Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Fuzzbuggy with that information and that its resting on Support level in bullish MS with SMT concept and Oscilator diverging you can try to trade by buying euro and this would give you high probability set up, but because its 17:00GMT we wait for tomorrow.

Bonds going lower, USDX higher, crack in Bonds aswell…

bonds are amazing

hey Fred,
i see how this can be frustrating. ‘m not going to say hang in there buddy, it will come if you just wish it bad enough, and all that nonsense, but there’s a few things that helped me in the past, and if you like then feel welcome to use some ideas.

Maybe it is not about the how many wins v. lost, because often i may take several few-pip losses until I get an entry at a level that holds, i mean it’s about risk control. If you are wrong, be wrong small, seek to enter really close to a SR level if you can, if not know your risk is on the other side of the level, expect it to hold, if it doesn’t hold it just doesn’t. Close out with small loss, sometimes at breakeven, and try the next SR level, you never know ‘for sure’ which one does or does not hold until it’s too late, and trading is not really the place where a person gets rewarded for being right. Any argument we may have with the market she always wins, and because of that the easier it is to accept you were wrong, when you are wrong, then the easier the trading. You keep trying that good entry and will lose few here and there may be 3-4 times, then you get a good one and trade does well and you know, you make profits on that entry.

The other thing you mention is motivation, state of mind if you want, but it’s good to realize that technique is just that, some gesture, void of context, technique in itself does not gain anything. It’s the application of technique in the situation, which one is good here v. there, so maybe a trader is like an athlete – he can be in shape, out of shape, in the zone, or being preoccupied with worries and all sorts of stuff on his mind, and that doesn’t work too well. There can be good days and bad days for sure.

There was a question some time ago, i believe at the time there was a mention of not feeling responsible for the outcome of anyone single trade, nothing beats experience, take those trades, if you’re wrong be wrong very small, 30 pip is hardly ever enough room for the market to change its mind.
Hope this helps in some way, best of luck mate!

+1 what ibepippin said. do not get in “early” at a worse price because you dont want to miss the move. wait until it gets to your exact level, only then enter. this will drastically increase your RR. also use tight stops. dont bet on the market bailing you out when the recent movement was against you and broke a swing point. dont hope it comes back and gets you back into the green. i know, it is a nice feeling to see price come back and give you some profit after your position got almost taken out. but that is exactly what it is, a feeling! feelings are not profitable. trading high probability setups with high RR on the other hand is! just always use tight stops. the use of tight stops and waiting for the correct price before entering will increase your RR possibly by 2 or so (was about the case for me anyways).

2nd: if you havent already, i would recommend reading “trading in the zone” by mark douglas.

combine these two things and you will probably make a huge leap forward. again, just my personal experience, but these two things have been major breakthroughs for me

thanks mate
Im back at drawing board… time to take an advice Ive read over and over in books to heart and develop different strategies for different market environments… I didnt feel the need to do so while my strategy was making money… but now that it doesn’t (and hasn’t for quite some time) it is time to get to work on that;)
I’m sure I’ll hustle through this and come out on the black at the end.

While I want to continue to work on ICT short term trading I have to admit that I really started to like my little experiment in long term trading… while it is still too early to draw too many conclusions, it is without a doubt very relaxing - especially since I am stronger in my analysis than in my timing and execution…
with SLs from 50-250 pips it sure gives me some room to make up for bad timing;)
I only had 3 trades thus far since I started about 5 weeks ago. 1 stopped at BE, 1 was a 2% loss, and one is a short on AUDNZD which currently is at +400 pips, SL is now at +200 pips.
however those long term trades are on a demo, since Im still working on some strategies, which by the way also evolved out of the knowledge I gained through ICTs material.

I am kinda hoping to do short and long term parallel to each other, they could hedge or add to each other…

I might be a bit quiet for the time being, as I will be focusing on working out the strategies and less on trading.

cheers and happy hunting!

second that TopFroxx,
used to think in terms of trading price action but 'm letting go of the idea, we don’t really trade price action but price levels. Which changes the perspective on planning, and also helps with managing the issues of patience and feelings!

weird action today, somewhat s&d like and i did not expect that. these are the kind of days that make me realize that money management and time of the day are key. looking back at the spasms on fiber today and without knowing what i traded today i would have bet that this was a losing day for me. but time of the day and money management with tight stops somehow managed to make me 3%. some days are just weird

[QUOTE=“TopFroxx;479846”]weird action today, somewhat s&d like and i did not expect that. these are the kind of days that make me realize that money management and time of the day are key. looking back at the spasms on fiber today and without knowing what i traded today i would have bet that this was a losing day for me. but time of the day and money management with tight stops somehow managed to make me 3%. some days are just weird[/QUOTE]

What happens after the S&D days generally?

ICT has an sixteen minute video called “Inner Circle Traders Search and Destroy” that was on youtube. I don’t know if it is still available to download anywhere now that they have been taken down.

Hi,

I believe some of you signed up for the Chris Lori workshop. Can you comment on his online course materials? Are they as good or better than the videos from ICT? I’m thinking of signing up. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

have a short eurjpy 129.76,
reasons, 79 retrace on the swing 125-131, 129.80 stops taken out, about 80 points room to support, stop 129.90
129.89 high either is the turn point, or isn’t.

edit: took 15 points on half position to cover stop. this is now a free trade
edit 2: 'm doing this because of prior discussion on entries and stops and so on :slight_smile: so bear with me pls, till 'm either in or out of this trade idea… stop taken out on the other half therefore first trade is a wash, new position open at 2987

edit3: at this point m15 looks like a congestion/ building a base, therefore 87 trade closed at plus 2 pips, eurjpy out, no harm done. Looking for next trade

Working on spotting USDX - EURUSD divergences.

USDX 15 min left - EURUSD min right

7-8 GMT both the USDX and EURUSD made higher lows. EURUSD proceeded to rise about 30 pips and stopped right at the daily R1 line.

Noticed it too late to make the trade.

S&D days are often associated with lack of news, it’s then easier for those guys to take the stops.

Lack of news days, then think what was happening before, where was the thrust, so shift to the daily - there it is to be seen.

Example - fibre - where are the higher highs? , where is price going to, then look for the news days ahead.

Will fibre go substantially below 3000 this week? - I would be surprised, but then again Mon and Tue are good for S&D, Wed before we have some oxygen.

I do’nt trade cable but very much I watch it, so switch to h1, what to see - 3 hits in a row just above 5200, some would say this is the action of demand, buyers coming into the market … I mean, really?

So if price hits 5187 on Mon or Tue - do you buy or sell?

Little add to above post, imagine you are a ‘commercial’, you are selling in Eur, therefore being paid with Eur, but you are buying in Gbp.
Your supplier needs paid this week coming for 40k stg, you have that amount in either Eur or Stg - which do you use?.

hey guys, what is wrong with the first post??? everything broken, video dont work either. looking to become profesional trader one day, this thread got me excited. pretty disappointed right now :frowning:

[QUOTE=“peterma;480403”]Little add to above post, imagine you are a ‘commercial’, you are selling in Eur, therefore being paid with Eur, but you are buying in Gbp.
Your supplier needs paid this week coming for 40k stg, you have that amount in either Eur or Stg - which do you use?.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Peterma. Insightful!

anyone trading today?
have a short cable at 45, top of asian range
fiber too is at 50/low AR

I hope you have less trouble this time

this directed at me? thank you for the good hopes, they have been answered
this my 29 point trade in gbp-jpy, before NY open.