Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

no no, I’m genuinely impressed that you guys cut your loss so quickly. That’s not a common trait among retailers :slight_smile:

Good conversation above. I too use fairly tight stops and would concur that it works for me in my normal day trading - i guess im a bit of a scalper in that regard but as I’m at my screen all day I dont usually see the need for wider SL’s as I can be in and out quickly. However I do take swing trades with wider stops but I generally gear down on the risk. My own take on most ‘retailers’ perhaps not cutting losses in the way I tend to do is that for many its not a full time job or they are not able to watch the market in detail / be at their screens. Personally I think its incredibly hard to make a good return when you’re not wtaching whats happening like a hawk but I know its just not possible for many to do this.

EG I just entered at 13076 (Italian bond auction sugested support around here) and will be take 70% at 090 (speak of the devil - ha - just did) and move stop to entry. I know this is not really ICT standard methodology but I find being agile and flexible much more rewarding - especially as we are getting close to the 31 fig.

talking about tight sl. :wink: a quick scalp, 4.2 pip SL, just closed at 1.3096, 18.8 pip gain, more than 4:1 rr :slight_smile:

Been Long from 1.3070 this morning (AR high support) when price was fluffing around, not really doing much.

TP1 hit so far

And wow, right up to 1.3110! Nice :slight_smile:

nice, should have stayed in mine a bit longer. congrats jonny

Some strong USDx support coming up @82 combined with some daily res on GU and EU - maybe a decent counter trend trade for NYO? Risk = dont want to be standing in front of any speeding trains:)

Might come off a bit earlier tha NYO in which case plenty of scope to get long on any retrace.

Upside of 1.3040 pretty much reached, 10 pips shy, but I’m not complaining, control the greed and stick to the plan :slight_smile:

Probably done for today, but will keep an eye out, wouldn’t mind reentry around some new support levels should they hold up…

Hello . I’ve been eyeing this topic for years now and keeping tabs but mostly lurking. Ive gone through the videos and whatnot but something crossed my mind while reviewing.

When is market flow considered broken? I ask due to the fact that I recall sometimes market flows breaking the downside but in turn ending up being a judas swing to the upside and vice versa.

You dont want to look for market flow, you want to look for Market Structure, each time frame have 1, i always look at 1h,4h,daily MS. Michael and other traders on here use 15min but thats not my style… Judas swings often breaks MF but not so often MS

AH i see. Thanks for the response. Hopefully on the new videos there will be info on that to refresh.

By the way, I should introduce myself briefly.

Been trading [[or more so just studying]] for two years, this one going the third really. Due to financial issues, things had to be put on hold for the moment and by the start of this year i’m back into the swings of things again. I’ve lost 4% on my account due to not looking at the bigger picture of things but im still thrilled to learn about this. I find that this is what I’ve meant to do ((and i’ve searched, worked on a computer science bachelor’s , worked at a threathre, the only thing I keep coming back to is this))

I’m kinda bummed the videos poofed again since I could use a re-refresher about it but I still got the general idea, thanks to ICT, regardless what people say.

Ill definitely try posting much more frequently and thanks for the help.

Depends on the chart typically on a 1hr or so when you see a Long Term Low violated any rally from that point is suspect to be faded and vice versa.

It’s more obvious on a daily.

nice retracement.

yay im a master now. BOW DOWN PEASANTS!

Hey guys,

Great to see you all kicking butt in the trades. I’m still putting together a proper trading plan and back testing, going to be doing this for a while but i’m always checking up on this thread to see how people are going… hoping to get to your level soon guys :stuck_out_tongue:

As mentioned above the HTF support on USDx and resistance on Fibre gave way to a decent 30+ pip scalp at NYO! :slight_smile:

Helped on it way I guess by a good set of US unemployment claims coming in lower than expected which looks to have been interpreted (initially at least ) as strong for the US$ (classical economics) by adding a bit more uncertainty as to when the Fed might start talking of cutting back on stimulus.

When ICT refers to the Nazdaq Index and looking for failure swings with that, the S&P 500, & the Dow Industrials does he mean the Nazdaq 100 Index or the Nazdaq Composite Index? Thanks and sorry if it is a dumb question. Just setting up all my intermarket charts.

btw what were your reasons for entry? just the look of AR high giving support?

10Yr had been sliding for 2 days, while the USDX had been retracing up for part of that time, it retraced into the OTE zone of the current trading range.

1H TF:

When we had quite a bit of support at the AR high (price hung around that level for quite some time) I figured it would be good for a buy in, considering the levels we were at on the USDX.

Good analysis!

I went short at 1.31192 on Fibre earlier today. I’ve taken profits 1 and 2. Re-assessing my money management, I find ideal for me is to close 60% at whatever my SL level is (20 pips for 20 pips for this trade, for example), further 20% at 2x SL level (40 pips) and let the remainder run OR close at 3 x SL based on MS. I think this will work well.

Even though this trade went well with the demo account, my back testing was TERRIBLE. I’ll keep at it.

John Carpainter has a great thread going on losing trades.

Every trade that I enter with the expectation of it being a loser - (this is so against my positive pysche in life) - so my risk is set accordingly - equally importantly I look to see are there reasons for not taking the trade.

Example I was going to buy fibre at 3080 until I saw the us10yr - that put the brakes on - may still buy it , but now I’ll wait a little.

Im impressed with cable in that it held it’s ground.

Classic ICT technicals: USDX hitting support at 82 yesterday, OTE 82.11 during late Asia supported by a rising 10YR off support. Fiber clipped the stops on the March highs which coincided with the 1.27Ext of the previous weeks range. Strong resistance on the Daily chart around 1.3130, OTE entry at 1.3125 mirroring USDX.