Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

jonnycab - did you short at 12980 ?

ppfx - you must have a following LOL !

Nice job, I didnt place an order, but my feed peaked at 1.29835, good call!

Lets see how far it moves :slight_smile:

Iā€™m just over the moon I tell you, I was long at 48, TP at 80, itā€™s just working innit, itā€™s working for us all, reminds me of playing Donkey Kong :slight_smile:

What is your spread?

What I like most is that trading the instro levels facilitates quickly tightening the stop once the penetration wick is formed. Often less than 10 pips.

Have you viewed the Lori video on ā€œtrading the figureā€ ?

PS Donkey Kong ? - is that like ā€œPin the Tail On The Donkeyā€?

The spread is 0.8 pips

Mine is about the same (0.9), although my feed peaked at 12982.

PPF, how do you determine what way it will go? i mean after it hits 1.2950, how do you determine whether i would go to 1.2980 or 1.2920?

Yes, 10 pips does the trick, lets not get too carried away though, characteristics can change, but even stillā€¦

No not seen it, couldnā€™t find it, is it for paid members? Iā€™m not sure if I need to, between us I think weā€™ve nailed this big figure thing - thanks guys.

Donkey Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It didnā€™t make it to the 20 level, so I took a bullish view, then on the 5 min, look for support at the next level after the 50 was broken.

Practice that one thing, focus on those levels and nothing else, at worst it will give you great grounding for the bigger picture.

Yes - paid members - part of the complete Forex course

Thanks PPF. so you take bullish view bc 20 level not touched. but ididnt really get why you bullish when closest support to 50 level was broken. could you be more clear on that?

Please, how can I interpret this? Iā€™m trying to read the SMT divergence here. On the left the Fiber made a 35 pip stop run (first arrow) then a lower high (second arrow). ON the right, Cable made a little stop run (first arrow) then made a higher high (second arrow.) The divergence was pretty extreme. Iā€™m having trouble discerning which pair is the leading pair and if these means the Cable is coming down or the Fiber going up. In this case, the Fiber went up and the Cable hesitated until they aligned and they both dropped. How can I read this in advance? Was this a Cable sell or Fiber buy? Thanks in advance. (Iā€™ve watched all the ICT videos)

It wasnā€™t really that clear, not like the short from the 80 level, some are clearer than others, itā€™s the trading decision you need to make, just practice it, just that nothing else, like Iā€™ve done for a week.

Since positive news came out of UK and gbp rallied the correlation has been whacked out of place. If you take a look at usdx and fibre they have been moving very closely and i havenā€™t been able to spot and divergences, however cable is not moving in tandem with fibre nor usdx inversely any more.
So all i do now is just see if there are any deliverances between usdx and fibre as cable is out of tune. I have been told that this happens when certain news come out , but in the long run things should settle back to the way it was hopefully:)

Do you pay attention to the market structure with this concept ?

They do, but you didnā€™t have to say anything.

You just made a post just so you can say you werenā€™t praying for himā€¦

Almost tagged in for another short at the 1.2950 retest, missed by 2 pips :slight_smile:

Good call on the short from 1.2980, nice pip haul!

Yes I did, the post said that [B]we[/B] were praying for him, and I thought it rather presumptuous, I was just clarifying.

Now drop it and move on.

Iā€™m repeating myself here, but I think itā€™s worth while, what Iā€™ve been doing for a week is just focusing on the levels, nothing else, for the purpose of just getting that element perfected.

When I start live trading again, other elements will be used, pivots, MS, etc etc. like before but I know I have a perfected element in my trading.