Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

I guess you’re looking at Barcharts.com, the explanation is here: Futures - Commitment of Traders Reports (COT)
you can still get the old Comms,Small and non up om the charts.

Wally

Hi PPF, I read this a while ago and have been meaning to ask you. Do you use Oanda’s MT4 platform? I much preferred their non-MT4 platform with it’s easily movable stops etc. but I figured I needed to use MT4 for research/planning/plotting etc. so I forced myself to convert. I’ve found MT4 a lot less user friendly when it comes to placing trades though. Do you use both(i.e. one for planning/charting, and one for placing trades)? Thanks a lot for any info you might be able to provide.

Hi, i know the question is for PPF, but maybe i could give you some options for thought.:22:
Just a thought! Mt4 has plenty of E.A.'s that move stop’s to break even at predetermined level. You can also try doing your analyses on mt4 demo and placing trades on Oanda own platform, i think ICT does majority of his analyses on forex.com mt4 and then has a separated computer for placing trades.

Yes. I took away that Asia does not like to make new highs or lows, that the market will range or retrace because of that. I saw nothing in there that says Asia adds any particular kinetic energy to the next days trading. Because it ranges, newbies place pending breakout orders to both or on side. It is a platform off which London jumps. Because of the little range London has to make the following days high or low if it wants to go anywhere. He said the video was not about trading Asia’s range but seeing how it fits in the bigger picture. I’m no expert but I don’t think the range itself tells you what will happen next, but that whatever will happen next, will happen after Asia so watch for it.

[B]AUD/USD 15M Chart[/B]

I’m just curious if I’m doing this whole Market Maker Profile correctly. I studied the video and went with the Aussie since this is what you were going over in this video.

At this time on the Daily Chart we are in a Bearish OTE setup. Zoom down to a 15M Chart shown below, you can see we are in a Market Maker Sell Profile with the Daily OTE at a previous High and previous Resistance level. Since this Market Maker Sell Profile has been underway we recently went into a Bullish OTE. There is no way of knowing if this Bullish OTE will hold or fail so we take some profits and set stop to breakeven to let the market determine which direction it wants to go next…Correct?

To me if this is going to be a long term Bearish Market, but I take 50% off at this point, then it seems like I left a lot of profit behind. Is there a certain way you look at these MMP’s to determine Long Term trades and not just the Short Term trades? Curious to how you go about this, deciding if it’s a 50-150 pip hall or possibly hold out for a 600 pip move.

Well if I may pip hanger offer my thoughts here since I am currently short and this is my pair :slight_smile:

Market structure is down right now. I was able to get short @ 1.0470 as it was a resistance level and OTE on the daily. We also had an OTE at resistance on the 15 min so this give me a lower risk entry. Also had pin bars, pivots. I must pause you real quick and tell you to actually look at the daily (zoomed the same as this chart you show) I do not see this OTE that is on your chart. So even though it is on your chart as an OTE go to an actual daily and you will see there is no OTE. In fact on the daily we are half arse at a support level. For this reason instead of cashing out my whole position I cash 50% and moved stop to BE.

Based on your 15 minute chart I can see how you might think price a positioned to go up but remember you are on the 15 minute. Based on this chart you are looking at about 5-6 candles on the daily. Well this is not enough candles on the daily to tell what it is saying. Especially not an OTE. The 15 min dont make an OTE in 5-6 candles why would you think the daily is any different.

No offense but if you are going to reference the daily chart actually look at a daily chart not a 15 minute chart. Also another note from trading the Aussie, look at S/R on the daily not really OTE it works good on the daily but you will get thrown for a loop more often than not. You have no guarantee OTE will work. So IMO it is best to let price hit S/R on the daily and see price get denied then drop to lower timeframes and then look for an OTE. Th ereason you will look for OTE on a lower time frame is by the time you see price has been rejected at S/R on the daily well price has already moved so now you must wait for the rebound into OTE then look for a short.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say

Hey Vinster,

Thank you for the intrest in helping me!

I think you should watch that video again. Watch it from where ICT starts working on the MT4 platform, you see that by looking at the asian range he can tell if it is going to be a up or a down day. Also note that the Judas did not happend on any one of the days in the London Open time frame. So if you were to trade the “break out” theory, it would have worked… Still again not my focus… I am starting to think that the accumulation like the accumulation in any other time frame means that there is a strong move away from a certain level, not always a trade up or down into a certain level but you need to look at what side the momentum is on in the asian range.

So if the asain range basically only traded lower and did not really form a bottom and return up, that the momentum is to the down side. If the market traded down and then all of a sudden with a lot of momentum traded up then it’s the “Smart Money” getting into the market and forcing the market up, thus the momentum is to the up side. Also the same if you reverse what I just said.

If you look at the 3rd gray box on the AUDUSD chart that he starts of with you’ll se that the market made a top and returned, but still he marks it as an up day. If you look at the momentum on the move up in that day and you compair it to the bounce and then the down move you’ll see that there are allot more upside momentum compaired to the down move or the bounce.

The thing is, I don’t want to confuse you with something you don’t follow but if you watch it again you might just spot what I am looking for :stuck_out_tongue:

If any one els is also following my question and can answer it please feel free to jump in.

Thx again

Sybrand

Also the other video called ‘trading the asian session’ provides insight on this session - there is a brilliant portion on not only trading this session but how it can be viewed in relation to the ny session just closed and the london session up ahead - see from 35mins onward.

See too an interesting aspect of ICT Grail used on the Asian session PTC video 07/15/12 at 39 mins

Hi bobmaninc, hope you don’t mind me adding to this,
Also Hello everyone I am new to this Forum & I have been following ICT for quite a while now, and have great respect for Michael & what he is doing to help people become profitable traders.
My thoughts on this but I don’t normally trade this pair - looking at the daily chart if you draw the fib from the high of 1.06246 to the low of 1.0150 price hit the OTE bang on to the pip, also most probably taking out some stops resting above the 1.04750 level. Also looking at the Daily chart the immediate trend is up so I feel maybe a test and bounce of the Monthly Pivot which is at around the 1.0325 level, I feel some more stops will be taken out then a move North to either test the highs creating a double top at 1.04776 or an OTE, the reason for my thoughts is this momentum is up on the Daily’s - Price never turns on a major scale on a Dime unless a major unexpected rate decision change , it always comes back at some point, secondly their was a large amount of volume on that day which could mean the Big Banks were dipping their toes into the Market on that Day. Looking at the Monthly chart “Big Picture” AUDUSD is in range mode with a possible big move to the downside, if this stays in a range for quite some time further on the horizon is December 4th Rate Decision day this could move the pair
Hope you don’t mind my input.
Regards,
Drew…

Is there a notification mechanism for new Livestream sessions. I follow ICT on Twitter, although seems that the upcoming Livestream sessions are often not flagged.

If you have the Livestream app on your phone it will message you as soon as ICT steps in the Live Room.

Bob,

I just want to say I am currently short at 0475 and 0420 on this pair, may analysis is pretty much the same as what you were saying. The reason I am looking at a 15m chart is to illustrate the Market Maker Profile. The red resistance 1.0480 is off the daily chart.

I just have a hard time determining if we are in for a long move down or if this is just a small bounce on daily before we continue back up.

I believe we are going to see a lot lower prices in the Aussie, just don’t know how to figure this out for sure or not.

AK this is for you…

Since we are talking about the Aussie, and I forgot to answer AK’s question from awhile back, I thought I would post this…

This is how I add to my positions, not sure if it’s the correct way of doing it or not…

You can see on Nov 7th we ran up into Daily OTE, 0480 Key Level, Ran recent Stops at 0473, LO Killzone into R1 Pivot Level.

My First Entry was at 0475 which is the riskier in my eyes then the other entries.

My Second Entry, I wait for a 3 Bar Swing point to occur, which we get on Nov 8th. On Nov 9th I waited for a pull back into OTE which you can see got hit at 0424.

My Third Entry, I wait for 5 Bar Fractal to form, This is where we are currently at in the market. I will now wait for Monday’s London Open to see if I can catch another OTE to get short on…

Then once I get enough money saved up and I’m able to have 2 different accounts. I would use the other account to day trade and milk the rest of the move down getting in at any pull back during LO Judas and hopefully exit with at least 30 pips and trying to hold for 1500 GMT.

I hope this helps out with your question you had on this AK…

When you get that feeling of “i cant lose, this trade is perfect!”, close the whole thing out (or at the next price objective level) and start looking to get back in again :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ve been there too, its a horrible feeling, which is why I try not to hold for too long now. I’d rather have 200 pips “now” than potentially take 120 (or less) because I was stopped out, only for it continue on in the original direction anyway.

Its a tricky thing to manage, but always protect those pips once you have them :slight_smile:

I am currently trying to figure this out myself or at least try to find the best possible way of catching most of the move.

One option is to hold for the 200% extenstion from the swing that started the move.

Another option is to place stop above daily Fractals.

And something I just started messing with is to use the market structure indicator to place your stop only above intermediate term highs. if you look at most long term moves using this method it looks very promising as once the move starts to change direction it will post a intermediate term high close to the change in direction then breaks it and the market will then start a new trend. This is what i see anyways but just started messing with it recently.

Hi Bob

First off, nice trade. Secondly, could you please post a chart to show how you came to the conclusion that market structure is down? I would like to see how yourself and others came to the conclusion that market structure is down?
My opinion is that we are seeing a retracement in an intermediate term uptrend and until we see the short term low (marked on my chart below) give way, market flow on the daily is still up.
If we see this short term low get penetrated to the downside and we get a rally back towards the most recent high formed on the daily, I would then look to sell short in anticipation of the formation of a short term high. Thanks for the input. Please see my chart below.

AUDUSD Daily

Hi Drew, welcome to the forum. Nice post, this is exactly what I would be looking for. Seeing the short term swing low break down at 1.0330 (turning market flow bearish on the daily) and then a false rally back up towards the current 1.0477 high would be ideal where I would then look for OTE. Looking forward to future contributions.

I went short on the Aussie based on the high made on the daily chart (three bar pattern), simple power of three, minor break of market structure four hour basis.
I sold it at the close of the third daily candle (NY candles) 1.0420 with my 35 pip SL above the previous days high at 1.0455. I admit my entry lacked Bobs finesse and entry price but i don’t have time to trade the kill zones atm

No my stop is currently at 0475 where my first entry was…

AUD/USD Daily Chart

First blue line to me shows that the Weekly Market Structure is broke Bearish. We came up and snagged some stops at 0473 level within nesting Weekly and Daily OTE. Price was unable to close above Weekly 62% Level 0430 creating a 3 Bar Daily Swing Point.

We have since created a Long Term High with another Long Term High to the left of it. I would assume the way ICT teaches it we would be anticipating OTE on the right hand side, which it should create another Long Term high. This is also a Head and Shoulders pattern.

On larger OTE’s like this if we wait for Daily Market Structure to break Bearish, wouldn’t we be limiting ourselves to possible entries. Going back through the chart it seems like if we wait for Daily to turn Bearish we could be missing the move more times that we would get an entry?

I do have to admit during Sept I was anticipating OTE to form because Daily Market Structure turned Bearish and we blew through my entry and taking out my stop and the high from Aug. At this time I was confused to where price would go. Now that it broke market structure again I thought it was the time to enter.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this Shaun…Thanks