Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Same here, dunno which way it will go, but looking at COT + HTF charts + MS = Still Bullish…

Thanks Peterma / Kuzia. The Ict mkt review has helped me to form the bias for my next trade and fingers crossed to see what unfolds.

possibly some seek and destroy comming up. especially on fiber. just “looks” perfect for s&d with all the highs and lows nearby and after this tight range days

I was bullish the euro early in the week - mainly because it refused to lie down despite Draghi’s repeated attempts.

Then I thought more about the usd, if I was aware of impending usd strength ahead and I was smart I would want to get as many longs on foreign currencies as possible, so I decided to stay out, and missed all the action today.

Would I have gone long today anyhow? - no, there was nothing I could see to trade except price chasing.

Now, interestingly, if I believe that price is being ‘pushed’ up then that old question - how far does it get pushed.

Hmm… One hr chart the high I would have liked to see breached - 3238 nyo May1 to the low I would have liked to see breached 3032

Fib from that high to low, price hit the 79% today and stopped - on pin bar 15min - 3 hrs earlier at nyo the stop was being heralded by the us10yr which had hit yesterdays low and had bounced and was continuing upwards.

So maybe tomorrow we’ll see a push for the fig and then I’ll be looking for a possible short, I’ll see.

Just out of interest what do you guys all still talk about on this thread now that the whole ICT cover was blown. I don’t want to initiate regurgitation of what has already been said with respect to him, but I’m curious as to why I keep seeing this thread with new updates?

Are people still following his methods, even though he proved himself that they don’t work (don’t shoot the messenger, he did that for himself on his live account).

[QUOTE=“Jezzode;487362”]Just out of interest what do you guys all still talk about on this thread now that the whole ICT cover was blown. I don’t want to initiate regurgitation of what has already been said with respect to him, but I’m curious as to why I keep seeing this thread with new updates?

Are people still following his methods, even though he proved himself that they don’t work (don’t shoot the messenger, he did that for himself on his live account).[/QUOTE]

No jezz he didn’t use his methods. And most of the stuff he taught is taught in the babypips school.

I guess it’s the same old chestnut… :wink:

[QUOTE=“Jezzode;487374”]I guess it’s the same old chestnut… ;)[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what that means lol? Maybe that we be already discussed this topic and that everything that can be said has been? And now it’s just the same stuff?

One thing I think he could have explained better was to do your own research. You’ve done that right jezz? Studied the charts and came up with your own trading model?

What ICT did was give a **** ton of tools. Way to many IMO. And everyone is trying to use them all or to many at once. What I think I personally should have done and everyone else is taken say the OTE and figured out where to use that exactly instead of pulling fibs all over the swings and trying to get into the market as much as possible. I should have sat down and studied to see where and when price makes a 70.5 percent retracement.

You can tell someone your system but they aren’t gonna know the finer details because they haven’t watched price move like you have.

That’s exactly what was meant by my reply - it has indeed all been said previously.

I would say that I don’t use ICT’s methods to trade, but then again if he suggest so many tools, then who knows, maybe we do share a common middle ground. I went down the path, as you suggested, of making my own trading model…any way that’s not important! I was just curious what you guys were talking about since I don’t really spend nearly as much time here as i used to.

if his methods dont work then most of technical analysis doesnt work lol. in my opinion it was the trader that failed. but these guys still talk about the tools. its a bit of camaraderie i think :D. i skim a lot i dont read their analysis lol but like your post i read or if theyre just talking.

Pull back has stopped at the 38 fib of today’s range, AS will maybe use that as support, suspect a tight AS range, no boat rocking, maybe a high of 75-80.

Good trading everyone tomorrow :slight_smile:

Michael has recommended John J. Murphy’s books on technical analysis and intermarket analysis — and his recommendations appear in the ICT Book Recommendations at the bottom of page 4 of the Glossary thread.

Murphy’s two previous books dealing specifically with intermarket analysis, published in 1991 and 2004, are now joined by his third book on that topic — Trading with Intermarket Analysis, John Wiley and Sons, 2013.

You can read a preview from Amazon.com, here —

Trading with Intermarket Analysis, Enhanced Edition: A Visual Approach to Beating the Financial Markets Using Exchange-Traded Funds (Wiley Trading): John J. Murphy: 9781118314371: Amazon.com: Books

As the sub-title indicates, this book emphasizes the use of exchange-traded funds (ETF’s) as a tool for employing intermarket correlations within a trading plan. But, this book is not primarily about ETF’s. It’s a book about the theory and application of intermarket analysis, as it applies to any major market, with examples drawn largely from the period 2000 to 2012.

The book is fairly pricey ($85), and it will probably be a while before gypsy copies are available for free on the internet.

If I hear from Michael that he would like to have this latest Murphy book added to his list of recommendations in the Glossary, I’ll add it.

did anyone trade something today?

had a long cable for 35 points on the news,
nice thing was the big spike in volume showing it was time to exit the trade

That same weekly pivot just offered some support, waiting for it to give way.

ICT is still on twitter, has a live myfxbook and his own website so still active for those that believe his methods work.
If you want to be successful in forex, you need to find your own system and method but there is no harm in using other people’s methods and this is exactly how I found ICT useful.
For all it’s worth, I still believe he is the genuine article, and as I’ve said before, it makes no difference to my trading if he is or not, but I think he deserves a level of respect for the huge amount of material he has given out.

Still didn’t get my usual entry signal so no trade as yet, although I suspect further fall to 3100, 3080 - no entry signal then no trade.

price was at 3131 at time of post

The ‘signal’ I was waiting on was the us10 to reach 13276, I was watching how price was meandering around the weekly pp while the bond was heading for it’s support.

Only when it got there, price had gone back up to 40, and was then back to 3131 was I confident enough to pull the trigger.

Update - now exited at the 00 - price wil probably fall some more when the us10 yr starts to rise, but the sl was 20, the tp was 30.

This is one of the ways I use the 10yr.

Wonder if USDX will break past 82.32… very close. Will hopefully expect Euro to fall past 1.307 maybe? However this 79% retrace is holding up pretty well.

Way to call em peterma. I was watching the figure like you hinted at Yesturday. It didn’t make it although you called the down day right on.

[QUOTE=“peterma;487457”]

Pull back has stopped at the 38 fib of today’s range, AS will maybe use that as support, suspect a tight AS range, no boat rocking, maybe a high of 75-80.

Good trading everyone tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

I was watching this level this week and had a good trade today (69 pips). I have got my two weeks’ target and awaiting the next key set up to unfold. HTF analysis was the key and inputs from people like you boosted my confidence. Thank you