Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Cable Daily Fractal

Cable Daily Fractal

One2One pattern indicates that the bia has turned bearish

Sorry, off topic a little but…

Hi there. I have been in the background for a while now patiently reading, studying. I love the comradery on here, and every question i have wanted to ask has already been answered and more. I can see that i have a long way to go but its nice to have online friends sharing the adventure with you, and although i am ‘taking’ at the moment hopefully one day i will be able to provide that bit of information that helps a newbies life easier.

So apart from my thanks, all i seem to do is press the like button! I would like to ask a question. Before i start I have used the search function, but it throws up too many results, and nothing really matches my question. I have also been through this thread, but not all of ICT’s two other threads.

On ICT’s videos he sometimes uses period day separators, and on sunday/monday there is a double line. How does he do that? I know about period separators, but can not find anything in the edit/tools/options functions that allow me to do this on my MT4/MT5 platform. (i downloaded mt5 because i think that is what ICT uses, i still don’t know why everyone hates on it so much, a couple of the options make a bit more sense, but i’m too green to fully understand).
It this just an option on his particular trading platform? Extra info: i use Alpari uk Mt4 Mt5, it is set to GMT +2, cant change that, i have already investigated.

Its not a major problem i know, but something i would like to get to the bottom of, it’s been bugging me for a while.

Thanks for all your help, both for the past and future answers. A special thanks to ICT!

I shall return to my comfort place lurking in the background.

Jonnypips

I dont use MT5, but in MT4 chart: [B]right click[/B] -> [B]Properties[/B] -> [B]Common[/B] tab -> check [B]Show period separators[/B]

A shortcut for that would be [B]Ctrl+Y[/B]

Not all brokers have sunday as a seperate day so keep that in mind.

I suspect ICT uses MT4 by Forex Ltd for the videos

Hi Jonny,

just to add to the above answers, Alpari UK does not count Sunday as a separate day (so, no Sunday candle on daily chart) as many others do, they just add the data to Monday’s candle and thats why you dont see the ‘‘double lines’’ in beginning of the week :wink:

MT5 is cooler, but the indicators we use are mostly ‘‘non-standard’’, coded by folks here, so cant be used on MT5 (for now).
ICT uses for his analysis (MT4) Forex.com for Fiber-Cable and Forex ltd for USDx, I think.

Looks like Mr.ICT is in a trade:) He tends to go quiet when he is trading… :smiley: So No PTC video tonight i guess.
I have been staring on charts today like a fool and couldn’t understand what price was doing? Had no bias no entry points even after the London close. I looked at weekly charts and looks like we formed a swing point Eur/usd. Seems to me that if we break the last candle down the market structure will turn bearish on the weekly? did i understand that correct from ict videos?

[video=youtube_share;jKMlh_0B-g4]http://youtu.be/jKMlh_0B-g4[/video]

[B]GLGT :57:[/B]

Thanks for the latest PTC … and on a side note Livestream Quality is greatly improved :-p

Shorted Cable @ 1.6035 (based on overall bearish structure and a nice swing back up into OTE for NYO).

Stops now at BE and took off 80% @ 20 pips. Unsure of how this will run, bit risky considering the news event that will be out soon.

We’re in OTE territory now for a Long should the new event at 14:00 GMT impress.

Hi Michael,
Question for you if interest rates are so important as you say (and just to confirm i dont doubt you when you say that)and they make the whole financial markets move, why dont we see them in every PTC video? Just wondering as we see you go over the USDX in every PTC video why not bond yields as well. I’ve been focusing my study in the last few days on yields because as you say they are the mac daddy of all, and i’ve only been able to find a few video’s where you mention them i find this strange to say the least… I’m very interested to use these bond yield divergences as in a video from over a year ago you mention that if you pay for a live feed you can call the high and lows of a day before they happen with a divergence between the 5yr, 10yr, and 30yr not only in the forex market but also the bond and stock markets. This sounds like one of the most powerful tools that you have in your arsenal yet it seems we dont hear enough about it.

I know the Trade Plan Series is not over yet and you may yet reveal more in the up and coming videos… but a daily or weekly revision of yields and how they may or may not effect the up and coming weeks trading sounds better than anything a COT report has got to say.

By the way the above question is just a question not a criticism and just an observation ive made the last thing i want to do is offend you or others.

Love all the good work.

Thank you for the PTC tonight i feel like am addicted to them:)… and looking farward to the webinar on sun.

Hi m8, Forex Ltd. has USDx on their demo? I just need it for the analysis really, not for trading…

1.60 objective reached, shame it was only with 20% :34:

Yep it sure does

You can always just use Netdania for the USDX

I tried to long fiber today.

H4 bullish trend
pivot buy zone
1h smt divergence

what did I miss ?

From what I saw, although I don’t use ICT’s methods, is that EU has broken out of the 4H bull channel yesterday, which to me suggested a bear bias.

It can be seen to happen in the Asian Session this morning with a solid close below the lower channel where you would ‘expect’ to see bull’s coming into play.

Price also played off the 50.0 Fib as shown by the blue highlighted box.