Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

I did the ‘live’ thing deliberately to show that inter-market analysis works even on scalps. Some have previously discounted the notion of smt divergence, usdx triad div etc, these tools simply are a means of reading inter-market influences.

Thanks Clint for the heads up on the Murphy book on this very topic, I see amazon have actually discounted the price.

Looks like it’s happened already :slight_smile:

Closed off the trade at 1.307. Slowly making back that 5% loss I did in April. The move was 80 pips but I had a very small amount left on. Still down 2% overall.

That is what the smarts were at yesterday.

Blame the daily bull flag on usd/jpy for what’s happening now.

BTW do not chase …

Sorry peterma,
If you get a chance you might go into more detail and explain this set up . I,m looking through my charts but i can,t piece it together
John

John, I was using the 10yr to chase price, I really suspected usd strength by the smarts, but I was not at my charts until nyo to trade anything.
When I opened the chart price had already fallen and was approaching the 3130 level where I felt there would be some level of support.
I will only chase if I get some sort of confirmation, like this evening I didn’t bother, there will be loads of entry possibilities off this latest (smart money) move which has been on the boil for a while.

The bond market was bouncing from 3120 to 3140 - could go either way, the 10yr was not reacting, it was determinedly heading to the day’s low, it reached the low as price had reached 3140, there were traders anticipating a bounce on the 10yr, it is often very technical, it was NOT leading price.

Being more predictable than the dancing of fibre many traders expected it not only to bounce but to bounce back to it’s high of the day - in that journey fibre would want to be going down.

Thus fibre ‘played around’ 3130, it’s last push up to 3140 was about 1 min before 10yr reached it’s destination, at that point anticipation of rise in 10yr was high, as soon as fibre began to fall everything was in place, fibre would fall, 10yr had somewhere to go - back up to it’s high - thus I figured 3080.

Now had I been watching usd/jpy instead of being on the forum I would have gone short fibre again, but heck that’s life :slight_smile:

Anyone thinking of catching a falling knife, 15 min - aud/usd , usd/jpy and us10yr - see how they are all aligned exactly the same on the 15min intra-day, decision time on all three.

Price was reaching up for weekly pivot s1 at 3017 when I posted above - the old me would not have seen that and more than often bought the bounce - fibre just fell from the s1 level just as it had reacted yesterday from that same level.

Bread and butter stuff but amazing how it still can catch out the unsuspecting.

The pivot points on my chart shows different price levels. Can anyone help fixing it correctly and my mt4 time is gmt + 3. Thank you

Could try ‘auto-pivot plotter weekly v1 -00’

The pp is aligns with my broker feed, s1 is only 4 pips out.

I know this isn’t real popular around here but I have a suggestion for anyone or everyone. Study the 1 min chart and just watch price tick. Write down what you see. It’s pretty cool, and eye opening. For me at least. You can almost see what price wants to do go higher or lower.

It is the logical conclusion to the concept of “Top-Down analysis”

Good on ya’

[QUOTE=“Allan4X;488441”]

It is the logical conclusion to the concept of “Top-Down analysis”

Good on ya’[/QUOTE]

So I finally put down the wow. And picked up a chart. It’s funny I spend 8 months thinking about charts but not much time actually watching them. My goal is LO right now just one hour. I’m writing down EVERYTHING in that hour. Last night I got so caught up I accidentally took an extra 30 min of notes lol.

Great… now all you have to do is Burn it! Haha

As you are intently observing… just keep in mind that you can become rich making 2% per week. Imagine that your average Stop is 20 pips and your average risk is 2%… that’s One trade that goes +20 pips (1:1)… once per week. You can make it scalping at key times of the day, but if you can develop a knack for those 100+ pip swings… you’re made dude (for life)

[QUOTE=“Allan4X;488452”]

Great… now all you have to do is Burn it! Haha

As you are intently observing… just keep in mind that you can become rich making 2% per week. Imagine that your average Stop is 20 pips and your average risk is 2%… that’s One trade that goes +20 pips (1:1)… once per week. You can make it scalping at key times of the day, but if you can develop a knack for those 100+ pip swings… you’re made dude (for life)[/QUOTE]

I’m actually doing my risk a little different and more outside the box. Extreme reward no risk.

Sure. You really don’t need anything fancy, but whatever works I guess. Don’t say No risk though, that’s a bit silly :23:

[QUOTE=“Allan4X;488455”]

Sure. You really don’t need anything fancy, but whatever works I guess. Don’t say No risk though, that’s a bit silly :23:[/QUOTE]

It’s not fancy at all. I just think people have a herd mentality. I’m sure we will all agree on that. Everywhere you look it’s do it like this or do it like that. I think everyone need to man up do their own thing. That’s what everyone is missing in my opinion. ICT’s tools are good I agree but you need to make them your own. And you’re right that was silly :smiley:

I assume you’re talking Tight Stops, which is the goal of course. But you still gotta know when to use a wider stop so that your good idea doesn’t get ruined with a little bit of normal volatility. Just keep in mind your targetted gains… and you’ll see that you can do amazing things with 15-25 pip S/L

[QUOTE=“Allan4X;488463”]

I assume you’re talking Tight Stops, which is the goal of course. But you still gotta know when to use a wider stop so that your good idea doesn’t get ruined with a little bit of normal volatility. Just keep in mind your targetted gains… and you’ll see that you can do amazing things with 15-25 pip S/L[/QUOTE]

I feel the goal is protecting my equity. And tighter than tight stops. But this is all theory at this point be a month before I test anything live. Right now I’m just observing picking which set ups I like. Which ones speak to me. In the end I have one trade.

And that’s one reason I’m observing. So ill know when to do what.

What do you consider tighter than tight stops?