Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

This is exactly the thing I’m focusing on, and on the 5 min chart it did, within a PIP, now the question is, will it get to 1.2920?

I’m looking for a long at 12918 and a short at 12982

Hey mate were in Aus you from??

As for Fiber i’m long at 1.2927, OTE from 30th Oct low to 31st Oct high will see what happens.

Originally Sydney, now live in Perth

Note though, that yesterday showed a reversal market profile, call it an Elliot wave, Wyckoff schematics, Accumulation/Distribution, but indicating a bearish market, however the issue with it is, that it can ‘break down’ so there may not be a follow though to the downside, and going on the HTF’s it could well be the case.

For me though, what I’ve observed from focusing solely on the levels, is that for a long, 1.2927 isn’t quite close enough to the 20 level for a long.

EDIT: but importantly like ICT said in his Chris Lori video, you want to work to your own parameters, in your own trading plan.

Interesting scenarios playing out this morning, was that a stop run on the Cable or are we going higher?

Im short from the retest of 1.2950 around 08:15GMT (testing the “getting back in sync with the market” idea should you miss the start of the move), but Im keeping a tight SL. Quite a bit of indecision around that 1.2940 level at the minute on the 15M.

But there it is jonnny, @ the 20 level, have we got the EURUSD secret code?

Point taken and appreciate the advise. As for the HTF that was part of my reasoning for taking the trade as I expect the price to go up given the current market structure.

I agree that it wasn’t close enough to the 20 level as it would have provided a “higher probability” setup. But from my experience it doesn’t always hit these levels, so I’m happy to take the trade.

Your in Wales right?? I’m headed there in December going to Aberystwyth. Anywhere you can recommend to check out?

It wasn’t close enough for me, but within your plan, it may well be fine, it’s just one detail, and 5 pips might not work within your plan, stick to your guns if it’s right within your plan, and remember I’m on an experimental journey with this, but what is absolutely clear is that these levels are key with the EUROUSD.

Abserystwyth, boy I remember some wild times in my younger days, not been there for years, so I couldn’t really suggest anything really, loads of nice little villages up and down the coast, Barmouth is worth a visit with unusual little shops, and also Aberaeron is quaintly beautiful, not much there really, but it’s just a beauty spot.

I dunno about secret code, but it does seem to offer up some impressive risk/reward opportunities!

10 pip SL, 50% TP @ 20 pips… 1% risk, 1% profit so far…

Yes, it’s quite ironic for me, ever since I started in Forex, I have always aimed for that kind of thing, I’ve always thought it has to be possible, and now I’m more convinced than ever.

From this exercise I’m taking this lesson, I’m sure this will resonate with most, start off in forex, try everything under the sun, and I did, then I focused on the Cat & Mouse strategy, and it did work for me, it was just one specific thing to look out for, then I went VSA, and that started working, just by focusing on VSA, and one particular aspect of it, i.e. the trend continuation aspect, but there is a number of elements to get that right.

But now by taking a ‘break’ and just focusing on 1 element, i.e. the levels, it’s been quite a revelation, as I’m sure a lot of us see, nothing else, not even the HTF, just the levels for the purpose of learning about them specifically, and what does ICT keep drumming on about, exactly that, do the same thing over and over again until you get that aspect.

I remember a crash course I went on, and the tutor was using this example, when you’re driving, focus on one aspect more than the others, ok with driving you can’t exclude steering if your concentrating on changing gears, but focus for a while on changing gears more than anything, and your gear changing will improve on autopilot in the long run.

Missed my Long entry 12918 by 6 pips. Still consider it a good chance (50:50 is a good chance) that it will go to a little over 12980 before reversing to the downside.

Yep, I could see this happening during NYO, its definitely pushing hard to the upside… a bit more momentum and its there…

I closed out the remaining short just below the 50 level (pretty much at BE)

12950 now eating dust, although getting close to NFP release, so will cancel order within the next 25 min

Need it to rise 25 pips before then

We’re in OTE territory now for another short based on todays range…

Lots of news coming out soon + NFP tomorrow.

I think Im done for the week now. I didnt expect to get much done this week, but its been pretty good!

close to 90 retracement. 12980 getting close. About 20 pips to go, although time may be running out. Note also at the 127 fib sits slightly above 12980

Still suspect that the Banksters will want to take out the stops above 12980, as well as suck in some 12950-12970 shorts, before NFP release

It’s worth a punt

I’ve a funny feeling having read both this thread and Petefader’s that you may move to another revelation shortly :54:

normally this would have closed around 67, let’s try for 80 this time :41:

my 12982 short expired before NFP release.

Subsequently manually entered at 12980.

edit: noted that the high did hit my 12982 entry target, to the pipette.

I like that comment, it’s a bit sarci, a bit humourous, a bit of a dig, all in one short line.