Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

1. Sometimes you don’t know and miss the move. No harm done.
  2. Sometimes you don’t know and get in the wrong way. If you get in at OTE , move stops and take partial profit that’s okay too because the risk/reward of trading that way allows for mistakes.
  3. What would put you in line with the higher time frame and in line with the personality of the trading session? Asia doesn’t like making new H/L and often minor S/R will contain it.
  4. What will put you in line with PA on the 1h and above. If the market is barreling down the hill midweek, do fellow bankers want to get in each other’s way? On a killer rally or sell off, often the retracement is only to the 382, just enough to take partial profits and wash the market out a little before the rally continues.

Okay, I’m flat for the week. Will look for a rally to sell early next week. Earned enough on the account to take the wife for dinner and dancing. (Real men take their wives dancing). I can’t thank Michael enough for what he has shown us.

[video=youtube_share;-4w1S1kNSE0]http://youtu.be/-4w1S1kNSE0[/video]

Thought I posted this in the thread last night… but it didn’t post apparently.

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Just dont let this happen again ICT. It like feeding crack to a crackhead if I dont get my dose I might start having convulsions and go postal around here.

You wouldn’t want that now would you?

Michael, what is the difference between this thread and the millionaires guild thread?

Wow, I got out too early. This thing is still going down. I should get fearful and greedy and jump in again now but way over leveraged because I don’t want to miss this! Oh no the market turned against me! Stupid, stupid, why did I do that?! boohoo. Now I’m going to spend 3 weeks browsing zulu trade for a guy that I think can trade for me.

The Pro Trader’s Club thread is daily reviews and tool application.
The Millionaire Traders Guild is a “Plan Based” approach to the tools.
The What Every New & Aspiring Forex Trader… Still Wants To Know is the Origin or Source of the material and the intended start to this wonderful journey… that takes another Quatum Leap in December. :57:

So posting plans and strategies is better there and posting live trades using the tools we’ve learned here is correct.

Be careful, I don’t thing the fabric of the trading space time continuum can handle another quantum leap. I’ve had my mind blown so many times in the last two weeks, I’ve resorted to just bagging my head to keep the blood off the walls.

I am wondering the same too…

ICT I see you are online…

Any chance you can help me out with this one? I’d really appreciate it.

I don’t think the people answering really understand my question. I am not asking how to use this together with all the other tools, directional bias or support and ressistance.

Each tool can be broken down individually, I really need this “broken down”. Excuse my comparison or faults that it may contain, it’s not the point… The asian session is… Lets call this a car’s altinator, I know it can’t turn unless connected to the fanbelt, that does not turn if not connected to a pully that is connected to the engine. It also means nothing if not hooked up to the car’s battery. I’m not asking about the Engine, fanbelt or the car’s battery, I’m asking on a diagram on how the altinator actually converts kenetic energy into electric energy.

I hope that makes sence :stuck_out_tongue:

Thx again guys

Sybrand

Hi Michael

Many thanks for all your efforts. I am going through all your videos…great resources for newbies indeed!

i must be one of those 3 guys still left looking for a long in E/U… so here i am… long 2693, stop 20 pips. i’ve been looking for motive for couple of days now, and found one with weekly trinities overlap around 2690, 162/200 extensions for the last two weeks, and pivot ws2. what’s it going to be, flying dog, swimmer or plunger?

Hey, I got a shout out. Sorry.

The green box in the middle is asia. It looks like the pattern you show for going up except the market went down. Asia’s range didn’t predict where the next day would go, the higher TF’s did. London opened and did the turtle soup thing at the top of the range indicating it would go down, but it wasn’t influenced by asia. London just has to run the stops in the morning. The higher TF’s gave us a down bias for the day, the weekly pivot point had already been traded (which it is about 70% of any given week), giving us more confirmation that it would go down and the market had been washed Tuesday night to the upside. London will also run the stops monday or tuesday in a week meaning the rest of the week will trade opposite Monday and/or Tuesday, but this week asia ran the stops for them. As I see it, Asia had no predictive value apart from what is seen in the higher TF’s. I don’t know but I don’t thing a U-shaped pattern or number of zigzags or a particular range during asia tells you at all what will happen the next day in London apart from your weekly analysis. We expected some kind of stop run early in the week so in that case, Wednesday morning was a day very likely to sell off, but again it only made sense looking at the higher TF’s.

Hope I understood your question and if not, I won’t spam the board again.

Asia

LOL no problem, this sort of discussion helps me get my own thoughts in order too!

Yes, I see exactly what you’re saying for the Fiber trade. My analysis would go like this when Im trying to determine my entry:

1. Am I bullish or bearish? Very bearish market structure,
  2. What range are we currently trading within? The high on 7th Nov to the low on the 8th.
  3. Where does the OTE lie? up around 1.2830 on my charts.
  4. What does that mean? It means we have to trade above the monthly S1 which is also a Big Figure, very psychological, and by as much as 30 pips to get to our OTE point. Do we have enough of a driving force to achieve this?
  5. I guess we probably wont, the hugh upside push was one of the steepest we’ve seen in past few weeks, fueled by the elections. Apart from that, upside momentum has been reasonably slow.
  6. A bounce off the S1 is more likely. So make a note of it.
  7. What other entry points might be likely? The 1.2780 ofcourse, why? Look left, stops from the drop yesterday will be resting there for those who caught the move yesterday downwards. Look left again, another range of cosolidation with lows around this level. Its also an institutional level.
  8. Are we going to see resistance here? Very likely.
  9. If we get resistance here, keep an eye out for struggling prices and OTE entry points on the 5M chart, OR setup the limit order for the turtle soup scenario based on observed price action around this point.
  10. If we hammer through the 1.2780 level with little or no resistance, then start looking to that S1 figure.

The Cable for me was an easier trade this morning, right of that OTE sweet spot and then dropped off big time. It was more likely to see a retracement to this level because it needed less of a push up to get there compared to the range we were working within for the Fiber.

Im not sure if I’ve just clouded the issue even more, but with all these things, you have to be flexible! :smiley:

You may get some upside depending on the US data that is coming out shortly.

Got a nice bounce off the predetermined 1.27 level! (same goes for the 1.5910 pre-marked level) I was using both those respective levels as downside objectives this week. I cant remember why I had 1.27 highlighted on my chart, but its been there for a while now! Must check the notepad :slight_smile:

Vinster,

Did you watch Exploring The Asian Range - Inner Circle Trader - YouTube yet? That is the video I am referring to.

Could anyone inform me - from what tracks(s) and album does Michael source his background music? ie the last PTC video.

yes, 2700 is a swing point on d1 back in June, and a 0.5 retrace of the most recent upswing on H4 that broke through that level on the way up. One over other it could have been support, though with the current market falling left and right, “notsure” till noticed the fib extensions. it may work! :slight_smile:

BTW

Did any one notice this from the last PTC vid?

Just a quick question… Now that the market maker profile has completed it’s self, do we start looking for buying oppertunities?

We have a london close killzone coming up now also the 1.5900 figure with the dollar index trading at 81 OTE top area. We also have divergence on the EUR and GBP charts.

EDIT: You might see the consolidation better with candle sticks and a 15m chart

I will not comment on if you should be buying as I dont trade these pairs but what I will say is I would start watching COT data closely. Cable is running near 10 year lows. EUR has followed suit. I am not saying to start buying but start watching for a change in tone or extremes in COT data. Then combine that with market flow and play ball