Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

I didn’t take any positions last week. I had one buy order on Wednesday that didn’t get hit… NYO setup were kinda scarce. You LO traders should have had a HAY DAY. lol My bias is still short going into this coming week.

Yes Pipmart, tight AS session coming up, it will give some clues for the day ahead, the interesting thing is what happens around the 2880 inst level.

2900 has a lot of confluences, above that is 2950/80 - I would def look to sell there maybe wed.

I figure 2850 may give us some clues tomorrow LO, I suspect 2900 will remain unbroken tonight - good luck tomorrow.

See what I mean about pin bars and candlestick patterns - and the many ‘experts’ saying to sell at 85.90 , they were even more loud in early July, a few days after I had posted above.

Hi guys, anyone got a theory about what happend this night`? 300pips in the middle of the night :open_mouth:

Hi Richard, I sure can: Ben Bernanke opened his mouth. Then stuff like that happens. He reviewed the FOMC minutes.

I wonder every time if he is wondering how the markets are looking as he’s speaking and if he then rushes to a PC to see the action afterwards :slight_smile:

It could also have been an engineered move by smart money to take out stops. The question is whether there is risk appetite or not …

Anyone going to take power of three set up LO/NYO? :slight_smile: I might try a cautious long if something sets up nice…

Haha, thats explains alot :slight_smile: Thx :wink:

You guys know ICTs new Fxbook name? BTW he’s reposting his trade development plans on YouTube.

Here is a link for you guys to go talk about ICT and what is going on. Its great. Lets try and keep this thread focused more on trading. :slight_smile:
http://forums.babypips.com/melting-pot/51139-ict-119.html

Hi All,

The thread is being cleaned up. If you don’t see your post or it has been edited, it just means that it’s not contributing anything useful to the thread. Try to stay on topic and treat others as you want to be treated. Warnings/Infractions/Bans will be given to those who continually derail the thread.

You can post about your opinions for or against ICT on the ICT Thread at the Melting Pot Section.

Email us at <[email protected]> if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Pipzilla

[QUOTE=“Pipzilla;510317”]Hi All,

The thread is being cleaned up. If you don’t see your post or it has been edited, it just means that it’s not contributing anything useful to the thread. Try to stay on topic and treat others as you want to be treated. Warnings/Infractions/Bans will be given to those who continually derail the thread.

You can post about your opinions for or against ICT on the ICT Thread at the Melting Pot Section.

Email us at <[email protected]> if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Pipzilla[/QUOTE]

Finally. Trolls not allowed.

To anyone just checking in, the myfxbook is still live, had a total drawdown of 40%, is now back up to starting level and ICT is determined to keep his $1mill target at 30 months from now. Says he traded higher risk, then used a coin toss method, literally flipping a coin to choose trades, to show typical newb trading foolishness. Then he got back on track and brought the account to the starting point using his method.

[QUOTE=“Vinster;510338”]To anyone just checking in, the myfxbook is still live, had a total drawdown of 40%, is now back up to starting level and ICT is determined to keep his $1mill target at 30 months from now. Says he traded higher risk, then used a coin toss method, literally flipping a coin to choose trades, to show typical newb trading foolishness. Then he got back on track and brought the account to the starting point using his method.[/QUOTE]

Where is his myfxbook vinster?

I have been hesitating to buy the cable or fiber because the bond yields have been falling… the 2 yr really has come down. If this divergence hold, I will be shopping for long positions for sure. Thoughts?
[]([(http://postimage.org/)"] image upload no compression](http://postimage.org/) [image upload no compression)

Correlation between US bonds and the usdx has gone inverse this past 30 days

See here for help, DXU13 for USD and USU13 along the top , correlation at -89 this past 30 days

MRCI’s Inter-Market Correlations
See also the post on forexlive which makes sense when the correlation factor is known.

"US 10yr yileds underpinning the Dollar"
Forex Trading News, Breaking Foreign Exchange, FX Headlines ForexLive

So Peterma if it’s inverse at the moment which do you think will lead the other usdx or bond prices or will we just wait for an extreme move from bond prices and expect usdx to follow?
By the way very interesting chart from Moore Research I see in an old post of yours where you say something about high 90s pretty useless and you like 70 - 80s. What other ways do you use the correlations and does it help you much getting into trades if there was a large move in one how confident would you feel about jumping on board the other one
cheers John

Recently the us10yr was’ underpinning the usd’ as described by some - the recent correlation was inverse - however the past 11 days it’s back to normal.
quick way is to check on mt4 on Oanda’s site with the period seps on.

Correlation in the high 90’s offers little to me - both just mirrors.

It’s just one tool I use - I remember posting ‘live’ trading the fibre and using the 10yr for 20 pips I think.

Intermarket analysis is one my favourite subjects - for example this morning, before LO, I cancelled a short at b/e on Eur/Gbp because of the fibre action - I could see that 3200 was going to be a support level for the longs at LO and the resulting Euro buying could pull the Eur/Gbp up with it.

A little indi that I have been learning is ‘willspread’ which is really trying to measure relationships between markets - I have set it on the USDX and Fibre:

My notes last night: ’ willspread at buy ,price 3215, may amend my buy order tomorrow morn to 3200’
Although my reasoning was also to do with the fibre chart set up.

today I was looking for shorts in cable and expected a bounce off 15411 ish ddint happen so took a short at L/C,jumped in a little early at 15350 target was 15300 bingo got it was a mile stone for me and my trading its starting to work out, finished now for this month best month so far for me this year.:}

What caused the large 50 pip move yesterday at 20.00 gmt in fiber + I notice the inverse move bond prices had at that time with usdx
On a different note just noticing today coming into NYO that there is a lot of rejection @ 154 on cable also swing high in April same level might be worth considering