Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Another stop hunt on News today.

Had a Pending Long at 142 extension, which expired (LO+1hr) just before it would have been hit. DD would have come within 3 pips of being stopped out (usual SL 26). TP1 (30pips) would have already been taken, so would eventually have ended well. However, I believe that staying within the LO+/- 1hr keeps me out of a lot of bad trades.

Now watching AR retest (as per Jonnycab), although no entry. Maybe another technique to add to my bow(?)

PS so far thhe bounce off the Ar seems to be working wellā€¦ Thatā€™s 2 out of 2 :35:

I was in short this morning at 1.2990 before the news (AR low retest), took 30 pips and the remainder was stopped out @ BE.

Bonds, once again, had me trailing my SL to BE pretty much immediately after the drop, big sell off on the 10Yr, then EURUSD rallyā€¦

Looking towards 1.3040 OTE zoneā€¦ (highs around 1.3030 vulnerable)

Yes, the AR retests are proving most useful these days!

Went back in again Long @ 1.30 to scalp up for the stop raidā€¦

Given that you risk 10-15 pips is your TP on such trades about 20-30pips?

Yep, 30 pips max when scalping against MS. Iā€™ll hold longer if its with the trend, which is why I was stopped out @ BE this morning, I left a portion on to see if we would run down some more.

Sometimes Iā€™ll hold a small portion on when against the MS, if we have some HTF levels that would be obvious targets, but generally (for me) its not worth it in most casesā€¦

is anyone else trading between LO - NYO?
just short, fading the fiber b/out against structure

Hi

Been following Mr ict for awhile and decided itā€™s about time I started posting. Got in short today on the OTE on fiber at 1.3009 (well close enough to OTE I guess!) and closed out at 1.2960. Was using a nice 10 pip SL, so pulled in a good 5:1 RR.
Funnily enough, I decided to go long just after that, based on a reflection patternā€¦ looks like it was the real move today! caught it at 1.2956 and just closed a few minutes ago at 1.3030. Stop loss was at 1.2950, so really reeled in a nice haul there. Not bad for today, hope NYO brings some more!

:18:
was going to post about a few trades long in aussie, short eur-sek, long eur-cad and short silver, but they not nearly as good r-R!

Hhhhm, donā€™t trade those currencies myself, ICT recommends cable and fiber only. Plus the risk and reward on cable and fiber can be just as great, just make sure you use very tight stop losses! Its easy if you enter on a M15 chart for enhanced accuracy, just watch the market structure for clues.

thatā€™s awesome mate, the passion, dedication, and such commitment from the start
no wonder you seek to learn the concepts in the very littlest detail.

did you try other frames for structure?
they can be like M15, only more or less of it

Not sure if youā€™re being serious or not thereā€¦ But yes of course, the higher tfs are where the real value lies for me personally. That long trade earlier was based on the break above AR high before the strong move downwards. That was the hint, well for me at least. Most of the news coming out of Europe is terrible, but at the end of the day we all kinda know where the Eurozone is heading donā€™t we.

of course 'm absolutely serious 100%, what you really mean?
that reminds of something, euro speaking ofā€¦

UBS report:
"Central banks are being forced to change stance. Following yesterdayā€™s weak PMI
data, the European Central Bank is now likely to cut interest rates on May 2.
UBS Economics expects a 25bps reduction in the refinance rate to 0.50%. That is
likely to push the euro down into a lower 1.28-1.30 range against the dollar. The
ECB is unlikely, however, to cut its deposit rate below zero just yet. Such a move
would shock investors and push the euro quickly below our year end target of 1.20. "

Fiber - entered long end NYOKZ at 61.8 Fib retrace 12984, confluence AR Low plus instro figure.
ie continuation trade.

fading pips,
38 in fiber, 55 in eurjpy

Good luck rod178!

Took the same, trade, lets see if we have the legsā€¦

If we can hold above that 1.30 level Iā€™d possibly let a portion ride, Iā€™ve taken some profits so far, lets see how we goā€¦

ended up exiting the two mtrades.
+20 and +10 on tight stops

Do not like holding this close to LC unless in an explosive move

Yo guys,

Was out today so I didnā€™t trade, but I had gotten short yesterday at 1.3015 on euro, took most of my profits and then got stopped out. That OTE long at 1.2978~ level looked good, good trading to you all!!

Took a long at LO in Cable but stopped at BE trailing too tight.

Did anyone stay Long in the Fiber into the AS.

I do not usually hold past LC except on a 15 pip trailing stop, hence out early. Often seems to me that those probing lower wicks (ie stop hunts), if survived, are a good reason to NOT tighten the stops as a substantial move in the opposite direction is probable imminent and MM profile now turned (?) Bullish.

Bias for today is Bullish at LO, most probably coming out near bottom AR, which is already 49 pips, halfway thru.

MM Profile heading into second day up, imho.