Is forex a lonely business?

That makes sense. :blush: I also feel super lucky to have found the babypips forums when I was just starting out. :blush:

Definitely! :blush: The school and the quizzes could be a good distraction. :sweat_smile: Good luck with your learning! :blush:

Absolutely it is; especially when you are just trading for a prop firm on your laptop at home. I have just been thinking once I am able to do this full time it’s important for me to find a group I can be a part of to give me that same thing I get now from my day job. I would suggest the same to other traders who don’t already have an extensive amount of friends and family

At the end of the day, I’d say yes.

:face_with_monocle: that is suspicious

I would agree that it’s a lonely business. What’s more, I chose Forex exactly for this reason because I really enjoy being lonely. I’m not a big fan of socializing to put it mildly. When working at offices you have to put up with so-called corporate culture – the thing unacceptable for me. Forex allows me to feel free.

1 Like

Trading is very boring in case you trade all day long without any side activities.
And yeah it causes some feelings of loneliness, especially if you are really alone at home and nobody surrounds you. It’s obligatory for a trader, as well as for any human being, to have social connection, for instance, a trader can easily communicate with others on different forums like this one. The best way is to find another activity that will help a trader to distract from his primary occupation.

1 Like

It depends on individual preferences and efforts to connect with others in the forex field.

1 Like

Absolutely! Trading can sometimes feel lonely, especially for full-time traders. It’s common to spend long hours analyzing charts and making decisions on your own.

1 Like

I think FX trading allow people to work at their own pace and make decisions themselves without relying on others.

1 Like

That’s very interesting! :sweat_smile: But given the way you described it, I guess you’re more comfortable being alone. And in your case, being alone doesn’t have to automatically equate to being lonely! :blush:

Have you found this activity for you? :blush:

Definitely! :blush: I think that’s also the beauty of working for yourself and working by yourself through trading. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I agree, trading can be a lonely journey, especially for those of us who trade full-time. It’s not something that’s often discussed openly, but it’s a common experience. Spending long hours analyzing charts and making trading decisions can sometimes make me feel isolated.

Many traders trade Forex in group and it’s sometimnes beneficial especially for those who badly need support.

As an extremely social person, I used to often feel like this. :sweat_smile: But I hope that being here and interacting with the us here can somehow make you feel better. :pray:

1 Like

Ooh. :open_mouth: Have you tried this out? :smiley: How was the experience like?

Traders have the freedom to develop their strategies, manage their trades, and take responsibility for their trading outcomes, fostering a sense of autonomy and self-reliance in the market.

Trading doesn’t have to be a solo journey. Partnering up with someone can actually make the experience much more enjoyable and insightful. You can bounce ideas off each other, discuss strategies, and learn from each other’s experiences. It’s kind of like having a gym buddy, but for trading! This can make the whole process more engaging, and hey, it might even improve your trading game. So no, you don’t need to feel alone in trading. Grab a partner and make the most out of it together!

2 Likes

I consider loneliness a form of chemical imbalance that should be addressed in some way to restore the balance in a person. Taking care of ones self is a full time job, no time to be lonely.

2 Likes