Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

I calculated them myself from historical data pulled from dukascopy

A question for anyone who might know this:

A while back I had a great time following InnerCircleTraderā€™s youtube videos detailing his attempts to turn something like $10,000 into a million over several years (canā€™t remember how many years was the goal). I havenā€™t been able to see the results of this trial lately. Has anyone else been able to do so? I am really curious as to whether this can be done.

Thanks.

Of course it can be done, even with just 2 years. He posted a video a month ago or so where he showed the calculation that even with just starting I think with 3000 you can ideally make your first million with 3 years, by using only 2% risk maximum.

GLGT:57:

Iā€™m not bragging, just reelingā€¦

I opened three short positions (and no other trades other than one small intraday) last week based on SMT divergence of bond rates and the fact that bond yields are declining in general so EUR should go down. I used a small position and wide stop risking 2% of acct val. Those positions are now 160+ pips in profit and Iā€™m trailing stops using fractals like ICT said to. I made a Sunday trading plan intending to stay out of the market Monday (like ICT advises) waiting for the weekly low to be established (ICT say this usually happens on any given Tuesday). I was sitting like a tiger in the tall grass waiting for this morningā€™s stop run. I got in at the OTE at 61.8% near 6am NY and got out at the weekly open price (which I never even knew would offer S/R). I only risked about 0.75% this morning but made more than a full percent. The live account is up more than 5% with the open positions and my TP today.

ICT, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! Seriously thank you for what you are doing.

Did you jump in for this one? Couldnt help myself (after last weeks discussion about the institutional levels) and took it for a few pips.

Just had my short from 1.2820 filled, wrong time of the day I thinkā€¦ :frowning:

Missed the entry by 1 pip @ 14:15GMT, left the order openā€¦

Will see how it pans outā€¦ Iā€™ll be keeping the SL tightā€¦

Thanks, this is good to know. I understand that it is theoretically possible to do so, but I guess I am wondering if anyone has done this on a consistent basis. I think one would need to have some insanely high ROI to even contemplate this, yes? Something like 300% yearly? Can anyone make those kinds of returns year after year?

Well the trade idea was good for 20 PIPS werenā€™t it, these levels are more important than I have ever noticed before, at a guess you got stopped out at BE?

I was looking at the chart this morning and it just looked like that 80 level wasnā€™t going to break, it was soup, then market structure is turning bullish on the 5m, soon as it cleared the 80 level after the MS change, it didnā€™t go there again, then whereā€™s the next stop? The 20 level.

There were also other confleunces, not least the move size measurement I showed this morning.

Definitely, 30 pips to be exact! (Rule: 30 pips max intraday scalp counter-trend)

It basically bounced straight off the 80 and tagged the 1.2810 about 20mins later.

I closed my other short for about 3 pips around 18:00 GMT, I should have canceled that order around 16:00 after profit taking hour, but got caught up with something elseā€¦

Sorry Rod, but Iā€™ve been like a little boy in a sweet shop waiting all day to put this on.

Last week, we had a telling off :slight_smile: do you remember?

I had my eye on it, but I was only focused on the levels, I didnā€™t want to be distracted, Iā€™ sure some others got it, I think Vinster clearly did, but thatā€™s why I was long from below 80 this morning :wink:

Anyway, remember what ICT said, ā€œI didnā€™t see anyone talking about it on the forumā€

So this week I think we have something to talk about;

Assuming the price wonā€™t move much.

Tweezers! But also, on The NY daily (Open at 5am GMT), it has the potential to end up as railroads, or is it trams?

well it does look like tweezers. Is this then an engineered reversal? with the lates break of the lows would expect a further drop off or are we heading for an OTE from the ITH (1.3020) of october 31st?

Anyway, remember what ICT said, ā€œI didnā€™t see anyone talking about it on the forumā€

So this week I think we have something to talk about;

Assuming the price wonā€™t move much.

Tweezers! But also, on The NY daily (Open at 5am GMT), it has the potential to end up as railroads, or is it trams?[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on catching the thermal. Provided you pulled the chute in time it was OK. Fiber price now dropped to 12785. Ouch!

I was looking to short the cable. Missed my entry my a few pips. It hit the 61.8 to the pip. Too bad I was lurking at 70.5

Bias remains bearish

The last three Novembers have been big sell of seasons that continue until the new year. Before that was pre-2008 and everyone knows the markets got weird 2008 and after because all the biological science PhDā€™s showed up and started making money hand over fist using 5000 line formulaā€™s and latency arbitrage.

This is a down (I think) that we wish we were on and should have seen coming. 1.2763 was the completion of an AB=CD pattern (sorry, I know this isnā€™t an ICT technique but it does work along with a few other pretty reliable ones in conjunction with confluence) which calls for a pull back. Street money sees a fall, they get in at a low with tight stops so the market has to wash their positions out before continuing down. As long as Bond yields are falling, the REALLY big money will continue to move the EUR and GBP down in a trending fashion the intraday banks like JP will ride the wave taking out as many of us as they can. Iā€™m happy to ride this trend down.

This is the bonds divergence I saw. Lower highs on the 5y EUR and 5y GBP and higher highs on the 5y USD, then a universal drop. H/H USD means USD up, then everyone down means USD up. All this after a notable consolidation and in sell of season. Honestly I could be completely wrong but this why I got in. I was looking for clues as to where the market would go after this consolidation and the bonds was the clue I needed.

Iā€™m scaling into this one. I would like this to rally up to the weekly pivot point to get in again and Iā€™ll keep selling, taking partial profit, the leaving some in. Last year this sell off was 1600 pips. YESSIR!!

Update version 1.15

version 1.14 produced an error for GMT< -5 hours. eg Los Angles Time GMT -8

Version 1.15 rectifies this issue.

Trading Times Offsets15.zip (24 KB)

Looking at the Fiber and Cable

Higher Lows may indicate that a trend change is about to transpire

Bias - undecided

now thats one hell of an asian rangeā€¦

Holy cow, itā€™s at the weekly pivot point. Iā€™m short again.

Maybe the trend is changing and Iā€™m completely wrongā€¦

I think this is a stop run to shake out the street money. It seems the institutions are in agreement about where to go and it isnā€™t up.

But what do I know - donā€™t anyone follow my advice.

Fiber - Iā€™m waiting for a potential long at 12820
close to 61,8 retrace current AR

ie after stops are run and if it retraces

OMG Asia are you crazy baby?