Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

hey Green, thanks for the invite
one hundred and thirty, what is going on :slight_smile:
i would be up for a visit to Bulgaria, inexpensive, beautiful places, good food

I have a philosphy in life, tested many times to the extreme, to always see and concentrate on the positive.

The old question of the glass being half full or half empty sprung to mind when I saw Artā€™s post.

A group of traders, as personified for example on this thread, are as strong, not of our weakest player, but of the sum total of all our strengths.
Can we indentify our strongest players? - nah we doā€™nt want to do that other than to satisfy ego, thankfully our thread is not about that, our thread is about learning and growing together.

The good thing about being in the newbie section is that we woā€™nt be swamped by starving hopefuls since they think we know nothing in the first place - they rush off to the holy grail or free systems sections :slight_smile:

This PA is really bothering me. 10 yr bonds are at a high for the year, USDX is making lower lows/highs with euro doing the opposite. I guess this is an indication that we can potentially see a strong move down on the euro - But when, iā€™m not sure.

I reckon looking at the euro today there would be stops placed at 1.3055. The AR high held well, would be a great place to hit stops. The high made right before the AR followed by that push down was an OTE short from the large swing from 25th April.

Also since the low of 26th to current price, a strong upwards pressure has been made, you can draw a de marco trend line through it. I reckon itā€™ll break that line for those under a breakout strategy, then go back into the trend line, above the AR to hit the stops, and fallā€¦

Or I could just be talking crap. I really donā€™t know, but iā€™m trying to contextualise market movements. If I can visualise the moves iā€™m sure trading would become alot easierā€¦

Just going to watch price for now until after the NYO and consider trading then.

When you become profitable, and if it is the kind of profitability that many can only dream ofā€¦ then you will realize what a drag it is to hang out with those struggling to get in the black.

When nobody is getting anywhere, like I assume is what is happening on this thread, you can maintain that belief that you are ā€œlearning and growing togetherā€. That only lasts until someone actually ā€œmakes itā€ and turns around and realizes what a sorry lot they were previously part of.

Furthermore, if you are bringing in double-digit returns month to month to month, what in the world are you going to learn from a trader that canā€™t even Breakeven?? The only thing I can imagine learning is the true meaning of Futility.

youā€™ve taken 2 nlp courses and imagine itā€™s very smart to say ā€˜beliefsā€™ and start sentences with ā€˜whenā€™.
matter of fact the most boring text 've read in like, the last two years, is yours.
when you find other places for sharing your understanding of approaching trading, the realization of truth will fall upon you in knowing youā€™ve not wasted your time and being better off for speaking to an audience that really appreciates you for everything you could be there

Iā€™ve really no clue what the hell you just said to me. Other than that Iā€™m boring. Do you complain about the markets being boring too?

ArtVandalay (cool name!)

We are all beginners here and we are making progress and want to keep the thread on topic. We will join you in the more experienced ranks in the near future but, like you said, its experience that counts and the journey that is important, which is why weā€™re here and doing what weā€™re doing. Philosophy and metaphors aside, if you have something to add value please do.

at the moment,
trendline on fiber h1 3rd touch and ote percent retrace,
but usdx pierced the 62 retrace, and 79 is at round 82.00ā€¦ this could be a target for the x

I do sympathise with what you are trying to accomplish here, but do you subscribe to what peterma suggested? That you guys are actually the ā€œsumā€ of all your strengths? By that logic shouldnā€™t you all be profitable?

Look up the meaning of Lowest Common Denominator, and hopefully youā€™ll see the value of the perspective I am sharing with you. That being, that you are not the sum of all your strengths, but are actually being held back by your weakest (and likely most vocal) players. Do yourselves a favour and run away from ā€œtrading groupsā€ such as this oneā€¦ as fast as you can

nope, itā€™s just you

You have some decent points about lowest common denominator, we can usually decipher those people a mile away. We found that surprisingly, the lowest common denominator on babypips arenā€™t the newbies who want to learn, but the proā€™s who tell people they are wasting their time, add zero value to discussion, donā€™t post results, troll, then say ā€œYouā€™re all bound to fail, I warned you, goodbyeā€. It happens infrequently, but they ensure their presence is felt.

Sum of strengths means we share things that work and donā€™t work. The weak players are quiet and listen or ask valuable questions.

I spend 95% of my time trading/back testing. I spend 5% of my time on threads seeing if anything valuable pops up. I can say that this thread, to me, is valuable. If you canā€™t find any value in this thread thats fine, find it elsewhere. Donā€™t troll though.

ArtVandalay if you would understand Michaels work, you would see that this forum and few members on here are making pips, as for me i only use this thread alone and only babypips, i dont care about other threads or forums, i just follow few ppl on here and compare my analysis to their analysis. Thats it, this is what i do and i dont think i need to run away from something like u sayā€¦

Euro Broken previous LTH. I couldnt find any possible entries to get that move, crazy.

ArtVandalayā€¦ Lol I know you!

Anyway, I can empathise with how you are feeling about this thread. One of its biggest downfalls is that not a single member ever posts a loss here. Can you imagine what effect that has on each member? Day in and day out they tune into the thread and see specific members supposedly pulling in thousands of pips, never seeing the slightest hint of a losing trade. They then look to their own trading and feel hopelessly pressurised into somehow also attaining such awesome results, so they latch onto the ā€œIā€™ve never made a loss in my lifeā€ crowd and hope that they can learn something from them. Itā€™s a sad cycle that no one has had the guts to break out of.

Whatever happened to the idea of learning more from your losing trades than your winning ones? Oh well!

3-Drive bearish in cable,
not a pattern that shows up often!
anybody wants to pick a top? :slight_smile:

iā€™ll post the pic soon

cable pattern, shows on h4 to m30

On the fibre I think another top could possibly form at 1.3102. For me, the price didnā€™t push low enough for me to consider it a bearish signal :(. Iā€™m probably missing something though. But yeah thats my guess. Iā€™m just watching for now.

Shorted the Fiber, on a perceived JS and Stop hunt at 200 ext at Big Figure. Still maintain my Bearish Bias
15 pip stops

Serious question: Aaron, is that you?

For me to go short, I needed price to break through the previous small consolidation, which it did. I sold on the retrace. 23 pip SL entered at 1.30875.