Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Yep I went long on cable at 1.522 have taken off 70% and halved SL with final TP at ~1.526 (prev monthly high)

Update: 1.526 target hit… 10% left for it to do whatever.

Also still short with euro at 1.3144 and at 1.312 taken off 90% for both just letting them run.

the fiber ar trade, 21 points, 2nd entry because the first didn’t seem to work out
this move could continue on, was ok to close because of the 3020 line, a prior s/r level on the chart

Nice trading Ibe, yet again, Bonds/Notes hinting that this move down was in the works on the EURUSD.

thanks Jonny, bonds very decisive up yes, pressure on the pairs.
don’t figure this cable though… perhaps good news to follow

Cable is really intriguing me.
Fibre had the usual market reversal profile at nyo - but eur/gbp did not react, cable continued to rise.

Dollar is back at 8260 - it found some support here recently.

Probably why I’m suspicious of cable’s rise is the bounce just short of 5200, those (LO April 5th) stops remain intact, scoop those and bang, it’s a long way down.

Anyhow I will look hard when we arrive at 5300 (might even trade this cable thing :))

Could you explain to me the difference between bonds and treasury notes and the effect they have on the US Dollar? Are they the same thing or 2 different things?

I have notes saying that if the 2, 5, & 30 yr us yields are going down and one fails to make a lower low, then the USDX is poised to bounce up. I have also heard ICT say that foreign currencies seek yield so that contradicts the previous statement. I am just confused.

What resources do you check daily to look at these charts?

I am currently going to bloomberg and monitoring the usgg2yr:ind, usgg5yr:ind, & usgg10yr:ind and COT charts from barchart.com

Hello guy & gal

all the video on the first seems not working. please advise. thanks

I use Oanda for my US 5Y 10Y and 30Y
bonds and treasury notes - for our purposes they are the same - ie differentiate with 5Y, 10Y 30Y. imho 5Y are the most indicative.

foreign currencies seek yield - true, although it has more to do with risk OFF (go to Bonds->USDX strong) or risk ON (go to Stocks foreign currency etc)

My Take
Bond Price (US10,5,2) rising: Divergence on Bond Highs -> Bonds to drop -> USDX to drop
Bond Price (US10,5,2) falling: Divergence on Bond Lows -> Bonds to rise -> USDX to rise
USDX rising: Div’, Bond Price Lower Hi & USDX Higher Hi -> USDX to drop
USDX falling: Div’, Bond Price Higher Hi & USDX Lower Hi -> USDX to rise
Any rapid increase in Bond Prices (US and secondarily British & German) -> USDX to rise (lag 0 to 30 min)
Any rapid decrease in Bond Prices (US and secondarily British & German) -> USDX to fall (lag 0 to 30 min)

I’ve recently become lazy and stopped using bonds to help determine my bias going into LO. Consequently my trading deteriorated to about BE. Now back to looking at bonds, although now out of practice.

Fiber today - Bias currently Bearish, supported by H1 US5Y making higher high. Fiber failing, so far, to make lower low. Also Div 5Y 10Y 30Y. ie 5Y higher High not matched, Hence intend to stalk Short entry Fiber LOKZ, maybe will temporarily spike up on News 30in after LO.

So we got a little 40 pips bounce right on the button at 5300 - suppose no big surprise - question is what now.

Am watching 5280 with interest.

Fiber - similar at 13050

I went long on fibre at 1.3036. Caught that move, closed 90% again. Eye-ing 1.3095 for potential short if possible… hmm

We are right at the level I like to watch - equilib on previous AS and the previous AS high to boot. Early days yet though - freight train and all.

Very nice Fuzzybuggy, I am also Long.

Despite the overall bearish tone, I cant ignore the massive divergence we have between USDX and Fiber from 17th April to 22nd April… Fiber just refusing to go lower at any serious rate these days… Maybe it’ll give up soon :slight_smile:

LOL that was fast :smiley:

I guess thats why you should always take profits early lol. Stopped out for the remaining 10%, where my SL was halved anyway.

I was hoping for a little further move up, but nevermind. This move looks really strong. A slight consolidation followed by a further move down to 1.299 perhaps?

I’m staying out for now!

I must have been on the other side of your trade. LOL

went short 142 exten AR. 13080ish Often find that these extremes are stop hunted B4 News
TP1 57 pips - done
TP2 12977 - coming soon (locked in another 30 pips)

Good return to Trading :wink:

Looks like it has the legs, 1.30 the next target, then 1.2980… (I reentered short @ AR low retest - dont chase price, wait for it to retrace to key levels!).

EDIT: TP1 @ 1.30
EDIT: TP2 @ 1.2982

Letting a small portion ride to see how we go. If 1.2980 gives up, I’ll be looking at 1.2950 and 1.2920…

Amazing trading you guys… really

I just want to sit with you both in a room and watch how you work. Jonny I can’t see the AR low retest? I might consider getting back in at 1.3015 if it reaches there.

TP2 taken - close to 100pips

In pips per minutes this would be the best trade that I’ve ever made.

The high RR often makes these pre News trades worth it.

Look at the 1 minute chart, you will see it there. However, I was trading off a 15M. We ran down through the AR low, as the 15M candle started to retrace, I was looking to get short when it touched close to that AR low. It tagged it, then down it went again. You wouldnt see it on a time frame above about 5M, but just keep watching the levels. You could have taken the same trade off the 1H if you knew were the AR low was sitting.