade I took initially -12 pips (-0.51%) and then… well boom goes the dynamite

Ok, without screenshot. EU now in bearish OTE from Jan 2nd top. SMT divergence in the making between EU(breaking monday high) and GU (failing to do so). Could spell a downwards move first for EU.

Higher TF still bullish

Probably still available via Larry Williams’ website -

Larry Williams, Futures Trading, Futures Newsletters, Short Term Trading, Long Term Trading, Trading Education

Suspect that he charges a significant amount, although one of his better presentations imho. Glad that I recently was given the opportunity to view it.

The T-Rex comment made me laugh out loud in my office, nice metaphor jonnycab!

Hope you guys made some decent pips this week! May God shower us with pips in 2013 and beyond!

Congrats pipnroll! Ur on a roll!

haha, it was one of ICTs :wink:

I cant remember which video it was from though!

Thanks! Trying to keep up with you guys…

Who says women can’t trade?? LOL

These are not the ICT ones but your welcome to them, not sure what profiles you mean.

Hi, guys, Im going live next week, and need some help with a ‘dillema’

1. What stop loss are you using? I can choose from 25pips and 30pips in my plan…
    If I use 25pips, ofcourse my trade has a little less room to move in before going my way, but then I can scale in and out much better(using a micro account), I can have positisions up to 4000units(2%), and can scale down to 0.5%(1000) units.

Or
2. 30pips gives me 3000units to play with, but I cant scale lower than 1%(maybe down to 0.7%)… But I have more room for may trade to develop…

Any ideas?
[EDIT] No I wish I hade gone for Oanda, where I can open any position over 1000units and not just in steps of 1000 as on Alpari :frowning: Anyway, I figured better go safe and slow, and will use a 30pip SL and max 3000units and then downscale to a 25pip SL if I loose 2 times in a row, and scale down to 1000units(0.5%)…

where is your focus?

I think - I’ve been focused on the wrong thing for a really long time. (me)
I keep thinking how can I exploit this : How can I make money in this market : How can I read the market : How should I enter an ote : a reflection : a turtle soup.
Where do I see price going and or not going.
Why can’t I ever make a friggen pip.
How will I get consistent at this .
etc . . . .

You guys have these thoughts and issues as well? (It is human nature to be ‘selfish’ or to think about oneself)

• I theorize LET GO OF THIS - if you want to make it in this market? .

agree or disagree? I’d like to here your thoughts.

I was just typing up stuff as I normally do and I typed this "

• when they’re done positioning they’re going to trap more in the wrong direction because they are greedy - once that trap is done price will go in the correct direction for at least a little while."
    then a little bit later I typed this "
  • what position are they taking up? if you figure that out - then you wait for the trap, and get in on the trap. can’t lose. "

and these two little partial sentences got me to thinking that I think entirely wrong - -I am still thinking like the lamb - - - It isn’t about me and what I think [B]- - it’s them, I gotta figure out- - [/B]

I think 25 or 30 pips is fine, depending on how you want to manage risk. (Can I suggest, using 0.5% risk for your first few live trades if possible?)

The type of trader you are should also dictate this. I presume with a 25/30 pip SL, you will be a short term, intraday or swing trader?

For me, I’ll range anywhere between 15 and 30 pips max for my short term/intraday trading stop loss, basically, below the last swing high/low, and should that be outside 30 pips I probably wont trade it, unless its glaringly obvious I should. For example, my two trades on Monday, the first was entered at 1.3020 with a 30 pip SL below the Friday lows during London, then reentry around 1.3027 with a 15 pip SL during NYO which would put that SL below the London low (I am always thinking Market Structure when placing my SL).

If you have a bit of a think about SL placement before entering the trade, sometimes this is good enough to keep you out of a potentially bad trade.

Having said that, you can only really answer these questions once you’ve got a feel for how you like to trade.

Good luck with the live account!

Exactly, you’re not out to beat the bankers, you’re out there to trade with them :slight_smile: (on their coattails)

Hi mate, did you take this trade? Was it an ICT method you used. Give us some more details if possible. It will help us all learn from your trades too.