Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

[QUOTE=“Allan4X;488469”]

What do you consider tighter than tight stops?[/QUOTE]

Instantly to BE. Scalping 10-20 pips closing 70%. Letting the rest run.

Proof is in the pudding.

I’ll take the neutral stance, but am positive the live market experience will tell you definitively if you’ve got something that fits you and your analysis

[QUOTE=“Allan4X;488472”]

Proof is in the pudding.

I’ll take the neutral stance, but am positive the live market experience will tell you definitively if you’ve got something that fits you and your analysis[/QUOTE]

Remember that offer you pmed as aquapip? What about that?

[QUOTE=“peterma;488402”]

Could try ‘auto-pivot plotter weekly v1 -00’

The pp is aligns with my broker feed, s1 is only 4 pips out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Peterma. That helped.

Yes Iya - very do-able, look at yesterday at nyo, I mentioned aud/usd usd/jpy and ‘alignment’, I suppose ‘structure’ would be a better word, it happens very frequently that you can get a clear line in the sand for a really cheap entry.

Fibre - by nyo a clear line was 3015 - Aud/usd 10026 and usd/jpy 10140 - by getting all 3 to align like that at the same time increases the chances of the line being respected.

Just something I’ve noticed.

Iya, I thought you were experimenting with the longer time frames? Did that not work out?

[QUOTE=“pipmart;488731”]Iya, I thought you were experimenting with the longer time frames? Did that not work out?[/QUOTE]

It’s working. Fine tuning. I haven’t given up I don’t believe in that. Just part of my overall plan. Right now I’m just studying.

Thanks peterma for reply.
Why did you suspect Usd strength from the smarts and also do you know if you can get 10 year t note on mt4
cheers John

I have thought hard about this very question, it’s not easy to quantify.

At first I was bullish euro (foreign currencies), I was aware of Draghi’s first attempt to talk down the euro which failed, he tried a second time, still little joy - many pros were saying this indicated euro resilience.

I was aware that Aud/Usd was in a buy zone on the daily - poised to rise - which confirmed the above bias.

But I was big time aware of usd/jpy - alarm bells were ringing, when I posted about the fibre AS going to be tight and on support I was sure that smarts were holding up fibre (see my reference to small daily range bars), they were waiting for the usd/jpy cork to pop.

I could sense that smarts wanted retail to buy foreign currencies (see post), therefore USD strength lay ahead.

There was little news to work so they used the little that existed.(I used babypips excellent calendar for this)

The daily on usd/jpy is a real teacher on the concept of ‘smart’ money - zoom in and check out the numbers.

Imagine being a retail trader and reading all the hype first time about the 100 level going to be broken - within hours.
Imagine ready to press the buy button - at 9950 - 50 pips there for the taking - the really wise pundits were talking of post 100 and how far it would go, sure it’s only 1:1, SL at 99.00 - sure-fire trade.

On the second approach to 100 I posted to watch out and cancelled - don’t like being a smart alec, but this time it was such a sure thing that you could enter even earlier - and please do not exit at 100 - there will be lots more to go.

The final and 3rd time price could not even make it past the 50, price fell, many were going short - the legs are gone according to those same experts.
At this point look at the lack of higher highs and refusal to go below 97.00 - see fibre daily zoomed in, see similar.

I only trade fibre but it is important for me to get a feel for usd via the other crosses, similar with euro.
It was obvious from eur/chf and eur/gbp that the euro traders had zero interest in what lay ahead, it was all usd.

The lesson for me in what has happened in the past week is the reality of ‘smart’ money.

Richard Wyckoff wrote of this concept in the 1930’s , not as a singular group but more of a collectiveness - not a conspiracy, just the way that ‘smart’ money and the markets work.

Even more so in our electronic age that this same ‘collectiveness’ is much more pertinent.

I like the way you see things and examine them through the bigger picture. I think i am slowly learning from you, it’s interesting.

Oanda provide an MT4 Bond data feed

You know peterma, as much as I whine about your spelling and ineffective use of apostrophes, I will most certainly admit that you are a pleasant ray of sunshine in this otherwise cold, dark cellar of learning known as BabyPips :wink:

It’s unfortunate that ICT didn’t maintain a similar level of authenticity whilst he was still around.

Lol - there’s a great article today on bbc news site about bad grammar and apostrophes - it seems bad grammar has been a bone of contention since AD63, and it is worse now in the social media age.

I edit a lot of my posts as I hate having an error in it. I like my post to have the correct spelling & a full use of punctuation; you’ll normally find correctly place apostrophes, colons, semi-colons, hyphens & other parenthesis.

With texting & social networking, the English language is dying a death. I got a text before along the lines of “Cud u wrk 4 me as I is goin 2 d bla bla bla…” & I had to read it 5 times to understand the whole thing. Now I just delete anything like that without reading it, write properly or don’t write at all.

That was well said! Although for your sake I’ll refrain from pointing out the irony my good sir!

hi all,
it’s awfully quiet here,
anyone has a story about this usd rally or something else?

by the way, ict taught smt cable-fiber divergence and it’s been useful when the pairs have been correlated.
today the pairs have been so, as can be seen in this eur/gbp 2-min chart very high compression:

correlation was not as good yesterday because eur-gbp was trending down.

with such eur-gbp chart one could assume correlation and divergence signals need work in other sets of eur and gbp pairs, for example eurjpy and gbpjpy, eurchf and gbpchf, and others

a gbpjpy trade on this idea, 29 pips this morning with exit before 6 gmt

Yes Ibe, SMT divergences is relevant because it is showing a break in influence, if the break is non fundamental then often it can be an indication of smart money at work.

The focus of my future learning is precisely this concept - how to ‘read’ market influences, both in the short term and the longer term.

An example in recent days has been the relationship between chf and usd, the daily usd/chf seems to be pointing to a change ahead? - there was market ‘talk’ about money flows from chf to usd during the recent bull run - is there signs of that flow tapering off?. - what effect would that have on aud/usd and obviously usd/jpy

On the trading side, I took a dangerous long at nyo on fibre - dangerous because it was against the obvious trend, safety existed in the ‘barrier’ of the 2900 and pp - this was not a scalp, I was trying to position because I suspect the dagger that has fallen may just be finished quivering.
I didn’t like that 35 pip drop in the afternoon because there was not a real reason for it, so came out at b/e this evening.

I suspect the AS traders will be a little nervous on the up side so without a reasonable cushion the trade felt more like a gamble so exit.

Update: - no sooner said than done - I see nervousness in cable and fibre now - glad I exited.

Can I just point out the one glaring mistake in my nyo trade - I bought above the AS high.
There is a wisdom in ICT’s exhortation to use the AS high/low as a filter, there is also a wisdom in extending the AS equilib a few days (where price has now stopped) - see how often it becomes s/r a few days later, like today at 2929.

[QUOTE=“peterma;490898”]Can I just point out the one glaring mistake in my nyo trade - I bought above the AS high.
There is a wisdom in ICT’s exhortation to use the AS high/low as a filter, there is also a wisdom in extending the AS equilib a few days (where price has now stopped) - see how often it becomes s/r a few days later, like today at 2929.[/QUOTE]

Yea a lot of my focus recently has been on just the asian session highs and lows. Pretty solid support and resistance.